Planet Spurs Forums: January Transfer window 2020 (our most important window for decades) - Planet Spurs Forums

• 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

January Transfer window 2020 (our most important window for decades)

#541 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:45

View PostYidio Yidio, on 07 February 2020 - 22:02, said:

Did we just do an Arsenal and buy Bergwijn when we need to sort our defensive unit out ?

We may have learnt from Arsenal's mistakes in terms of building a new stadium, but not when it comes to contracts, transfer policy, and aiming for more than top four.

#542 User is offline   bohsmart79 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2020 - 08:44

bergwijn wil be a positive signing young fast with plenty to offer could be end of lamelas days come the summer window.speaking of summer windows and our defence.any one with players to come to bolster it.one no nonsense center half we could do with is james tarkowski hes an out and out defender something we need.be a great partner along side toby and tanganga.

#543 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 08 February 2020 - 19:07

View Postbohsmart79, on 08 February 2020 - 08:44, said:

bergwijn wil be a positive signing young fast with plenty to offer could be end of lamelas days come the summer window.speaking of summer windows and our defence.any one with players to come to bolster it.one no nonsense center half we could do with is james tarkowski hes an out and out defender something we need.be a great partner along side toby and tanganga.

Old lumpy CB's are a thing of the past. Maguire is proving this week in week out. Van Dick is the blue print, quick and agile.

#544 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 February 2020 - 19:07

View Posttomtom, on 07 February 2020 - 23:51, said:

Pretty much. But he's better than Pepe

Walcott is better than Pepe.

#545 User is offline   bohsmart79 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:53

View PostYidio Yidio, on 08 February 2020 - 19:07, said:

Old lumpy CB's are a thing of the past. Maguire is proving this week in week out. Van Dick is the blue print, quick and agile.

your missing my point we need that type of centre half along side toby/tanganga/sanchez.a defender who can defend.

#546 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain

Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:48

Van Dijk is basically a giant that can play.

Not sure another one exists. Closest in recent years was Kompany. Kaboul wasn't bad for a bit beside Ledley. I agree our defence would work better if we had an absolute s***house nutter beside one of our ballplayers. Same with our midfield.

#547 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 February 2020 - 14:06

View Postbohsmart79, on 09 February 2020 - 08:53, said:

your missing my point we need that type of centre half along side toby/tanganga/sanchez.a defender who can defend.

Absolutely not missing your point, but CB's who are hitting 30 are not quick enough, and an experienced rock type defender dictates how you play. It's out dated.

You need quick and agile, perhaps if I mention Ledley King, it makes more sense.

#548 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 February 2020 - 14:07

View Post50 Cent, on 09 February 2020 - 10:48, said:

Van Dijk is basically a giant that can play.

Not sure another one exists. Closest in recent years was Kompany. Kaboul wasn't bad for a bit beside Ledley. I agree our defence would work better if we had an absolute s***house nutter beside one of our ballplayers. Same with our midfield.

Nathan Ake ? Maybe Tanganga

#549 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 09 February 2020 - 14:12

View PostYidio Yidio, on 09 February 2020 - 14:07, said:

Nathan Ake ? Maybe Tanganga

Been linked this morning for 40mil in the summer

#550 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 February 2020 - 14:31

View Postaramak, on 09 February 2020 - 14:12, said:

Been linked this morning for 40mil in the summer

Not sure he's good enough, but certainly ticks a lot of boxes with his style of play and abilities. Some say he's got to many mistakes in him.

I'd be a lot happier at 30M though

#551 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 09 February 2020 - 15:17

Since we seem to be back to looking to getting the best young talent around rather than established names. I would like us to look at British talent again because there's a big issues in the pipeline with the FA deciding the quota of English or Home grown players in match day squads and it's looking more and more likely that they're going to increase the quota and I don't want us caught on the hop.

We're already at a disadvantage with the likes of Dier and Davies which I find absolutely ridiculous.

#552 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain

Posted 09 February 2020 - 16:11

View Postaramak, on 09 February 2020 - 15:17, said:

Since we seem to be back to looking to getting the best young talent around rather than established names. I would like us to look at British talent again because there's a big issues in the pipeline with the FA deciding the quota of English or Home grown players in match day squads and it's looking more and more likely that they're going to increase the quota and I don't want us caught on the hop.

We're already at a disadvantage with the likes of Dier and Davies which I find absolutely ridiculous.

I also find this ridiculous, and the fact that Poch didn't see it coming or plan for the future. When Sherwood left we were basically the best homegrown team there was. How we abandoned the set up and forgot our successful roots is beyond me. Even simple signings we used to make like Lennon, Bale, Dele, or Dawson, Walker, Rose. Now we sign Jack Clarke and never play him.

Strange to say it but I can see United coming good after Solskjaer for similar reasons.

#553 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 February 2020 - 18:00

View Post50 Cent, on 09 February 2020 - 16:11, said:

I also find this ridiculous, and the fact that Poch didn't see it coming or plan for the future. When Sherwood left we were basically the best homegrown team there was. How we abandoned the set up and forgot our successful roots is beyond me. Even simple signings we used to make like Lennon, Bale, Dele, or Dawson, Walker, Rose. Now we sign Jack Clarke and never play him.

Strange to say it but I can see United coming good after Solskjaer for similar reasons.

We've always had one eye on homegrown talent, Clarke, Sess, we just won't pay for even championship level talent these days. Need to look lower down the leagues I'm afraid.

no one seems to remember us signing Kion Etete from Notts County. An academy level player, but that's the way to deal with the new rules.

#554 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 February 2020 - 16:55

View Postaramak, on 08 February 2020 - 05:15, said:

That's why I'll rate Ronaldo higher than him till he at least tries to do it in another league

Did you ever see messi play live???
He's literally 2 levels above everyone else.
I mean, kane is good, Ronaldo has insane stats, but I never saw professional players fall over (constantly) trying to defend a player. Until I saw Messi.
He's a living football God and if he'd ever go to another club, which I can't see happening he'll play first XI.

#555 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 March 2020 - 20:32

And to think I laughed at United signing Ighalo ...scored again tonight! Their January business was miles better than us

#556 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2020 - 15:47

Hi had a random brainwave today, weren't we linked with Osimhen as a youngster, before he went to Chaleroi?

#557 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain

Posted 06 March 2020 - 23:02

Our recent signings in the past two or three windows have been based on business and not football. It is like the owners know the price of everything and the value of nothing. None of our signings have been of value to our defence or defensive mid as an example, so even if we are buying potential world class creative talents at potential amicable prices it is really pointless.

Share this topic:

• 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users