• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gedson Fernandes

#21 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 13 January 2020 - 13:45

£55m and he's done nothing this season, only 1 assist and no goals is no return for a central/ attacking midfielder. Even with the minimal time he's had Lo Celso has scored this season.

Last season Fernandes got 3 goals and 6 assists, Lo Celso got the same amount of assists and 16 goals and he's not getting a decent run at Spurs so how on earth can he be Fernandes be first choice? I can understand if he was a destroyer along the lines of Kante, but he is quite the opposite. No better than Winks. What is the point of wasting time and money on him when we already have Lo Celso, Winks and Skipp?

Spend time and money elsewhere Jose.

#22 User is offline   Sandro's brother 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2020 - 14:00

Supposed to be having a medical as we speak.

God knows what goes through some peoples minds

#23 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 January 2020 - 16:41

Lo Celso is an AM who sometimes plays deeper. This guy is a CM who sometimes plays AM. They're different.

Jose has already said he doesn't like Sissoko as a CM but had to play him there as we had injuries, now he's injured too. This is clearly what Jose views as one of his CM pair currently and then competing for the spot when other players are fit.

I welcome it even though I've seen little of him.

#24 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 January 2020 - 18:09

Done

#25 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:21

As this seems pretty much done and I've spent a lot of time hoping it wouldn't happen I'm now trying to look at he positives.

He's not competing with Dier, Wanyama, Skipp, Tanguy and Winks. They're our deep sitting/ holding midfielders of which Tanguy is clearly the pick as he can disrupt and give something going forward.

Gedson's competing with Lo Celso and Sissoko and with the latter being out for the season maybe it is the right move. Stat wise Lo Celso beats both in assists and goal rate but Fernandes score and sets up more often that Sissoko so could be a good thing long term.

My only worry is that he takes time off of Lo Celso who should be the first choice now that Moussa is out and Ereiksen is imminently on his way.

#26 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:54

I'd say he is competing with winks, Sissoko and Ndombele but has a rep for being a bit more defensive.

Other theory is it's a mendes bung and we're going to land a Biggie in the summer lol.

#27 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2020 - 13:32

Just seems we are bringing in a player who isn't even getting regular football at a club like Benfica in a lesser league. Poor man's Winks posssibly

#28 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 January 2020 - 14:35

View Postfentonroad, on 13 January 2020 - 13:45, said:

£55m and he's done nothing this season, only 1 assist and no goals is no return for a central/ attacking midfielder. Even with the minimal time he's had Lo Celso has scored this season.

Last season Fernandes got 3 goals and 6 assists, Lo Celso got the same amount of assists and 16 goals and he's not getting a decent run at Spurs so how on earth can he be Fernandes be first choice? I can understand if he was a destroyer along the lines of Kante, but he is quite the opposite. No better than Winks. What is the point of wasting time and money on him when we already have Lo Celso, Winks and Skipp?

Spend time and money elsewhere Jose.

Itís just a loan fee for this season and next. Itís only £55million if he performs at a level to warrant that fee.

#29 User is offline   Really!!! 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2020 - 17:25

Telegraph had an article on him that's worth reading.

#30 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 January 2020 - 17:27

View Postfentonroad, on 14 January 2020 - 13:32, said:

Just seems we are bringing in a player who isn't even getting regular football at a club like Benfica in a lesser league. Poor man's Winks posssibly

two reasons he's not been getting games

1 - injury (he'll fit right in)
2 - fell out with the new manager

Like I say, this is a deal we tried to do on a permanent in the summer and had a bid rejected. Chelsea were in for him too. Kind of feel he might be one for the future but 18 months is plenty of time to decide.

#31 User is offline   Really!!! 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2020 - 18:39

Well time will tell, the telegraph suggests he is box to box, happy to battle, quick feet, good passer but very very limited time on the pitch. The Portuguese league is not the most competitive league, however very skillful, but again is this another square peg and a significantly inexperienced one at that? I'm so unimpressed with Ndombele(ability no baws) and especially loceslo (does not look comfortable in a fast physical league) I'd happily take anything positive in midfield, but if he is another did then wow (150m of mediocrity) back to Dier not fit, sissoko just not good, winks not in the right position and fck knows what else.

