• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FULLBACKS

#21 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 02 January 2020 - 22:54

View Posttomtom, on 02 January 2020 - 22:48, said:

He's clearly lost a couple yards Rog. It's plain as day.

I'm hoping he adjusts as to me it looks like he's positioning himself as if he still had the pace of 2 years ago. If he can adjust to his current limitations he can yet be an important part of a solid backline for us with the right players around him, but on current showings he and Jan are in fairly rapid decline.

I haven't even started on how good Trips might have been with a decent CB near him. I've got evidence to back that up lol.

#22 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:43

View PostYidio Yidio, on 02 January 2020 - 22:54, said:

I haven't even started on how good Trips might have been with a decent CB near him. I've got evidence to back that up lol.

Trippier was dreadful all on his own, his p!ss poor performances & relentless mistakes can in no way be put at Tobys door,
Trips is still 100 times better than our current nut job RB

#23 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:51

View PostParklaner, on 03 January 2020 - 01:43, said:

Trippier was dreadful all on his own, his p!ss poor performances & relentless mistakes can in no way be put at Tobys door,

Yes agreed, although wouldn’t say 100 times lol

A drilled Jose low block should suit Toby if and when it arrives
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#24 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:22

View PostParklaner, on 03 January 2020 - 01:43, said:

Yes they can, he seems ok now.

And he was doing ok before, maybe just maybe toby is to blame and not everyone around him.

And at 150k he should be galvanising players around him, but he isnt

#25 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:23

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 03 January 2020 - 01:51, said:

Yes agreed, although wouldn’t say 100 times lol

A drilled Jose low block should suit Toby if and when it arrives

Cobblers, he ain't good enough at defending. He ain't a leader either.

#26 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:43

View PostYidio Yidio, on 03 January 2020 - 02:23, said:

Cobblers, he ain't good enough at defending. He ain't a leader either.

A completely differing opinion, which is ok.

You don’t like Toby, whereas I’m indifferent which probably impacts on our views of him.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#27 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:47

View PostYidio Yidio, on 03 January 2020 - 02:22, said:

Yes they can, he seems ok now.

And he was doing ok before, maybe just maybe toby is to blame and not everyone around him.

And at 150k he should be galvanising players around him, but he isnt

so trips losing possession,dallying on the ball getting caught in possession turning attack into defence whilst costing us goals against Utd city Liverpool arsenal etc.is now toby’s fault ?? :wtf: trips was weekly poor getting caught a head of play because of his own timid tackles & headless passing,
TA has been a rock for the majority of his time with us & now is nowhere near as protected which has exposed his lack of pace yet he remains clearly our best CB & was issued a new deal because it was the best option for the club in our current state because we’re currently looking at a £200m bill to rebuild our back line & that’s with Toby staying, vertonghen has been worse than Toby & also needs replacing, currently we’re in desperate need of at least one RB, a LB & 2 new CB once verts is gone, so keeping Toby was a no brainier,
I’d argue no CB would shine in our team, we have no DCM, our RB is headless & doesn’t seem to understand what or where a RB should on the park & no settled pairing at CB
We’re literally in need of a complete back line rebuild to add Toby leaving for free to that would have been another big set back,
Levy will no way let toby see this contract out but now we have control over his situation, unless he settles back into his best form once the side is more settled & protects the CB more, we will move him on but hopefully it will be in a situation where we have the luxury of moving one out one in, rather than the desperate situation we find ourselves currently.

#28 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:04

Yeah trips was making terrible mistakes all on his own. He admits himself he was poor but says he was playing through injury.

I'm not team Toby is still world class by any means but I was pleased to see Trippier go. Fact we failed to bring in a replacement was daft though.

#29 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 January 2020 - 20:58

View PostParklaner, on 03 January 2020 - 09:47, said:

so trips losing possession,dallying on the ball getting caught in possession turning attack into defence whilst costing us goals against Utd city Liverpool arsenal etc.is now toby’s fault ?? :wtf: trips was weekly poor getting caught a head of play because of his own timid tackles & headless passing,
TA has been a rock for the majority of his time with us & now is nowhere near as protected which has exposed his lack of pace yet he remains clearly our best CB & was issued a new deal because it was the best option for the club in our current state because we’re currently looking at a £200m bill to rebuild our back line & that’s with Toby staying, vertonghen has been worse than Toby & also needs replacing, currently we’re in desperate need of at least one RB, a LB & 2 new CB once verts is gone, so keeping Toby was a no brainier,
I’d argue no CB would shine in our team, we have no DCM, our RB is headless & doesn’t seem to understand what or where a RB should on the park & no settled pairing at CB
We’re literally in need of a complete back line rebuild to add Toby leaving for free to that would have been another big set back,
Levy will no way let toby see this contract out but now we have control over his situation, unless he settles back into his best form once the side is more settled & protects the CB more, we will move him on but hopefully it will be in a situation where we have the luxury of moving one out one in, rather than the desperate situation we find ourselves currently.

So he will move on and won't run down his £150K a week ?

I think maybe the fact he didn't sign for £180K, no one came in and he then signed for £150k suggests he won't be offered close to that again. So we'll likely be letting him go for free anyway if his contract gets cut short. We're in control of nothing here, in fact, we're in far less control than just letting him go.

He has to come good, or it's a mistake. And I've already said building around him isn't a good idea.

But tbh, I'm bored of saying it, but clearly the internet is rife with comments akin to this.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users