• You cannot reply to this topic

Gedson Fernandes

#1 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 10 January 2020 - 22:43

Iíd prefer Bruno Fernandes lol

Chelsea and Spam after him and now weíve entered the race with a loan offer....never heard of him or seen him play

#2 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 January 2020 - 23:26

Jesus what are we doing,, hes not what we need,,hes a skinny kid,, we need real men to run our midfield,, this better be media or our transfer committee dont know what there at

#3 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2020 - 23:37

I will say what I said with the N'Dombele and Lo Celso signings.

Can they defend?

If the answer is no, then no thank you.

#4 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:09

One assist all season. Might as well keep winks on the pitch. Lo Celso and tanguy nntge middle please

#5 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 January 2020 - 16:00

View Postfentonroad, on 12 January 2020 - 10:09, said:

One assist all season. Might as well keep winks on the pitch. Lo Celso and tanguy nntge middle please

Got to admit this isnít filling me with excitement either. Doesnít seem to be a defensive midfielder but nor has he done much going forward in regards to goals/assists....

#6 User is offline   Really!!! 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2020 - 16:46

I'm with everyone else. I see the current squad and am frantically racking my remaining brain cells to figure out wtf our midfield is just now.

#7 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2020 - 16:47

No thank you.

#8 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 January 2020 - 17:46

View PostReally!!!, on 12 January 2020 - 16:46, said:

I'm with everyone else. I see the current squad and am frantically racking my remaining brain cells to figure out wtf our midfield is just now.

Yep Iíd give anything to have a midfield set of players that has some bloody balance! All good midfields are based around a disciplined holding player alongside one or two more attack minded midfielders.....

Eg Fabinho alongside Ox/Wjunaldum/Henderson/Lallana
Eg Busquests alongside Xavi/Iniesta
Eg even Huddlestone alongside Modric/Jenas

#9 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2020 - 18:29

So taking out long term injury Sissoko our centre mids are Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dier, Wanyama and Skipp. If we are to add to that it has to be special and for me G. Fernandes is not that.

I know Eriksen and Dele can drop there at a push, but midfield/ attack wise if we are to bring anyone in it should be a creator supreme to replace Eriksen and/ or a midfielder who can also play as a striker.

Oh, and I would say permanently sign Lo Celso asap, he has done enough for me to think he can give us something

#10 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 January 2020 - 21:30

Is this guy any good ?

#11 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 January 2020 - 21:59

View Poststokesie, on 12 January 2020 - 21:30, said:

Is this guy any good ?

Jose thinks so. Seemingly planet spurs does not lol.

#12 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 January 2020 - 22:00

View Postfentonroad, on 12 January 2020 - 18:29, said:

So taking out long term injury Sissoko our centre mids are Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dier, Wanyama and Skipp. If we are to add to that it has to be special and for me G. Fernandes is not that.

I know Eriksen and Dele can drop there at a push, but midfield/ attack wise if we are to bring anyone in it should be a creator supreme to replace Eriksen and/ or a midfielder who can also play as a striker.

Oh, and I would say permanently sign Lo Celso asap, he has done enough for me to think he can give us something

Jose clearly wants a DM and a cm. Right now our fit CMs are Winks... Lo Celso more attacking along with Dele & co. Our fit DMs are?? So we're playing Winks at DM and Eriksen at CM currently.

Bring in some support imo.

#13 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 January 2020 - 22:21

Not the player I want or more importantly not the player we NEED IMO! But we have all been screaming out for signings and asking for young talent to refresh this awful squad.....

Itís seems itís pretty much done ...
Reluctantly itís almost banana time lol

#14 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 January 2020 - 22:24

Considering so many complaints have been made as regards Sissoko,Winks and Dier I cant see why this transfer is not wholly welcomed.

#15 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 January 2020 - 23:19

Portuguese, Young, highly rated like Renato Sanches was

Excellent physically, lots of potential.

Honestly we are complaining about transfers, inactivity, slow in market, and have just been proactive.

Aarons, Fernandes and Piatek would be an absolutely great January. With Wanyama, Foyth, Eriksen leaving
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#16 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:56

No point in loaning in players when our current loanees aren't getting regular game time, now that Sissoko is injured Lo CElso should be stepping up to the plate.

Fernandes is not a deep sitting tackling midfielder, so will be competing with Ndombele, Winks and Lo Celso. With 3 goals and 7 assists in the last two years it doesn't pull up any trees. Aren't we better off giving Skipp his spot/ more time as back up cm?

#17 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:23

View Postfentonroad, on 13 January 2020 - 10:56, said:

No point in loaning in players when our current loanees aren't getting regular game time, now that Sissoko is injured Lo CElso should be stepping up to the plate.

Fernandes is not a deep sitting tackling midfielder, so will be competing with Ndombele, Winks and Lo Celso. With 3 goals and 7 assists in the last two years it doesn't pull up any trees. Aren't we better off giving Skipp his spot/ more time as back up cm?

Canít help but agree, would almost rather we gave skipp/roles a chance but Mourinho doesnít really do that sort of thing

#18 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:33

Right now I would say putting aside his niggling injuries first choice centre mid should be Tanguy and he should now be partnered with Lo Celso. Back ups can be Winks Dier and Skipp, even Wanyama and Dele and Eriksen at a push. What on earth are we doing looking at bringing in this type of player?

I can understand a Bruno Fernandes as he will be a direct replacement for Eriksen and can play CM but we already have so many Gedson type players.

The only place which makes sense to bring a loan in is a striker. Piatek probably is a good fit short term. If we were looking for a more permanent solution it would have to be a midfielder who can play striker or vice versa along the lines of Zaha or Martial type of player.

#19 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:53

If we buy G.Fernandes and sell Eriksen,nothing else, I would hope our first choice 2 central midfielders would be Ndombele and Fernandes .I still would not mind a 4-3-2-1 with the three midfielders being Ndombele-Lo Celso-Fernandes. All can put a tackle in and are good dribblers. Put Dele or Moura and Son just behind Kane and that would be pretty strong.
Wouldn’t mind B.Fernandes mind you. Second and third signings atm must be a striker and full back.

#20 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 January 2020 - 13:19

Iím hoping heís one of about 4 signings. Heís young so letís hope he can be moulded into a good player. Heís had issues with Benfica and the manager apparently so hopefully thatís why he hasnít been involved too much.

Heís commanding a fee of around 55m apparently so he mustíve done something 🤷🏽‍♂️

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users