• You cannot reply to this topic

Eriksen

#61 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:21

View PostYidio Yidio, on 05 December 2020 - 14:59, said:

Yep, but I'm tired of saying that to those who just don't want to see it. He was often accussed of going missing when teams pushed us back because he'd be tracking so far back he was blunted as an attacking force. Did it better than VDV and to my knowledge better than Bale. Both get the bigger plaudits and claims that Bale dosen't let anyone do his dirty work or running are blind to his Wales performances (the only football he's played for some time) as Ramsey did all the running for him.

Vdv was a luxury player. Awesome to watch, hard to bench for a manager because if the crowd. Mourinho wouldn't want him around

#62 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2021 - 17:12

Even at his worst Eriksen covered a lot of ground. People assume because he didn't tackle that he was doing no defensive work but his shutting down of passing lanes was absolutely second to none.

I think the ground he's covered means he's peaked early and is now past his prime. His wages aren't manageable and I wouldn't want him back BUT I could be wrong and creatively we are lacking a player like him and I have no doubt he'd be bringing more to the table than Bale.

#63 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:22

#64 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:41

I wonder if we could loan van de Beek off United as he seems the perfect fit. We can then loan Dele out to PSG and everyone gets regular football

#65 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:09

View Postfentonroad, on 08 January 2021 - 09:41, said:

I wonder if we could loan van de Beek off United as he seems the perfect fit. We can then loan Dele out to PSG and everyone gets regular football

I really rate Van De Break actually but I can imagine the response from Utd.....

#66 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:15

In regards to Eriksen, I don't want him back because he doesn't fit now, actually Lo Celso is a better fit and Ndombele is creative enough. Plus I like passion, he didn't want to be here and that mindset probably hasn't changed. He was offered the same money as Inter and he chose Inter so fair enough.

#67 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:22

View Postdieselspurs, on 08 January 2021 - 11:15, said:

In regards to Eriksen, I don't want him back because he doesn't fit now, actually Lo Celso is a better fit and Ndombele is creative enough. Plus I like passion, he didn't want to be here and that mindset probably hasn't changed. He was offered the same money as Inter and he chose Inter so fair enough.

Yep, that ship has sailed. I just think Tanguy needs more of a passer next to him. Lo Celso as I see him is more of an Ndombele dribbler. Of what we have I would prefer Dele, but clearly Jose doesn't. Sissoko can't do anything when releasing the ball (apart from his head) so that leaves Winks right now. So although not my ideal choice the realistic best option right now is Hojbjerg, Winks and Ndombele.

#68 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:31

Reports are saying our club in talks to sign Ivan Perisic. Does that mean that our club is going to end Gareth Bales loan if these rumours are true .

#69 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:54

View PostSpurs scout, on 08 January 2021 - 12:31, said:

Reports are saying our club in talks to sign Ivan Perisic. Does that mean that our club is going to end Gareth Bales loan if these rumours are true .

Surely it's logical we can't loan or buy Perisic in until Bale goes back and right now we have too many non-homegrown players for Europa. One thing is that players are not cup tied in UEFA competitions and can play for another club in a season now. We are allowed a maximum of 17 non home grown and we have 18 as Davies and Rodon are in that group for UEFA but not prem. Which two do you move on/ not register to allow a player like Perisic or even Skrinair to join?

Hugo Lloris
Paulo Gazzaniga
Davinson Sanchez
Toby Alderwiereld
Eric Dier
Ben Davies
Serge Aurier
Joe Rodon
Sergio Reguilón
Tanguy Ndomebele
Giovani Lo Celso
Steven Bergwijn
Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg
Moussa Sissoko
Erik Lamela
Heung-Min Son
Lucas Moura
Carlos Vinícius

#70 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 08 January 2021 - 14:32

If I was Poch and it was a straight choice between Alli or Eriksen to take to PSG on loan, it would be Eriksen all day every day.

#71 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 08 January 2021 - 14:35

View Postfentonroad, on 08 January 2021 - 12:54, said:

Surely it's logical we can't loan or buy Perisic in until Bale goes back and right now we have too many non-homegrown players for Europa. One thing is that players are not cup tied in UEFA competitions and can play for another club in a season now. We are allowed a maximum of 17 non home grown and we have 18 as Davies and Rodon are in that group for UEFA but not prem. Which two do you move on/ not register to allow a player like Perisic or even Skrinair to join?

