• You cannot reply to this topic

Summer 2020 Wndow

#21 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:58

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 15 February 2020 - 18:29, said:

And it still doesn't look like a PL winning team.

:lmao:

#22 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:16

View PostRoshan, on 15 February 2020 - 18:41, said:

So please tell my dear friends which line up can win the Premiership for SPURS ???

If you want to win the PL you need at least 2 - 3 players ascending the level of the PL imho
We should look into signing coutinho for example. A player who showed he's above that level. Even hazard.

That we sign players like Aarons is good, but they don't overstep mane firmino Salah combination

I'd look into getting something like this

GK
Llorris (replace him with the keeper of Milan overtime) / gazza/ young English talent

RB Tanganga Aarons aurier
CB Toby Sanchez
LB sess hakimi Davies

DM neves Fernandez winks
AM coutinho lo celso alli
Wing son, Neto (wolves)/Sancho (Dortmund) bergwijn
ST Kane ( fit plzx ) . Second striker , which I find really difficult

In neves , Neto/Sancho hakimi/aarons, coutinho
Out rose moura dier(sad to say, but Eric would still fetch us some money) lamela(too much injuries)

Could understand if you get Aarons or hakimi and not.both, because tanga obviously can play on both sides.
Then you have players above the level:
Coutinho kane son

CB will still look a little bit weak, however look at city. They just play a DM there if necessary, because they're only playing on the other half anyway.
A good PL striker is so hard to find, the Dortmund lad looks like the right fit atm, but let him develop for a few years first..

#23 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:26

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 16 February 2020 - 11:16, said:

If you want to win the PL you need at least 2 - 3 players ascending the level of the PL imho
We should look into signing coutinho for example. A player who showed he's above that level. Even hazard.

That we sign players like Aarons is good, but they don't overstep mane firmino Salah combination

GK
Llorris (replace him with the keeper of Milan overtime) / gazza/ young English talent

CB Toby Sanchez
LB sess hakimi Davies

DM neves Fernandez winks

Out rose moura dier(sad to say, but Eric would still fetch us some money) lamela(too much injuries)

Could understand if you get Aarons or hakimi and not.both, because tanga obviously can play on both sides.
Coutinho kane son

CB will still look a little bit weak, however look at city. They just play a DM there if necessary, because they're only playing on the other half anyway.
A good PL striker is so hard to find, the Dortmund lad looks like the right fit atm, but let him develop for a few years first..

So your above PL standard players are all attacking types and you're quoting City's style of play. Yet they lose Kompany and Sane this season and can't lay a glove on Liverpool. While it's Liverpool's ability to keep a clean sheet that makes them a stand out team.

You build off a strong defence, get Maureen to sort the defence out, then sack him and give a more attack minded coach his job and defence. Job done.

By the way, It was Maureen who alluded to this in yesterday's interview. :wink:

#24 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:31

View PostYidio Yidio, on 16 February 2020 - 11:26, said:

So your above PL standard players are all attacking types and you're quoting City's style of play. Yet they lose Kompany and Sane this season and can't lay a glove on Liverpool. While it's Liverpool's ability to keep a clean sheet that makes them a stand out team.

You build off a strong defence, get Maureen to sort the defence out, then sack him and give a more attack minded coach his job and defence. Job done.

By the way, It was Maureen who alluded to this in yesterday's interview. :wink:

Good points.
However, city was untouchable for a few years and still think they're a bit unlucky with prices, though they won a few..!

#25 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:40

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 16 February 2020 - 11:31, said:

Good points.
However, city was untouchable for a few years and still think they're a bit unlucky with prices, though they won a few..!

Yep, but my point about losing Kompany remains, and Pool ran them close last year, while City have folded this year. Is the difference their defences ? Or have City become bored.

#26 User is offline   electricpace 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:48

Pep has been found out , Klopp is a real manager . Thatís the difference .

#27 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:28

View Postelectricpace, on 16 February 2020 - 11:48, said:

Man Cityís ban will be reduced,or overturned.

#28 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:36

View Postelectricpace, on 16 February 2020 - 11:48, said:

That's a fairly ridiculous statement lol.

Klopp has done a great job in last 2 seasons. He's also had incredible luck with injuries and player development. Some of that is good planning but if they fall off next season and someone else wins the league will Klopp have been found out? There's room for more than one "real" manager in the league.

#29 User is offline   electricpace 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:56

Haha Klopp has perfected the fine balancing act of development v experience no luck in sight mate. He did it at Dortmund too. Klopp has got the whole of LFC buzzing from the youth setup to the first team . Everyone is in awe of him.

Thatís what real managers do.

#30 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 February 2020 - 13:22

View Postelectricpace, on 16 February 2020 - 12:56, said:

Haha Klopp has perfected the fine balancing act of development v experience no luck in sight mate. He did it at Dortmund too. Klopp has got the whole of LFC buzzing from the youth setup to the first team . Everyone is in awe of him.

Thatís what real managers do.

It's fair to say he's had a big amount of luck along the way. But, he's the main man at present, can't deny that. Someone will find him out though, his success is based around his system of play. It's quite often a stealth approach to popping mid range passes onto the opponents 18 yrd line with well timed runners chasing onto those balls or into that space.

For example, Trent isn't a great individual player, but he's mint for them in that system.

It's funny how when we chased Leicester home the talk was all about Chavs and City not turning up. Klopp is having an exceptional season, but everyone else, bar Leicester, are having a mare.

#31 User is offline   electricpace 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2020 - 13:31

Klopp has turned young players into experienced top players . And has turned experienced top players into world class players. There is no other manager doing that that .

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 February 2020 - 13:43

View Postelectricpace, on 16 February 2020 - 13:31, said:

Klopp has turned young players into experienced top players . And has turned experienced top players into world class players. There is no other manager doing that that .

