• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Summer 2020 Wndow

#161 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 28 March 2020 - 22:04

Thomas Meunier is a free end of the season.

28, Right back. I feel if we brought him in it shouldn’t stop us from looking at another option and selling Aurier.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#162 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:54

View Posttomtom, on 27 March 2020 - 01:43, said:

Ndombele linked with Barca. Sure many would be happy for him to go but I really feel he might be world class with an arm around him and some proper fitness training.

If there is an option to do a swap for Coutinho then we have to do it IMO

#163 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:01

View PostSpursDan, on 29 March 2020 - 07:54, said:

If there is an option to do a swap for Coutinho then we have to do it IMO

They are desperate to get coutinho off their books ! he isnt the player he was at liverpool.
I would give n'dombele at least another season before giving up on him,

#164 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 March 2020 - 09:49

I guess I would have to support Jose if he decides he can't work with Tanguy and can get Coutinho playing for us. But it's a call he'd need to get right. Interesting to see how it goes.

#165 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2020 - 13:26

Hasn’t Coutinho come out and say we messed him about in the summer and we are the last place he’d consider moving to now?
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#166 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2020 - 16:32

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 29 March 2020 - 13:26, said:

Hasn’t Coutinho come out and say we messed him about in the summer and we are the last place he’d consider moving to now?

His agent ,apparently,has denied this and said that it was Poch who did not want him.

#167 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:17

Levy statement is revealing. I expect there won't be anywhere near the level of transfer activity people are expecting as football is in serious financial trouble.

I also suspect FFP may get thrown out the window. Wonder which rich owners are least affected? I'd imagine the oil billionaires are f***ed, state sponsored clubs won't be able to get the financial support they're used to either.

Players will be leaving on free transfers as clubs can't afford their salaries and wages will be reduced.

Where that will leave us I don't know but suspect Ndombele and Lo Celso will be our last big money signings for some time.

#168 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2020 - 00:53

View Posttomtom, on 26 March 2020 - 14:41, said:

yeah... pessimistic predictions of social distancing for 12-18 months from a couple people I know getting briefings from the government. That's not to say it'll remain as strict as it is now but it might be a long long time before football fans are allowed into stadiums.

World is being turned on its heads and industries will collapse even if lockdowns end in 2-3 months. A lot of my industry is in real trouble, but thankfully I'm still managing to get by to a degree and the mrs work is largely unaffected.

Lonny you work in FX trading right? How is it affecting your work?

I hope everyone else is doing OK.

Sorry, I actually missed your post. I haven't been on here too much because like others I have got family and friends who are in the firing line.
I take my hat off to them but you tend to worry about them all the time.

FX trading hasn't been affected that much because there is quite a lot of volatility in the currency markets. With FX you can trade up AND down. Actually it's better than buying shares and holding because with that you only make any money if they go up.

Personally, on the Corona front (or Chinese virus as I like to call it), I think the rest of this year is a wash-out. I really can't see people getting to November and then piling on the streets to buy Xmas presents because they could kick-start the whole process again. Even if we "flatten the curve" it's going to take quite a time before we get back to "some sort of normalised state." I think a lot of people are going to be caught in a poverty trap, too.

As for 50,000 or 60,000 being together in a stadium again, that doesn't look very promising short-term, does it? I'm actually wondering if they are going to scrap this season - unfair though that is to Liverpool - because as it drags on players are going to be out of contracts. I certainly can't see them restarting in June. The whole situation is quite SURREAL because virtually everything has ground to a halt. You are right about some of the industries collapsing and I just can't see how many of the small businesses will cope either.

When the medical/scientific people talked about possibly 20,000 deaths in the U.K. I thought that was well over the top. Very sadly, we're already approaching half that figure and there is already some speculation that some deaths in care homes have not been added on.

#169 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 April 2020 - 22:50

Sell KWP and Aurier and get Meunier in a free and buy Aarons.

Sell Davies and Rose and buy Grimaldo with Cirkin promoted.

Sell Lamela ,get Coutinho on loan with a buy clause for next year.Buy Eze from QPR.

That would cost very little outlay.

Keeper, defensive midfield, centreback and striker then.

Would anyone sell Kane for £200 million?

#170 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:54

Griff. At the moment they reckon over 1 bn has already been wiped off the value of PL clubs, some view that as an underestimate. Some people in football are expecting entire leagues to go under.

It's possible there will be no attended football matches for 12-18 months. TV money is at threat too. Sponsors won't have the spare cash to throw around.

I don't see majority of even the traditionally wealthy clubs being able to make major outlays. This may mean that clubs will be getting players off their books free/cheap to bring wage bills down so there may be a lot of activity at the bottom end of the market but I really don't think this transfer window is going to look anything like what people were/are predicting.

