Looks like a similar player to Maddison - we should be looking at him IMO

No heís a left footed player on the right, more like Lamela
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#3 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:56

I just meant that heís young, English, championship standout player - similar to what Maddison was when Leicester went and bought him.

#4 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:38

We've enquired before. Don't remember what happened.

#5 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2019 - 16:06

don't think he is good enough for us, have Sess/Son/Moura/Clarke (Loan) to occupy the position he plays.

Why buy when we have more potential already at the club in Kion Etete/Troy Parrott and J'Neil Bennet coming through as forwards...

#6 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:56

We were after him a year ago, donít know if mourinho will want another player that may need time to develop.

#7 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:26

View PostHurrikane, on 12 December 2019 - 16:06, said:

don't think he is good enough for us, have Sess/Son/Moura/Clarke (Loan) to occupy the position he plays.

Why buy when we have more potential already at the club in Kion Etete/Troy Parrott and J'Neil Bennet coming through as forwards...

He’s making more of an impact in first team football terms than all the above except Son. You could even throw Lamela into the equation and Bowen still comes out looking more productive.

We could probably get Olmo, Ajer, Edouard, Bowen for < £80m which is much better value than eg Lo Celso. That’s prospects at CAM, Kane backup, CB and someone versatile on either wing, for double the price we paid for Davinson, or 3 times we paid for Lamela/Sissoko/Soldado.

Meanwhile in reality we have a chicken and egg scenario between a chairman not thinking pro actively about footballing matters, and a scouting/recruitment setup that reflects that.

Why we just stopped looking for Ali/Diers still baffles me to this day. Honestly football manager scouting is more productive than what’s going on at our club
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#8 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:42

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 14 December 2019 - 05:26, said:

He’s making more of an impact in first team football terms than all the above except Son. You could even throw Lamela into the equation and Bowen still comes out looking more productive.

We could probably get Olmo, Ajer, Edouard, Bowen for < £80m which is much better value than eg Lo Celso. That’s prospects at CAM, Kane backup, CB and someone versatile on either wing, for double the price we paid for Davinson, or 3 times we paid for Lamela/Sissoko/Soldado.

Meanwhile in reality we have a chicken and egg scenario between a chairman not thinking pro actively about footballing matters, and a scouting/recruitment setup that reflects that.

Why we just stopped looking for Ali/Diers still baffles me to this day. Honestly football manager scouting is more productive than what’s going on at our club

Our club already tried to sign him a year ago but Levy does not think he is worth 20 million . Our club then went for Grealish, Levy bulked at there asking price and then turned there attention to Jack Clarke because he is cheaper. My link

#9 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:28

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 14 December 2019 - 05:26, said:

Heís making more of an impact in first team football terms than all the above except Son. You could even throw Lamela into the equation and Bowen still comes out looking more productive.

We could probably get Olmo, Ajer, Edouard, Bowen for < £80m which is much better value than eg Lo Celso. Thatís prospects at CAM, Kane backup, CB and someone versatile on either wing, for double the price we paid for Davinson, or 3 times we paid for Lamela/Sissoko/Soldado.

Why we just stopped looking for Ali/Diers still baffles me to this day. Honestly football manager scouting is more productive than whatís going on at our club

The Alli/Dier players now cost closer to £20 million and when we were in for Grealish quite a few didn't want him as they wanted players like N'Dombele and Celso. In fact, if Levy hadn't bought N'dombele he would definitely have been slaughtered by the fans, it's difficult to now read that the recruitment of last summer is wrong.

Back Poch or lose him would not have been quenched as Poch wanted braver signings, I'd like him to write a book NOW, as I'm interested in what went wrong in terms of who wanted Celso, him or the scouting committee.

As with Kane before, buy a striker, block Parrott. Buy Llorente, and it doesn't excite the support. I would not buy a striker, I, as most have pointed out would buy at CB or DM.

#10 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:28

View PostSpurs scout, on 14 December 2019 - 08:42, said:

Our club already tried to sign him a year ago but Levy does not think he is worth 20 million . Our club then went for Grealish, Levy bulked at there asking price and then turned there attention to Jack Clarke because he is cheaper. My link

The sun are not a credible source and we didn't pull out of Grealish deal Villa new chairman did.

#11 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 January 2020 - 15:32

Palace £16m deal ....think weíve missed out on one here. Iím getting James Maddison feelings
Personally would have preferred this lad to Bergjwn

#12 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2020 - 15:44

He's really not that good!

#13 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 January 2020 - 15:52