That's correct, but, solskjaer, Lampard, Arteta ? How many have turned to longer term plans ? Unheard of before that so many rich clubs would turn to inexperienced managers.

Mourinho won't compete, his approach is out dated and stale enough to lose an impatient fanbase. Pep, apart from this season, is capable.

Klopp and Pool are on the crest of a wave, but others have ridden it and fell off before. They nearly sacked him at one point.

#33 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 16 February 2020 - 17:35

GK

CB Toby Sanchez
LB sess hakimi Davies

DM neves Fernandez winks

Coutinho kane son

Sanchez and Toby as CB 😂😂😂
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#34 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 February 2020 - 19:14

View PostRoshan, on 16 February 2020 - 17:35, said:

Sanchez and Toby as CB 😂😂😂

I think they're way better without a right back who doesn't lose his man all the time..

#35 User is online   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 February 2020 - 19:31

Henderson
Tanganga Toby Sanchez
Aarons Lo Cel Ndombele Chilwell
Grealish Son
Kane

Gazza Winks Dele Ings Davies Moura, Skipp, Parrott, Sessenyon

I think that squad if fully fit/minimal injuries would definitely challenge for the title. New additions would cost atleast £180m
Selling Hugo, Dier, Lamela, Aurier, Verts would bring in a fair bit of funds though Iíd imagine?

Itís all a guessing game really but I agree with Armchair that Toby/Sanchez would be much better with top class fullbacks.

#36 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:47

View PostSpursDan, on 16 February 2020 - 19:31, said:

Henderson
Tanganga Toby Sanchez
Aarons Lo Cel Ndombele Chilwell
Grealish Son
Kane

Gazza Winks Dele Ings Davies Moura, Skipp, Parrott, Sessenyon

I think that squad if fully fit/minimal injuries would definitely challenge for the title. New additions would cost atleast £180m
Selling Hugo, Dier, Lamela, Aurier, Verts would bring in a fair bit of funds though I’d imagine?

It’s all a guessing game really but I agree with Armchair that Toby/Sanchez would be much better with top class fullbacks.

Pretty unrealistic re Henderson Grealish and Chillwell. We may be priced out of ings

No Stevie Burger included?
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#37 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:50

View Postelectricpace, on 16 February 2020 - 13:31, said:

This completely ignores a 5 year churn of over half a billion pounds.

Youíd expect a team to have the squad they really wanted having recycled £700m

#38 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:16

In:

Mings / Ajer / Ake (one / two of)
Aarons & possibly Lewis - Norwich (if loaning Sessegnon)
Kalvin Phillips / Tousart / Kessie / Hojberg (one of)
McNeil / Redmond / Buendia / Fraser (two of)
Ings / Edouard / Cavani / Giroud / Maxi Gomez / Toney / Wood (one of)

Lloris

Tanganga Toby Sanchez Davies

Phillips

Ndombele —————— Lo Celso

Stevie ————— Kane ————— Son

Gaza Ajer Aarons Sessegnon Winks Sissoko Gedson Ali Fraser Redmond Ings

Spent: £120-150m + wages

Leeds not promoted, Norwich relegated, Fraser free + Celtic Saints raids

Out:

Vorm
Rose
Jan
Carter Vickers
Foyth
KWP
Aurier
Wanyama
Dier
Lamela
Clarke loan
Parrot Loan
Moura

Sales: £120m+ approx + wage bill clear out

Possibly KWP, Carter Vickers, Wanyama > Saints Leeds & Celtic

This post has been edited by Roger Redknapp: 17 February 2020 - 04:42

#39 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:33

Rog no offence intended mate but why do you want to sign players from the relegation zone? 1/2 maybe ok to fit in but there is a reason they are down there shipping in goals, you have named a back 4 of bottom side players lol... Aaron possibly only one id take and jury is still out on him. Lewis has lost his place to Byram, and Mings and Ake are so overrated, if we want a new cb we should be looking at players like Dias from Benfica, this sort of calibre just before they become world class. Kalvin Phillips I agree on but again he is 24, surely we have better development options in house? Dwight McNeil is going to be an extremely good player so wouldn't be adverse to that but again the others are just mediocre players that I cant see us kicking on to the next level. In relation to a striker this is 100% needed as a back up option as we miss far to many chances without Kane but cant see many being happy to play second fiddle, id take the lad Osimehn over at Lille, think he is the next one from Africa to be a big name. Again dont mean to cause offence i just feel we should be looking at a different calibre of player now not raiding relegated/relegation threatened teams.

#40 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:52

View PostHurrikane, on 17 February 2020 - 08:33, said:

Rog no offence intended mate but why do you want to sign players from the relegation zone? 1/2 maybe ok to fit in but there is a reason they are down there shipping in goals, you have named a back 4 of bottom side players lol... Aaron possibly only one id take and jury is still out on him. Lewis has lost his place to Byram, and Mings and Ake are so overrated, if we want a new cb we should be looking at players like Dias from Benfica, this sort of calibre just before they become world class. Kalvin Phillips I agree on but again he is 24, surely we have better development options in house? Dwight McNeil is going to be an extremely good player so wouldn't be adverse to that but again the others are just mediocre players that I cant see us kicking on to the next level. In relation to a striker this is 100% needed as a back up option as we miss far to many chances without Kane but cant see many being happy to play second fiddle, id take the lad Osimehn over at Lille, think he is the next one from Africa to be a big name. Again dont mean to cause offence i just feel we should be looking at a different calibre of player now not raiding relegated/relegation threatened teams.

Mings is interesting, mentioned on MotD that he has pace, hadn't noticed that myself. Relegation players are available.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users