Planet Spurs Forums: Ivan Toney - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ivan Toney

#1 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,683
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 January 2020 - 17:47

Don’t care what league he’s in. 40 goals in 64 appearances

£10-12m. What is Hitchen doing. That lad would bite the arm off to come to us.


'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#2 User is offline   SpursDan 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,468
  • Joined: 31-October 15

Posted 22 January 2020 - 23:14

Iíve seen this lads name crop of loads of times now ... looks a natural lethal finisher - would be minimal risk at that sort of price
0

#3 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,683
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:32

View PostSpursDan, on 22 January 2020 - 23:14, said:

I’ve seen this lads name crop of loads of times now ... looks a natural lethal finisher - would be minimal risk at that sort of price


He will get snapped up by villa or Leeds but I bet he’d be useful around our likes of Ali son, Moura

Look at Vardy re lower leagues
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#4 User is offline   SpursDan 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,468
  • Joined: 31-October 15

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:10

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 23 January 2020 - 03:32, said:

He will get snapped up by villa or Leeds but I bet heíd be useful around our likes of Ali son, Moura

Look at Vardy re lower leagues

Exactly mate
Iíve said this before on here many times ...we donít dip into the lower leagues enough! Dele was playing in league one when we signed him and he slotted straight in our starting 11 and hasnít left it since

Iíd love this Toney guy
0

#5 User is offline   SpursDan 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,468
  • Joined: 31-October 15

Posted 16 May 2020 - 19:55

This is who we should buy in the transfer window - will come cheap but has so much potential
0

#6 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 16 May 2020 - 20:34

So does that mean Parrott isn't good enough?
0

#7 User is offline   bohsmart79 

  • Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 64
  • Joined: 07-May 17

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:54

hes banging in goals cos of the level hes at and playing week in week out helps.whats he gonna get with us 5 mins here 10 mins there always on the bench .a striker needs a consistant run to get form and produce goals.be big ask of the lad imo
0

#8 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,740
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:42

Ideally we need someone like Dybala,who can play in the three behind the striker or as a striker. Any out and out striker coming in will struggle for game time when Kane is fit and firing on all,cylinders unless we play with two up,front.It would be worth spending big on such a player as we would not have to buy an attacking midfielder then.
0

#9 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:51

View Postgriff, on 17 May 2020 - 09:42, said:

Ideally we need someone like Dybala,who can play in the three behind the striker or as a striker. Any out and out striker coming in will struggle for game time when Kane is fit and firing on all,cylinders unless we play with two up,front.It would be worth spending big on such a player as we would not have to buy an attacking midfielder then.

Yep, that's what most of us have been saying. You can't get someone like Werner as he's a one position player. We have plenty of midfielders who can do a job up top, Son, Mours and Bergwijn. A striker who can drop back would be my choice. Dybala would have been perfect. Martial or Richarlison would fit he bill. Saying that I wouldn't be against Bale, Mertens or Depay, the former two would be short term though
0

#10 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,740
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 17 May 2020 - 13:26

View Postfentonroad, on 17 May 2020 - 10:51, said:

Yep, that's what most of us have been saying. You can't get someone like Werner as he's a one position player. We have plenty of midfielders who can do a job up top, Son, Mours and Bergwijn. A striker who can drop back would be my choice. Dybala would have been perfect. Martial or Richarlison would fit he bill. Saying that I wouldn't be against Bale, Mertens or Depay, the former two would be short term though


Depay should be affordable and there have been paper links
0

#11 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,740
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 17 May 2020 - 14:22

The two I feel that are the most likely to arrive are Hojberg and Fraser in that order.As regards other positions Havenít got a clue, we have been linked with so many at right and left back,striker,keeper and centre back.Got a gut feeling for these two though and although not my first picks they would still be great choices.
0

#12 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 17 May 2020 - 14:28

View Postgriff, on 17 May 2020 - 14:22, said:

The two I feel that are the most likely to arrive are Hojberg and Fraser in that order.As regards other positions Havenít got a clue, we have been linked with so many at right and left back,striker,keeper and centre back.Got a gut feeling for these two though and although not my first picks they would still be great choices.


Sad thing is that with those two we already have lots in their positions, I hope we don't go for them for that reason alone.

