• You cannot reply to this topic

Eriksen

#41 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 25 November 2020 - 16:24

View Postfentonroad, on 25 November 2020 - 15:51, said:

Not sure where and when you are seeing this magical passes. Lo Celso has never been a massive passer of the ball, he's more of a dribbler/ scorers.

In the last season and a half season Gio has set up 3 goals in 49 games and of those 3, he was playing in the more advanced Dele role and not the deeper cm role he has now. He is not a passer. Tanguy is a bit more creative but even so 5 assists in 42 games isn't wonderful.

My thoughts on the midfield 3 is that is should be made up of a destroyer, a dribbler and a passer. Right now we are lacking the passer, Eriksen would fit the 433 far more better than the 4231 we played in last season, but is he worth taking back?

Other that that, Dele probably has the best vision of our squad, he just needs to revert back to his old central role and be more of a Lampard type player who can still strike from distance.

Didn't say he has, that is why I said capable....our midfield is gritty at the moment and I don't think Eriksen fits unless he is prepare to help with the dirty stuff, even Ndombele is getting stuck in.

#42 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 November 2020 - 17:25

I really would like to see Gio Tanguy and PEH given a go together. Might be the perfect combo?

#43 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:23

no

#44 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 November 2020 - 11:15

View PostSteveB, on 26 November 2020 - 08:23, said:

If Erikssen was to be made available for just 12m I would take him back in a second

Maybe we could do a loan swap with Dele. Alli needs to start and perform tonight otherwise what's the point of keeping him as he hasn't had a look in. Hopefully he shines tonight.

#45 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2020 - 16:16

If Erikssen was to be made available for just 12m I would take him back in a second

He is not a Jose type player.

#46 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 November 2020 - 17:29

Think what has been said is all true 12m would be a steal but also fear Jose is done with him, saying that Jose and Levy both seemed to want to keep him.

#47 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 November 2020 - 22:39

If Erikssen was to be made available for just £12m I would take him back in a second

Dont think it will happen steve because he pissed levy off by running down his contract.

In june 2019 transfermarkt had him valued at £90 mill and levy had to out the player for £17 mill months later or risk him doing a bosman.

Dont think we would have got that sort of money for him at that time anyway but it looks like he has deteriorated over the last 18 months.

I remember his amazing free kicks but i also remember those corners that didnt beat the first man.

One of poch's mistakes was letting him continue to take corner kicks.

But you never know ? i never expected bale to come back but he did.

#48 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 28 November 2020 - 17:10

Definately not a Mourinho player and his wages at Inter are big, so unlikely to move anyway.

Eriksen was good, very good, but he lost interest, so let Arse pay for him and add him to the list of attack minded players that go there to retire.

#49 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 04 December 2020 - 13:04

have to agree he was bloody good was my favourite player, and as you say he started to loose interest, as indeed Berbatov did he was also very good but both went the
same way seemingly to me when they heard the "So Called Bigger clubs" werer looking at them, so just maybe they didnt perform as good because they had had their heads turned
not sure.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#50 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 December 2020 - 16:06

View Postjourneyman, on 04 December 2020 - 13:04, said:

have to agree he was bloody good was my favourite player, and as you say he started to loose interest, as indeed Berbatov did he was also very good but both went the
same way seemingly to me when they heard the "So Called Bigger clubs" werer looking at them, so just maybe they didnt perform as good because they had had their heads turned
not sure.

Same can be said for Walker, his form dipped prior to his move to City, does this mean Sanchez is off to Barcelona or Madrid ? :niceone:

#51 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 04 December 2020 - 21:54

View PostYidio Yidio, on 28 November 2020 - 17:10, said:

Definately not a Mourinho player and his wages at Inter are big, so unlikely to move anyway.

Eriksen was good, very good, but he lost interest, so let Arse pay for him and add him to the list of attack minded players that go there to retire.

Agreed. He needed others to do his dirty work as he was never that kind of player and he would have found himself gone from any Jose team. If Dele's struggling to get in then Eriksson would have no chance.

Jose doesn't do passengers in a team and when Eriksson's not on top form he's a passenger.

#52 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 December 2020 - 23:29

View Postaramak, on 04 December 2020 - 21:54, said:

Agreed. He needed others to do his dirty work as he was never that kind of player and he would have found himself gone from any Jose team. If Dele's struggling to get in then Eriksson would have no chance.

Jose doesn't do passengers in a team and when Eriksson's not on top form he's a passenger.

Sort of throws up the question..........Why Bale ?

#53 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 04 December 2020 - 23:34

View PostYidio Yidio, on 04 December 2020 - 23:29, said:

Sort of throws up the question..........Why Bale ?

Pretty much answered that on the Bale topic

#54 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 December 2020 - 00:50

View Postaramak, on 04 December 2020 - 23:34, said:

Pretty much answered that on the Bale topic

Yes, but what you see in Eriksen being a passenger in terms of players doing his dirty work, surely that also applies to Bale. Even more so if he's scared of getting injured.

Nothing really to do with covid either, as he was exactly this in Wales euro run to the semi.

Can't see him as a Mourinho player either.

#55 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 December 2020 - 11:20

View PostYidio Yidio, on 05 December 2020 - 00:50, said:

Yes, but what you see in Eriksen being a passenger in terms of players doing his dirty work, surely that also applies to Bale. Even more so if he's scared of getting injured.

Nothing really to do with covid either, as he was exactly this in Wales euro run to the semi.

Can't see him as a Mourinho player either.

He was never a player that allowed people to do his dirty work. He used to carry teams and willing to do the dirty work but currently psychologically and physically I think he's not confident in his body holding up.

#56 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 December 2020 - 11:27

Prior to his slump of the last 18 months Poch turned him from a lazy player into the player that I think the second ground most covered in the prem out of every team. He used to run his socks off at his peak and carry everyone. Yes it wasn't good at the end but don't hide or disagree the fact that for a number of seasons he was Tottenham's hardest working player.

#57 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 05 December 2020 - 11:41

View PostYidio Yidio, on 04 December 2020 - 16:06, said:

Same can be said for Walker, his form dipped prior to his move to City, does this mean Sanchez is off to Barcelona or Madrid ? :niceone:

Yes I do honestly think he will go, thats my beliefe.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#58 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 05 December 2020 - 11:43

View Postfentonroad, on 05 December 2020 - 11:27, said:

Prior to his slump of the last 18 months Poch turned him from a lazy player into the player that I think the second ground most covered in the prem out of every team. He used to run his socks off at his peak and carry everyone. Yes it wasn't good at the end but don't hide or disagree the fact that for a number of seasons he was Tottenham's hardest working player.

would certainly agree with his work ethic in the earlier times second to none.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#59 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 December 2020 - 14:59

View Postfentonroad, on 05 December 2020 - 11:27, said:

Yep, but I'm tired of saying that to those who just don't want to see it. He was often accussed of going missing when teams pushed us back because he'd be tracking so far back he was blunted as an attacking force. Did it better than VDV and to my knowledge better than Bale. Both get the bigger plaudits and claims that Bale dosen't let anyone do his dirty work or running are blind to his Wales performances (the only football he's played for some time) as Ramsey did all the running for him.

#60 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 06 December 2020 - 07:32

agree he did seem to go missing but i do wonder was there an underlying reason after all he was not the first.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users