• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Summer 2020 Wndow

#41 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:22

Iíd take Aaronís and Todd Cantwell from Norwich.

#42 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:09

View Postgriff, on 17 February 2020 - 09:22, said:

Iíd take Aaronís and Todd Cantwell from Norwich.

Cantwell is also interesting, again, he won't be able to protect our defence though.

#43 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:38

We have Eze coming in I believe for the AM position, also like Benrahma the Brentford lad.

#44 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:20

View PostHurrikane, on 17 February 2020 - 10:38, said:

We have Eze coming in I believe for the AM position, also like Benrahma the Brentford lad.

Brentford are a selling club, but promotion is key to that. If they fail, he'll probably be sold.

#45 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:33

View PostHurrikane, on 17 February 2020 - 10:38, said:

Just like my eggs, I would take Cantwell over Eze.

#46 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2020 - 13:46

It's really difficult to see how we can improve our first 11 if you accept some of the reality.

Hugo has a few years left in him, Gazza more than adequate back up. Get a youngster in to be third choice once Vorm's contract runs out.

Defence wise, Toby after getting a three year contract is nailed on, Davies, who apparently played solidly yesterday, and Sess are our left back choices. Sanchez will probably be persisted with in the middle. I for one would like to see Tanganga be first choice right back. It's an area that we are prone to errors and being out of position. Is Max Aarons significantly better than Japhet? The only sensible options I see in defence is buying Ake to go CB and have Sanchex as backu or buy Aarons to go RB and playing Tanganga CB instead of Sanchez. I for one see Aurier more of a liability than Davison so for me:

Tanganga Toby Sanchez Davies
back up: Aurier Dier Foyth Sess
Jan, Rose, CCV and KWP to go

The two centre mid spots can be rotated with Winks, Ndombele and Lo Celso. Gedson, Sissoko, Dier and Skipp can provide back up.
Wanyama to go

Attacking four: Kane, Dele, Son and one of Moura or Bergwijn. The one missing out can be back up along with Lamela and Sess. Clarke will probably stay out on loan. The good thing with Bergwijn over Chelsea's recent purchase of Ziyech is me can play up front similar to Moura and Son so Kane is covered.

...and there lies our problem, to improve significantly we would be better off spending £80m on the a player the level of van Diyk but maybe in a different position? We now have plenty very good players but if Levy is going to spend that amount it won't be for someone 28 plus.

Who that player could be I do not know. Any suggestions?

#47 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 13:57

View Postfentonroad, on 17 February 2020 - 13:46, said:

It's really difficult to see how we can improve our first 11 if you accept some of the reality.

Hugo has a few years left in him, Gazza more than adequate back up. Get a youngster in to be third choice once Vorm's contract runs out.

Defence wise, Toby after getting a three year contract is nailed on, Davies, who apparently played solidly yesterday, and Sess are our left back choices. Sanchez will probably be persisted with in the middle. I for one would like to see Tanganga be first choice right back. It's an area that we are prone to errors and being out of position. Is Max Aarons significantly better than Japhet? The only sensible options I see in defence is buying Ake to go CB and have Sanchex as backu or buy Aarons to go RB and playing Tanganga CB instead of Sanchez. I for one see Aurier more of a liability than Davison so for me:

Tanganga Toby Sanchez Davies
back up: Aurier Dier Foyth Sess
Jan, Rose, CCV and KWP to go

The two centre mid spots can be rotated with Winks, Ndombele and Lo Celso. Gedson, Sissoko, Dier and Skipp can provide back up.
Wanyama to go

Attacking four: Kane, Dele, Son and one of Moura or Bergwijn. The one missing out can be back up along with Lamela and Sess. Clarke will probably stay out on loan. The good thing with Bergwijn over Chelsea's recent purchase of Ziyech is me can play up front similar to Moura and Son so Kane is covered.

...and there lies our problem, to improve significantly we would be better off spending £80m on the a player the level of van Diyk but maybe in a different position? We now have plenty very good players but if Levy is going to spend that amount it won't be for someone 28 plus.

Who that player could be I do not know. Any suggestions?

Declan Rice

#48 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2020 - 14:04

View PostYidio Yidio, on 17 February 2020 - 13:57, said:

Declan Rice

Would be funny to put one over the Hammers but is he any better than Winks or Tanguy? Harry has started to show his worth lately playing with a different partner. Swap with Dier maybe?

#49 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2020 - 14:06

I think we need a top player that it isn't quite working out for at their current club. A VDV quality/ level of player but maybe in a different position. Someone who is used to finishing/ winning things but won't be silly money. Dybala would have been perfect

#50 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 14:35

View PostHurrikane, on 17 February 2020 - 08:33, said:

Rog no offence intended mate but why do you want to sign players from the relegation zone? 1/2 maybe ok to fit in but there is a reason they are down there shipping in goals, you have named a back 4 of bottom side players lol... Aaron possibly only one id take and jury is still out on him. Lewis has lost his place to Byram, and Mings and Ake are so overrated, if we want a new cb we should be looking at players like Dias from Benfica, this sort of calibre just before they become world class. Kalvin Phillips I agree on but again he is 24, surely we have better development options in house? Dwight McNeil is going to be an extremely good player so wouldn't be adverse to that but again the others are just mediocre players that I cant see us kicking on to the next level. In relation to a striker this is 100% needed as a back up option as we miss far to many chances without Kane but cant see many being happy to play second fiddle, id take the lad Osimehn over at Lille, think he is the next one from Africa to be a big name. Again dont mean to cause offence i just feel we should be looking at a different calibre of player now not raiding relegated/relegation threatened teams.