Depay only has a year left on his contract and has played about fifty/ fifty a striker and a winger over the last three years. He has been know to play behind the striker too in Dele's role. Very versatile but has he been put off the Prem for past experience?
0

#13 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,740
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 17 May 2020 - 17:26

View Postfentonroad, on 17 May 2020 - 14:28, said:

Sad thing is that with those two we already have lots in their positions, I hope we don't go for them for that reason alone.

Depay only has a year left on his contract and has played about fifty/ fifty a striker and a winger over the last three years. He has been know to play behind the striker too in Dele's role. Very versatile but has he been put off the Prem for past experience?



Personally I would sell Lamela and bring innFraser.
We havenít got anyone nearly half as good as Hojberg, a defensively minded central midfielder with the ability to get forward and with some leadership qualities. Sissoko,Dier and Winks are nowhere near as good.I would certainly sell Dier.
As I say,not my first choices but certainly a great improvement to what we already have.
0

#14 User is offline   bohsmart79 

  • Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 64
  • Joined: 07-May 17

Posted 17 May 2020 - 18:28

View Postgriff, on 17 May 2020 - 17:26, said:

Personally I would sell Lamela and bring innFraser.
We havenít got anyone nearly half as good as Hojberg, a defensively minded central midfielder with the ability to get forward and with some leadership qualities. Sissoko,Dier and Winks are nowhere near as good.I would certainly sell Dier.
As I say,not my first choices but certainly a great improvement to what we already have.

spot on mate sentiment regarding lamella dier has to go out the window here.
0

#15 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 17 May 2020 - 18:37

View Postbohsmart79, on 17 May 2020 - 18:28, said:

spot on mate sentiment regarding lamella dier has to go out the window here.

It's getting money for Lamela which will be the problem, can't see many clubs splashing the cash for him as he's injury prone. Plus is anyone going to match his current £80k a week that he has for the next two years?

As much as Fraser is a bargain, even if Lamela goes we have plenty of options out wide. I see people's point about the Saint's player and Dier, but my first 2 in the middle would be Lo Celso and Ndombele. Let Jan go and use Dier as an option at centreback and make Tanganga first choice right back. Skipp can be back up in the middle.
0

#16 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,740
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 17 May 2020 - 22:59

View Postfentonroad, on 17 May 2020 - 18:37, said:

It's getting money for Lamela which will be the problem, can't see many clubs splashing the cash for him as he's injury prone. Plus is anyone going to match his current £80k a week that he has for the next two years?

As much as Fraser is a bargain, even if Lamela goes we have plenty of options out wide. I see people's point about the Saint's player and Dier, but my first 2 in the middle would be Lo Celso and Ndombele. Let Jan go and use Dier as an option at centreback and make Tanganga first choice right back. Skipp can be back up in the middle.



Rumours that we are again interested in Romaís Zaniolo ,if heís recovered from injury. Swap cash and Lamela going back to his old club possible?
0

#17 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,740
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 17 May 2020 - 23:01

Rumour that we are looking at Guillermo Maripan from Monaco,that really would be the icing on the cake😂
0

#18 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2,751
  • Joined: 31-July 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Groningen, the Netherlands

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:23

View Postfentonroad, on 17 May 2020 - 10:51, said:

Yep, that's what most of us have been saying. You can't get someone like Werner as he's a one position player. We have plenty of midfielders who can do a job up top, Son, Mours and Bergwijn. A striker who can drop back would be my choice. Dybala would have been perfect. Martial or Richarlison would fit he bill. Saying that I wouldn't be against Bale, Mertens or Depay, the former two would be short term though


Or a great young striker to keep Kane on his toes , like man C with Jesus / AgŁero who share a lot of time.
0

#19 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,740
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:43

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 18 May 2020 - 08:23, said:

Or a great young striker to keep Kane on his toes , like man C with Jesus / AgŁero who share a lot of time.



Trouble as I see it though is that Kane would not accept sharing the striking role. He virtually insists on playing every game as he wants to be leading scorer. Under Poch he played all the time,even times when he shouldnít have played eg Champions League Final. Same with England,he is over used.Could be a factor in his recent injury record.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users