Hugo Lloris
Paulo Gazzaniga
Davinson Sanchez
Toby Alderwiereld
Eric Dier
Ben Davies
Serge Aurier
Joe Rodon
Sergio Reguilón
Tanguy Ndomebele
Giovani Lo Celso
Steven Bergwijn
Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg
Moussa Sissoko
Erik Lamela
Heung-Min Son
Lucas Moura
Carlos Vinícius

There are 4 CB's on that list, five if you count Davies, logic tells me it needs to be one of them. And lets be honest, if the club sold Lamela tomorrow we'd only realise he'd gone when Lanzini threw another party.

He's made more appearances in Lanzini's front room than he has in a Spurs shirt.

#72 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 January 2021 - 17:48

Eriksen coming back could actually happen ..... mad

Not sure how I’d feel about it ??

#73 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 January 2021 - 18:24

View PostSpurs scout, on 08 January 2021 - 12:31, said:

I love Bale but get the feeling he’s taking the p*** at the moment,just thinking about golf and Wales.

#74 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 January 2021 - 18:26

View PostSpursDan, on 16 January 2021 - 17:48, said:

Eriksen coming back could actually happen ..... mad

Not sure how I’d feel about it ??

Plus...he’d be our creative player allowing Kane to play further forward but although he runs a lot does he get stuck in enough to please JM?

#75 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 January 2021 - 18:35

Problem is he has been on gardening leave for nearly two years .

Does he still have the appetite?
If yes then I’d have him in a heartbeat

#76 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 January 2021 - 23:17

If Inter cover half his wages and we can shift a non homegrown I'm for it. More through lack of other options than a real desire for him to return.

If Mourinho won't play Dele as a creator then we need to bring someone in. Can't rely on Kane for all our assists.

#77 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 January 2021 - 23:50

View Posttomtom, on 16 January 2021 - 23:17, said:

If Inter cover half his wages and we can shift a non homegrown I'm for it. More through lack of other options than a real desire for him to return.

If Mourinho won't play Dele as a creator then we need to bring someone in. Can't rely on Kane for all our assists.

I agree, I would like to see Dele partner PEH and Tanguy but if that isn't happening then I would prefer Eriksen to Sissoko or Winks> I t has to be said in over 500 minutes this season Christian hasn't set up a goal or scored one.

#78 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:16

View Posttomtom, on 16 January 2021 - 23:17, said:

Totally agree with and Fenton, but I dont know what it is wether its lack of game time (but in all honesty I dont think its that), or has lost the desire, but apart from the comments about Jose not playing him, I see in ali when he is on the ball park a lack of desire, almost as though he,s going through the motions, now why that is happening i dont know,it because he doesnt want to play fo spurs anymore, or because Jose wouldnt use him as a regular? I do not know, but what I do know is the beginings of is down fall were of his own making (think it happens to all players) he really lost form and as even asothers on here have said his form really went off the boil, and from that point he has nver been the same, but when he has played that sort of expectation of creativity has gone so for me personally he might as well not be here, and if there is a chance of Eriksen I would jump at it, as mentioned "Gardening leave" I would like to think seeing as he has not played and we went for him he would see it as a chance of regular football for him again, lets face it he was brilliant for us at times and pretty consistant so a big yes from me. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#79 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:37

View Postjourneyman, on 17 January 2021 - 07:16, said:

Totally agree with and Fenton, but I dont know what it is wether its lack of game time (but in all honesty I dont think its that), or has lost the desire, but apart from the comments about Jose not playing him, I see in ali when he is on the ball park a lack of desire, almost as though he,s going through the motions, now why that is happening i dont know,it because he doesnt want to play fo spurs anymore, or because Jose wouldnt use him as a regular? I do not know, but what I do know is the beginings of is down fall were of his own making (think it happens to all players) he really lost form and as even asothers on here have said his form really went off the boil, and from that point he has nver been the same, but when he has played that sort of expectation of creativity has gone so for me personally he might as well not be here, and if there is a chance of Eriksen I would jump at it, as mentioned "Gardening leave" I would like to think seeing as he has not played and we went for him he would see it as a chance of regular football for him again, lets face it he was brilliant for us at times and pretty consistant so a big yes from me. :niceone:

I dont know about eriksen but i,m not keen J.M.

We really do need a top class centre back and its a shame we couldnt get skriniar.

Mourinho obviously doesnt trust rodon yet and the lad was probably another plan b player that pochettino hinted levy always went for.

Anyway inter are very hard to deal with and from what i gather they want a hefty loan fee which has resulted in some clubs already dropping out from wanting eriksen.

#80 User is offline   GlennintheUK 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:51

Eriksen back? No. no, no, no, no/ And just in case I wasn't clear, NO!!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users