• You cannot reply to this topic

Summer 2020 Wndow

#1 User is offline   SteveB 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 08 February 2020 - 22:27

So lets get this one gong early

So far as I can see we are still in need of a right back, defensve midfield and a striker. We also should e looking at a decent keeper, cos lets face oit Gazanaga was found severelty wanting

For a striker I would love us to look at Calvert-Lewn. I dont know what sort of contract he is on at the Toffees but if by some mirale we were to be offer him CL football, well who knows

Over to you

#2 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 February 2020 - 22:50

Agreed completely on the positions, although maybe LB more pressing than RB as I'd prefer Tanganga at CB or RB, Sess I'm not convinced by yet and Davies might be our latest sicknote we need to ship out.

Think we're hoping to tie up a deal early for the striker. Idk what we're doing about other positions though.

#3 User is offline   bohsmart79 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:02

right back matt Doherty. centre midfield reuben neves and raul jimenez up front.thatsin an ideal world and wolves aint gonna sell their best players to a rival.a back up forward might be of interestbe Edouard of celtic.could do a job and would get him cheaply I reckon throw parrot to celtic on loan in any deal.

#4 User is offline   electricpace 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:22

Itís be the usual huff like every other window . Linked with Bale, Dybala blah blah and end up with 2nd tier players that we have enough of in MF position and will fail to strengthen in key areas.

#5 User is offline   electricpace 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:23

Most likely see Kane off to Utd too.

#6 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:27

Jose will fall short and blame our lack of purchasing power.

#7 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:42

Mourinho likes 4 in.

I don't know if that refers to every window or at least one window per season.

#8 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:45

View Posttomtom, on 08 February 2020 - 22:50, said:

Agreed completely on the positions, although maybe LB more pressing than RB as I'd prefer Tanganga at CB or RB, Sess I'm not convinced by yet and Davies might be our latest sicknote we need to ship out.

Think we're hoping to tie up a deal early for the striker. Idk what we're doing about other positions though.

Very harsh on Davies to call him a sicknote. As far as I know he's not been making any sort of problems since he came and always had a very professional attitude. Also, Mourinho spoke of him very highly aftter WHU game and befoore his injury. Definitely a very useful squad player, and under the right guidance, maybe even a regular starter. Other than the current injury, I don't think he's had too many health problems as well. Very useful player to have in my opinion. Also UK homegrown. Would be unwise to get rid of him.

#9 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:51

View PostSteveB, on 08 February 2020 - 22:27, said:

So lets get this one gong early

So far as I can see we are still in need of a right back, defensve midfield and a striker. We also should e looking at a decent keeper, cos lets face oit Gazanaga was found severelty wanting

For a striker I would love us to look at Calvert-Lewn. I dont know what sort of contract he is on at the Toffees but if by some mirale we were to be offer him CL football, well who knows

Over to you

Calvert-Lewin would be an absolutely brilliant signing, not sure if it's possible at all though. He's now one of the first names on the team sheet at Everton.

I wouls say we should go for a keeper, striker, One fullback (right or left as Tanganga can play either side and he should be getting his chances so we can't over-crowd the fullback area) and a DM. Ideally, Hojbjerg, Calvert, Aarons, goallie I don't know. Onana seems possibility and I wouldn't be against it.

#10 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 09 February 2020 - 15:18

Since we seem to be back to looking to getting the best young talent around rather than established names. I would like us to look at British talent again because there's a big issues in the pipeline with the FA deciding the quota of English or Home grown players in match day squads and it's looking more and more likely that they're going to increase the quota and I don't want us caught on the hop.

We're already at a disadvantage with the likes of Dier and Davies which I find absolutely ridiculous

#11 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 February 2020 - 16:38

Still lots to do...rebuilding has started which is good

OUT:
Verts
Dier
Wanyama
Rose
KWP

IN:
Kalvin Phillips/Hojberg CDM
Ivan Toney ST
New CB
Max Aarons RB

#12 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 February 2020 - 21:55

View PostSilver, on 09 February 2020 - 11:45, said:

Very harsh on Davies to call him a sicknote. As far as I know he's not been making any sort of problems since he came and always had a very professional attitude. Also, Mourinho spoke of him very highly aftter WHU game and befoore his injury. Definitely a very useful squad player, and under the right guidance, maybe even a regular starter. Other than the current injury, I don't think he's had too many health problems as well. Very useful player to have in my opinion. Also UK homegrown. Would be unwise to get rid of him.

I said might be. His injuries are racking up. He's been first choice LB for last two managers and managed 6 league appearances this season. I hope he makes a full recovery but I hoped the same for Wanyama, Dier, Lamela, Dembele and Rose. I'm just saying there's a possibility this injury might not be his last and we can't rely on him being fit for 50 games a season.

#13 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 February 2020 - 14:38

Itís reported that we have offered Wanyama and Foyth in exchange for Frank Kessie

#14 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2020 - 15:24

Why Kessie when he have Ndombele? Both central midfielders who are 23 that can drop to defensive midfield. Waste of time and money.

People seem to want a Dier type player who is fitter and better. The type of player Eric was three years ago. I think the game and us have moved on to a more all round type of player in the middle, like a Tanguy.

Look at Liverpool, the best teaem about and their most defensive midfielder is Henderson. He's typically partnered with the Ox and Wijnaldum. So one sitting and two forward in a midfield three. We do the opposite with two sitting and one ahead in Winks Lo Celso and Dele. Ndombele can fit in either position.

Our problem is whether it's Dier on anyone else we don't have the solid defence behind the midfield that Liverpool have. Maybe a Davies (or Sess in time), Tanganga, Toby and Sanchez can be our version?

#15 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 13 February 2020 - 21:40

My Spurs Team 2020/21

Lloris

Aarons Tanganga Ake Chillwel

Madison Hoijberg

LoCelso Grealish Bergwijn

Kane
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#16 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 February 2020 - 22:53

Ndombele kicked out already and Lo Celso back on the RW where you keep trying to play him. Only the 7 new players in the lineup too 😂

So are Toby, Dele, Ndombele, Aurier, Davies all sold in such a team?

#17 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 February 2020 - 18:17

View PostRoshan, on 13 February 2020 - 21:40, said:

My Spurs Team 2020/21

Lloris

Aarons Tanganga Ake Chillwel

Madison Hoijberg

LoCelso Grealish Bergwijn

Kane

Youíve spent about £300m ffs lmao so unrealistic

#18 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2020 - 18:29

View PostSpursDan, on 15 February 2020 - 18:17, said:

Youíve spent about £300m ffs lmao so unrealistic

And it still doesn't look like a PL winning team.

#19 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 15 February 2020 - 18:41

So please tell my dear friends which line up can win the Premiership for SPURS ???
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#20 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 February 2020 - 20:20

Lloris
Aarons...Sanchez....Umtiti....Chilwell
Soumarť
Lo Celso.....Ndombele

Bergwijn.....Kane......Son

Share this topic: