• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Corona virus

#441 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 30 October 2020 - 15:06

thibnk they want to have their cake and eat it, it aint gonna work.If Scotland got their independance, then hows this for a scenario, Shetland then got theirs from mainland Scotland, the scots would not then be able to shout out Scottich NS oil as 99% is in shetland waters food for thought, and shetland have talked about it. :grinny:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#442 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 30 October 2020 - 15:11

View Postjourneyman, on 30 October 2020 - 15:06, said:

thibnk they want to have their cake and eat it, it aint gonna work.If Scotland got their independance, then hows this for a scenario, Shetland then got theirs from mainland Scotland, the scots would not then be able to shout out Scottich NS oil as 99% is in shetland waters food for thought, and shetland have talked about it. :grinny:

Totally agree that its shetland oil.

#443 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:02

I know I voted for Boris and as an individual he,s ok i guess as I said in another post, and yes he has a tough job, but there really are som daming report out about this government and their handling of this pandemic, the BMJ, and others are appaled at the handling of this situation. Lets face it no way we should have been hit this bad in my opinion, as we are an Island nation and should have stopped 5.4 million people coming in on flights.
He (Boris) always said that the government was following science, NO way I have ever believed that, just look at this lockdown, the ammount of traffic , people, open shops, lockdown lite. He said following the science!! this lockdown started on 5th November and yet "The Science" had actually suggested even told Boris to lockdown 6 weeks earlier, but now he and his throng bluster along, doing jack sh*t.

In the early days he said we must expect some deaths but if we can keep it below 20,000 we have done ok "in his dreams" two and half times that now, in fact the firt european country to reach that figure of over 50,000, shameful. Never again will I ever vote tory (if I live long enough to see another election).Any way tories have never been for the working classes.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#444 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:34

sadly its people,s behaviour causing all of this. In a second lockdown (lite) out of that straight into tier 3 and cases rising faster than ever, (in Kent) yet blustering boris is still going ahead and letting people mix at Christmas, I know they will anyway regardless of what government says, but by him and his ministers not removing that (free for all)he is more or less saying yes you go ahead enjoy your selves, doesnt matter that in 5,6, or 7 weeks your Mum, Dad, granny, grandad, auntie, uncle, could be dead because of your visit. Shameful. He is actually now by his actions telling the British people to be responsable for their actions thats a laugh, responsable!! its mostly a lack of acting responable that this virus is not going away.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#445 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 17 December 2020 - 18:03

View Postjourneyman, on 17 December 2020 - 11:34, said:

sadly its people,s behaviour causing all of this. In a second lockdown (lite) out of that straight into tier 3 and cases rising faster than ever, (in Kent) yet blustering boris is still going ahead and letting people mix at Christmas, I know they will anyway regardless of what government says, but by him and his ministers not removing that (free for all)he is more or less saying yes you go ahead enjoy your selves, doesnt matter that in 5,6, or 7 weeks your Mum, Dad, granny, grandad, auntie, uncle, could be dead because of your visit. Shameful. He is actually now by his actions telling the British people to be responsable for their actions thats a laugh, responsable!! its mostly a lack of acting responable that this virus is not going away.

The problem is that most sensible people were already ignoring the official stance from the government. My wife and I told all our family we would be staying home for Christmas 6 weeks ago. We make a point of locking down on the official release weekends that get announced. The summer holiday one and the Christmass shopping one.

We fully expected another lockdown, although thought it would be after Christmas, so see little point in rushing out on official release dates.

Sadly, I feel lot of these relaxing of lockdown are reactionary, an attempt to make it look like it's their idea, when it is basically giving in to public pressure.

We do all need to do what is best for us, rather than just go out because they say we can.

#446 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 January 2021 - 01:01

View Postjourneyman, on 17 December 2020 - 11:34, said:

Coming into the 2nd week after christmas and its plainly obvious that people went to relatives ! just down my little road cars were missing off their runways until late at night.
Not sure what the incubation time is with this virus ( is it 14 days ?) so we shall see if we have a massive spike in the coming 6 - 7 days.

As you say J.M people would have ignored whatever the government suggested anyway.

#447 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 03 January 2021 - 16:40

Think what is needed now is total lockdown and curfew to be honest, thats what happened in Spain and Rome, and people OBEYED, I have a friend who is a priest in Rome, and he said that the lockdown was adhered to so were the curfews, I feel now that is the only way to control it, and we must stick to the guide lines they apply to all not just one or two.

I personally think New year should have started with total lockdown, look at the figures 50,000 + now for the last 6 days should have lockdown enforced right now as from say 18.00hrs. That is just my opinion of course, tiers seem to be failing but there again thats because of the typical brit behavior, Oh them rules dont apply to me.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#448 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 January 2021 - 18:41

Have to feel for the young in all this, they are having to put their lives on hold to protect the vulnerable. Can't help but wonder if those who have actually been through the first strain of covid actually stand a better chance of a stronger immune to the 2nd strain.

#449 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 03 January 2021 - 20:57

you might actually be right there about that its a good possability.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#450 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 06 January 2021 - 07:38

View Postjourneyman, on 03 January 2021 - 16:40, said:

Think what is needed now is total lockdown and curfew to be honest, thats what happened in Spain and Rome, and people OBEYED, I have a friend who is a priest in Rome, and he said that the lockdown was adhered to so were the curfews, I feel now that is the only way to control it, and we must stick to the guide lines they apply to all not just one or two.

I personally think New year should have started with total lockdown, look at the figures 50,000 + now for the last 6 days should have lockdown enforced right now as from say 18.00hrs. That is just my opinion of course, tiers seem to be failing but there again thats because of the typical brit behavior, Oh them rules dont apply to me.

Since you wrote the above J.M the figures updated are 60,000 new cases 830 deaths.

I would say its going to rise over the next 8-10 days before it settles down again. Through (Christmas & New Year meet ups)

I think (some) people are taking it a bit more seriously now ! but its a bit too late and we have to rely on the government to roll out the vaccine asap.

I,ve taken to wearing a 3 layer mask while out shopping ! just in the hope it will give me a bit more protection against those not bothering or exempt from wearing one.

The wife was saying its under control in china but they tell their people what to do rather than politely ask them as our government does.

#451 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 06 January 2021 - 13:18

I do question this government thought to be honest, yes I too have signed up for news alerts from the beeb and sky, and saw those figures, totally awful, BUT on the deaths 803 I scrolled down and read these figurs are from 5th November to 4th of January, making them NOT a 24hr figure, can you believe all this government is saying.

But having said that no matter what any government said its all down to peoples behavior, what I see from my window how people are behaving beggars beliefe.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#452 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:55

View Postjourneyman, on 06 January 2021 - 13:18, said:

I do question this government thought to be honest, yes I too have signed up for news alerts from the beeb and sky, and saw those figures, totally awful, BUT on the deaths 803 I scrolled down and read these figurs are from 5th November to 4th of January, making them NOT a 24hr figure, can you believe all this government is saying.

But having said that no matter what any government said its all down to peoples behavior, what I see from my window how people are behaving beggars beliefe.

Absolutely ! it is all down to peoples behaviour..........! and thats why the vaccine needs rolling out asap.

Telling people to wash their hands ! wear a mask ! keep your distance etc just goes in one ear and out the other with some.

Was in a post office queue the other day and had someone breathing down my neck and had to ask them to move back and pointed out the 2 metre lines on the floor ! they obliged but why do you have to ask people to do this when its on the news most days ?

My wife has been in spats with people in supermarkets not following guidelines being asked of shoppers using the store.

She came home one day saying she understood what that bloke meant = (cant remember his name ) when he said ..................................!

I,m not racist ! I,m not sexist ! I,m not ageist ! i just hate all humans equally. :grinny:

#453 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 January 2021 - 14:39

The only hard thing with the whole virus thingy is the same in the Netherlands: you can judge your government, but no government ever has been trained to be in a situation like this, simply because it's exceptional.

In the Netherlands the vaccination is not mandatory, which worries me a lot...

#454 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 January 2021 - 16:35

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 07 January 2021 - 14:39, said:

The only hard thing with the whole virus thingy is the same in the Netherlands: you can judge your government, but no government ever has been trained to be in a situation like this, simply because it's exceptional.

Not sure it's mandatory in any country, feel sure the human rights arguement comes in to play on that. Not sure tbh.

#455 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:21

View PostYidio Yidio, on 07 January 2021 - 16:35, said:

Not sure it's mandatory in any country, feel sure the human rights arguement comes in to play on that. Not sure tbh.

Would agree on a rule like: if you don't take vaccin , you don't deserve treatment tbh

#456 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:26

well said pity thats introduced EXCELLENT. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#457 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 January 2021 - 15:20

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 07 January 2021 - 14:39, said:

Funnily enough they do do disaster planning. They play "war games" and plan and train for exceptional circumstances that may or may not occur and global pandemics was one that there was training for. Unfortunately we axed the committee in the UK 6 months before the pandemic hit and re-assigned the budget.

"According to the Daily Mail, the group - called the Threats, Hazards, Resilience and Contingency Committee (THRCC) - was suspended by former prime minister Theresa May on the advice of Cabinet Secretary Sir Mark Sedwill so that civil servants and ministers could focus on Brexit.

The Government committee, which included Cabinet ministers such as Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, Michael Gove and Gavin Williamson, was abolished by Mr Johnson a few days after he entered Downing Street. The committee was axed without discussing virus control plans."

I understand something similar happened in the US.

Whilst in hindsight this seems like a major blunder, and it is, I know that they plan for all sorts of things that never happen. I think I even heard they plan for alien invasions and zombie attacks. I guess they made the decision at the time that the eventuality of a pandemic was unlikely and it was better putting resources towards something else, a grave error but ultimately decisions are made without a crystall ball.

#458 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 25 January 2021 - 15:35

The good thing about leaving the e.u and the one thing our govt has done right was getting the vaccine sorted.
My mrs has already had her 1st jab of pfizer as shes clinically extremely vulnerable.
Our govt ordered and bought in advance independently of europe thus didnt get stuck in the buerocrisy nightmare going on.

Now the drug companies can only supply them with 10% of the orders placed because they where so late.

7 mil uk citizens vaccinated in 3 weeks ..over 10% of the population..the whole of the e.u under 3 mil..population 400 mil...laughable.

#459 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 January 2021 - 15:42

Yeah, there are definite benefits in a world crisis to be able to be agile and move independently. Also we're somewhat isolated from bailing out European countries who economies are now bound to fail. Just got to hope we're not one of them.

There's a bleak few years ahead thanks to corona for most countries, I hope we can steer our way through it with as little long term damage as possible but the competence of our government is called into question more regularly than you'd like.

#460 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 25 January 2021 - 15:48

View Posttomtom, on 25 January 2021 - 15:42, said:

Yeah, there are definite benefits in a world crisis to be able to be agile and move independently. Also we're somewhat isolated from bailing out European countries who economies are now bound to fail. Just got to hope we're not one of them.

There's a bleak few years ahead thanks to corona for most countries, I hope we can steer our way through it with as little long term damage as possible but the competence of our government is called into question more regularly than you'd like.

Cant really argue with that tom tom..all in all our govt has been found wanting but its frightening that our opposition parties offer nothing either and the level of political wills and character is pathetic at this time ..its scary tbh.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users