#32 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:40

Welcome to Spurs. All the best of luck and hope you will make us proud.
Come On You SPURS 🐓
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#33 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2020 - 13:23

CAN HE DEFEND THO

#34 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 January 2020 - 19:25

View Post50 Cent, on 15 January 2020 - 13:23, said:

CAN HE DEFEND THO

supposedly more so thank Winks and Sissoko. We'll see.

Ended up as a modest loan fee so relatively low risk cover while Sissoko is out worst case. Best case he's a baller and we can sign him for 45M after an 18 month trial

#35 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 January 2020 - 19:09

Done alot of reading up on this kid and watched alot of footage of him and I know youtube only shows the best bits but that's what I want to see as I can read what hes not good at,,which from what I've seen is not alot,, he pretty much a good all rounder who was heading for the top when he got an injury and missed preseason at the start of this season which put him down the picking order along with a new manager in place when he came back who had a settled team and didnt change to much, and when he did get game time it was on the right wing which I'm told is a waste of his talent, and this is why he never got a chance to shine in his favourite position under the new manager,,benfica would rather he got game time with us and we buy him as that's pretty much what they do,,so all week I've seen alot of fans giving this kid sh1t before hes even kicked a ball for us because hes not the player they wanted to sign,, but I'm pretty happy with this deal because we get time to work with him and test drive the goods before we buy,,,so for me the kid gets a free hit this year to settle in and next season show us the goods and if he is a success we get him for Ä50m which will be cheap if hes worth paying out for and if he fails it only cost us Ä4m loan fee plus his wages which would be small I'm sure,, his family moved to london a few years ago so that should help him settle here and he should be happier,,so welcome to spurs gedson,, I have a good feeling about you

#36 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:49

View Posthotsauce, on 16 January 2020 - 19:09, said:

Done alot of reading up on this kid and watched alot of footage of him and I know youtube only shows the best bits but that's what I want to see as I can read what hes not good at,,which from what I've seen is not alot,, he pretty much a good all rounder who was heading for the top when he got an injury and missed preseason at the start of this season which put him down the picking order along with a new manager in place when he came back who had a settled team and didnt change to much, and when he did get game time it was on the right wing which I'm told is a waste of his talent, and this is why he never got a chance to shine in his favourite position under the new manager,,benfica would rather he got game time with us and we buy him as that's pretty much what they do,,so all week I've seen alot of fans giving this kid sh1t before hes even kicked a ball for us because hes not the player they wanted to sign,, but I'm pretty happy with this deal because we get time to work with him and test drive the goods before we buy,,,so for me the kid gets a free hit this year to settle in and next season show us the goods and if he is a success we get him for Ä50m which will be cheap if hes worth paying out for and if he fails it only cost us Ä4m loan fee plus his wages which would be small I'm sure,, his family moved to london a few years ago so that should help him settle here and he should be happier,,so welcome to spurs gedson,, I have a good feeling about you

Good post, how can this be wrong, apart from him not being 25 with 50 international caps. It could be a Maureen gem, who knows.

#37 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:43

We tried to sign him in summer along with some other clubs. Mourinho obviously rated him too and wanted this done but he's not a new target.

#38 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:49

View Posttomtom, on 21 January 2020 - 09:43, said:

We tried to sign him in summer along with some other clubs. Mourinho obviously rated him too and wanted this done but he's not a new target.

Shame, if he was scouted by the same people that brought us N Celsby and co. The moaners will sell him by March.

#39 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2020 - 13:18

View Postfentonroad, on 14 January 2020 - 13:32, said:

Unfortunately I have a feeling this may be true.

#40 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 January 2020 - 14:29

View Post50 Cent, on 21 January 2020 - 13:18, said:

Unfortunately I have a feeling this may be true.

Yet Bruno is doing the same and everyone thinks he is top banana

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users