• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eriksen

#21 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 January 2020 - 00:44

How bad must Wanyama be these days if Dier is considered ahead of him.

#22 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:08

View Postgriff, on 26 January 2020 - 00:44, said:

How bad must Wanyama be these days if Dier is considered ahead of him.

The amount of deadwood in our squad is unbelieveable. The clearout needed is greater than when Poch took over imo.

That said, I would still like to see Wanyama and Dier given a chance, just because of the fact it is pointless even having them on the books and it was a terrible decision in preseason but you have to stick to it.

#23 User is offline   PH1882 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:31

View Post50 Cent, on 26 January 2020 - 04:08, said:

The amount of deadwood in our squad is unbelieveable. The clearout needed is greater than when Poch took over imo.

Totally agree mate.

I think a lot of people have overlooked how big a task this is for JM and have been too quick to criticise based on results.

#24 User is offline   Really!!! 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2020 - 14:54

View PostPH1882, on 26 January 2020 - 10:31, said:

Totally agree mate.

I think a lot of people have overlooked how big a task this is for JM and have been too quick to criticise based on results.

A huge issue for the club was the reluctance of the previous manager to play dier and wanyama for the last year plugging instead for sissoko regardless of the results.

Then Dembele walked and it became a nailed down 90min a week job for sissoko and our results were s***....

Wanyama and dier left to rot? Why? Wtf went on. Do we really live in a world we're box to box regardless of any fn ability is better than more settled DM? Was the fact we had no box to box the reason, cause I don't see sissoko as a box to box regardless of his headless chicken runs. None of it made sense then and frankly our midfield fails to make sense now either. Week in week out we generally go back and forth and utterly fail to control the game. Personally I'd bin son Moura Ali and kane all starting. Ali, kane and either Moura or Son. That would leave us better placed in MF.

#25 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 January 2020 - 17:06

Wanyama is crocked. We tried to sell him but he refused to take a pay cut - he's basically doing the same as Eriksen but is physically unable to play at any kind of level.

Dier has had serious injury and health issues and has gone backwards drastically as a result. Neither were playable so it's absolutely not on Poch for picking healthy players in Sissoko, Winks & co over ones that were unable to play competitive football.

#26 User is offline   Really!!! 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2020 - 21:47

View Posttomtom, on 26 January 2020 - 17:06, said:

Wanyama is crocked. We tried to sell him but he refused to take a pay cut - he's basically doing the same as Eriksen but is physically unable to play at any kind of level.

Dier has had serious injury and health issues and has gone backwards drastically as a result. Neither were playable so it's absolutely not on Poch for picking healthy players in Sissoko, Winks & co over ones that were unable to play competitive football.

Poch played sissoko as he asked the club to sign him. He was sure he could turn him in to a star and dumped the other two faster than John Terry's pants at a players and wives night out. Wanyama and Dier may have been injured for a period but they didn't get a look in after that.

#27 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 January 2020 - 23:13

Lol. Wanyama broke down every single time he got mins. He has a permanent knee issue which is why we're receiving offers of less than 5M for him as he won't pass a medical. Dier came forward to talk about his health issues.

Sissoko was Dembele successor in Poch's eyes. He wanted a DM and had 2 crocks. He believed Dier would return to form but he kept having issues, not all of which have gone public yet from what Eric has said.

#28 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain

Posted 27 January 2020 - 19:06

Poch has to take some responsibility for not seeing that Wanyama and Dier were crocked and that Winks and Sissoko were not good enough for progression, and that N'Dombele and Lo Celso were not suitable to cover the defence as priority, and that our back four and goalkeeper were regressive and required a change or cover.

As for Mourinho and the rebuild, the issue still hasn't been addressed, so I feel that the recruitment and sporting direction is the biggest problem regardless of coach.

#29 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:19

We don't know what Ndombele and Lo Celso would be good for yet. They've barely played 5 mins together yet.

Dier's situation was imo impossible to predict but Wanyama needed to be replaced regardless, even more so when Dembele left.

#30 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:57

View Posttomtom, on 28 January 2020 - 01:19, said:

We don't know what Ndombele and Lo Celso would be good for yet. They've barely played 5 mins together yet.

Dier's situation was imo impossible to predict but Wanyama needed to be replaced regardless, even more so when Dembele left.

I'm sorry but it wasn't impossible to predict that one of Dembele, Dier, and Wanyama would deteriorate, especially when they were all injured.

I knew before signing that N'Dombele and Lo Celso didn't have the defensive stats required to improve us in those positions.

Starting the season with faith in Winks and Sissoko was a terrible decision. We had two big signings to improve on them and messed it up. Praying that both Dier and Wanyama would be okay is terrible sporting management. At least one needed covered for. I had this conversation before preseason. Why everyone thinks it is hindsight is beyond me.

The only way it would have been is if Poch somehow magically trained Winks and Sissoko into better players over preseason and he didn't even bother to train a new CB into a new CDM.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users