I'd probably sell Kane for 200M as some are estimating player values will be down 66% this summer and I don't see us getting anywhere near his value. Before corona I'd have been resistant to selling him as he's a once in a generation talent and we might buy a load of duds with the funds. If anyone actually has the cash to pay big bucks for him I'd take the money. Same with Ndombele to Barca. We could potentially clean up top talent from badly hit clubs at a discount if we actually had any funds. I think both are unlikely though.

#171 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:14

View Posttomtom, on 12 April 2020 - 07:54, said:

Griff. At the moment they reckon over 1 bn has already been wiped off the value of PL clubs, some view that as an underestimate. Some people in football are expecting entire leagues to go under.

It's possible there will be no attended football matches for 12-18 months. TV money is at threat too. Sponsors won't have the spare cash to throw around.

I don't see majority of even the traditionally wealthy clubs being able to make major outlays. This may mean that clubs will be getting players off their books free/cheap to bring wage bills down so there may be a lot of activity at the bottom end of the market but I really don't think this transfer window is going to look anything like what people were/are predicting.

I'd probably sell Kane for 200M as some are estimating player values will be down 66% this summer and I don't see us getting anywhere near his value. Before corona I'd have been resistant to selling him as he's a once in a generation talent and we might buy a load of duds with the funds. If anyone actually has the cash to pay big bucks for him I'd take the money. Same with Ndombele to Barca. We could potentially clean up top talent from badly hit clubs at a discount if we actually had any funds. I think both are unlikely though.

I would not bet on that,honestly.If there’s one thing he is,Levy,it’s a financial genius. He will attempt to screw clubs this window.
His thoughts will be that his chances of getting a big naming rights deal will have been hindered because of corona but there are companies out there that are massively wealthy and he will still be trying to get one of them on board and one way to do that is to get some new,top talent in.That would capture the public’s attention.It will be interesting to see.

#172 User is offline   bohsmart79 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:15

selling kane should be a last resort financial wise but with the impact of covid19 impacting on every club worldwide would any club have 200 mill to throw around????I feel there will be a major reduction in transfer fees and more importantly players wages thus brining clubs closer together and reduce the financial gaps between most clubs.managers and coaches may have to earn their corn instead of just buying success.which is a good thing

#173 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:19

That was a more succinct way of putting my point Bob. In short no one will have 200M to spend on Kane. If they did we should probably take it.

#174 User is offline   bohsmart79 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:01

View Posttomtom, on 12 April 2020 - 09:19, said:

That was a more succinct way of putting my point Bob. In short no one will have 200M to spend on Kane. If they did we should probably take it.

exactly its a crossroads for many clubs financial wise.as I said no more big transfer fees or wages would be a positive

#175 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 April 2020 - 12:25

At the end of the day nobody has a clue what is going to happen.

If corona leaves in the next couple of months and football returns....scrap pre season tours, scrap pre season friendlies and play remaining 2019/2020 games instead.

#176 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:10

Let's take bets on the biggest transfer in next window. I'm going to go with 35M. And it won't be by us

#177 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 April 2020 - 23:42

View Posttomtom, on 15 April 2020 - 10:10, said:

Let's take bets on the biggest transfer in next window. I'm going to go with 35M. And it won't be by us

Grealish to United £40m biggest transfer

#178 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:49

If,as rumoured,Amazon gets the stadium naming rights does that mean when Levy actually makes an offer for a player we’ll get him the next day.

Probably be taxied to the ground and leftnoutside the main entrance.

#179 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 April 2020 - 17:13

Straightforward window for me.

DEFENCE OUT.......sell Lloris.....Aurier.....Walker-Peters......Rose...Davies
DEFENCE IN.......Donnaruma.....Meumier...Aarons.....Umtiti.....Grimaldo....Cirkin

CENTRAL MIDFIELD OUT......Dier
CENTRAL MIDFIELD IN......Kondogbia

ATTACK MIDFIELD OUT......Dele.....Lamela
ATTACK MIDFIELD IN......Coutinho....Eze

STRIKER IN......Osimhen....Parrott

Let the criticism begin....😂😂😂

#180 User is offline   bohsmart79 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2020 - 18:49

View Postgriff, on 16 April 2020 - 17:13, said:

Straightforward window for me.

DEFENCE OUT.......sell Lloris.....Aurier.....Walker-Peters......Rose...Davies
DEFENCE IN.......Donnaruma.....Meumier...Aarons.....Umtiti.....Grimaldo....Cirkin

CENTRAL MIDFIELD OUT......Dier
CENTRAL MIDFIELD IN......Kondogbia

ATTACK MIDFIELD OUT......Dele.....Lamela
ATTACK MIDFIELD IN......Coutinho....Eze

STRIKER IN......Osimhen....Parrott

Let the criticism begin....😂😂😂
agree with the majority great shouts.in defence godin or lewis dunk.midfield be grealish up front raul jimenez.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users