I’ve listed the players with significant potential from these “relegation teams” who we could afford and attract.

It’s all well and good selecting targets, but they may as well be attainable players or the discussion is pointless.

Fraser absolutely racked up assists last season he is going to be FREE, McNeil is quality, Phillips is essentially Leeds when they play well...

Mings, Ake, Aarons - Aarons clearly Norwich biggest prospect, and all are responsible for what points their teams do have on the table.

Redmond and Ings - quality English players - neither getting relegated

Football is a game of components and I’ve picked individuals that exceed and stand out in their individual scenarios currently
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#51 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2020 - 14:55

Yeah i understand that theoretically their value should decrease with relegation, i just don't think they are 'Spurs' good. Just my personal opinion. As Fenton has said also where can we realistically improve, id rather spend big on someone that is going to come in and do this.

#52 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 15:28

View PostHurrikane, on 17 February 2020 - 14:55, said:

Yeah i understand that theoretically their value should decrease with relegation, i just don't think they are 'Spurs' good. Just my personal opinion. As Fenton has said also where can we realistically improve, id rather spend big on someone that is going to come in and do this.

Fair shout

But I think if you went back and looked at my out list, we could be strengthened by players like Bergwijn Lo Celso and Ndombele finding their feet, and us replacing our squad depth with the best players from other teams

#53 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 15:33

View PostHurrikane, on 17 February 2020 - 14:55, said:

Can't guarantee that though, you may well pay big for nothing better than average or injured. Putting all your eggs into one super star ? Not such a clear cut way to go as it appears.

#54 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 15:35

I've got it,

Chris Smalling.

#55 User is offline   fentonroad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2020 - 16:22

Liverpool put all their £150m eggs on two players vvd and Allison. Seems to have worked out okay.

They had two clear weaknesses. We havenít got that sort of problem. We have a great all round team.

#56 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 February 2020 - 16:44

View Postfentonroad, on 17 February 2020 - 16:22, said:

Liverpool put all their £150m eggs on two players vvd and Allison. Seems to have worked out okay.

They had two clear weaknesses. We havenít got that sort of problem. We have a great all round team.

I'll bring Wan Bissaka and Maguire to the debate £135M last summer. It doesn't always work.

Sell Kane like Pool sold Coutinho and it's possible to go big on two. It's prudent to spend player sales money and not sit on it for financial reasons.

#57 User is offline   bohsmart79 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2020 - 19:28

again sunday proved again we need a central defender who alongside toby and tanganga would just defend.sanchez has had his chances and for me he just isn't good enough.james tarkowski or a lewis dunk type is what we need.old school no nonsense defending.liverpool have it in lovern and matip who compliment van dyke.

#58 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 February 2020 - 00:46

View PostYidio Yidio, on 17 February 2020 - 15:33, said:

Can't guarantee that though, you may well pay big for nothing better than average or injured. Putting all your eggs into one super star ? Not such a clear cut way to go as it appears.

Agreed.

What Fenton is suggesting really is to opt for signings that could be like Ndombele, Lamela, Lo Celso, Soldado. Mixed bag of results so far there.

Phillips and the other young British talent I picked out are signings more akin to Robertson, Mount, Tammy, James, Mings, Maddison, Dele

What’s also not being considered - is signing players that don’t take 1.5 / 5 years of their contracts to integrate. Players that were born in the tempo of English football

#59 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 February 2020 - 00:50

View Postbohsmart79, on 17 February 2020 - 19:28, said:

again sunday proved again we need a central defender who alongside toby and tanganga would just defend.sanchez has had his chances and for me he just isn't good enough.james tarkowski or a lewis dunk type is what we need.old school no nonsense defending.liverpool have it in lovern and matip who compliment van dyke.

In fairness I think Van Dijk makes anyone along side him appear complementary

The boy at Celtic Ajer is going to be a leader of a player. Commanding 6í4 centerback and heís only 20-21 - where is Hitchen and why is he identifying people once they are expensive?

#60 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:47

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 18 February 2020 - 00:50, said:

In fairness I think Van Dijk makes anyone along side him appear complementary

The boy at Celtic Ajer is going to be a leader of a player. Commanding 6í4 centerback and heís only 20-21 - where is Hitchen and why is he identifying people once they are expensive?

It's actually Joe Gomez who came in at the start of Pools run of clean sheets due to a Matip injury. Home grown CB, where the h*ll are we going to find one of those.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users