• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Big thanks to The Burnley lads

#1 User is offline   old spur 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 23 June 2020 - 13:59

A big thank you to the Burnley boys who actually believe the life of a white person matters. I think supporters of every club should do the same to show the importance of such a statement, especially after 3 white people were murdered by a person of colour in Reading. Needless to say, if it were round the other way, we would be having riots by now. Of course, the WOKE BBC thinks it is shocking that that anyone dare show concern for a white person, and Burnley FC are horrified. How strange

#2 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2020 - 15:14

This is beyond stupid and you cannot claim age or whatever somehow means you donít have to agree with the Ďmodern worldí.
You and those moronic Burnley fans are completely missing the point. This is not a movement about black lives being more important than other lives but they need to be treated better and be given more equality (especially in America) but also everywhere.
All this movement is doing is creating awareness and trying to improve peopleís lives. Trying to give equality to those whoís lives are harder because of their skin colour. That is not to say that there are no white people who live in poverty or have struggles, but there is a clear difference in opportunities which needs to be addressed.

It is no surprise to see people angry at this movement anyway. The amount of racism I have witnessed over the last few years with the Brexit campaign and the trump campaign really opened my eyes to just how real racism is in todayís world.
I am not stating that all those who were pro-Brexit or pro-trump were racist because there were many other factors to consider, but those campaigns somehow made some people feel like they were allowed to be publicly racist and that this will make their country great (white) again.

I do think that the riots and the pulling down of statues and removal of TVs programs have gotten out of hand. And I can agree that this is totally out of order and taking things way too far.

However, to say white lives matter is a rather childish thing to say. It would be the equivalent of saying cancer research shouldnít be a charity because there are other illnesses in the world..

This is a problem right now and if you canít see it then maybe youíre part of the problem.

#3 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 23 June 2020 - 15:52

FFS ! george floyd happened in the usa where racism is more extreme than in the uk.

The cop that killed the bloke should be tried for murder = end of and lets move on.

As for racism at football matches we have complex camera's all over the place to clear out those fans abusing black players.

I go to matches to see a game of skill not all that load of old b******s.

I loved garth crooks as a spurs player as much as i did gareth bale.

I did think that the plane message should have read "white lives matter" Also !

Someone has to say it because it seems to have been consigned to the f***et bucket.

Just my take on all this stuff.

#4 User is offline   old spur 

• Club Captain

Posted 23 June 2020 - 16:41

View PostChrisPienaar, on 23 June 2020 - 15:14, said:

This is beyond stupid and you cannot claim age or whatever somehow means you don’t have to agree with the ‘modern world’.
You and those moronic Burnley fans are completely missing the point. This is not a movement about black lives being more important than other lives but they need to be treated better and be given more equality (especially in America) but also everywhere.
All this movement is doing is creating awareness and trying to improve people’s lives. Trying to give equality to those who’s lives are harder because of their skin colour. That is not to say that there are no white people who live in poverty or have struggles, but there is a clear difference in opportunities which needs to be addressed.

It is no surprise to see people angry at this movement anyway. The amount of racism I have witnessed over the last few years with the Brexit campaign and the trump campaign really opened my eyes to just how real racism is in today’s world.
I am not stating that all those who were pro-Brexit or pro-trump were racist because there were many other factors to consider, but those campaigns somehow made some people feel like they were allowed to be publicly racist and that this will make their country great (white) again.

I do think that the riots and the pulling down of statues and removal of TVs programs have gotten out of hand. And I can agree that this is totally out of order and taking things way too far.

However, to say white lives matter is a rather childish thing to say. It would be the equivalent of saying cancer research shouldn’t be a charity because there are other illnesses in the world..

This is a problem right now and if you can’t see it then maybe you’re part of the problem.

Great, we have a woke on board.

1)BLM are a far left fascist and anarchist group. Their aim is to destroy our culture as we know it. They are anti capitalism, and one of their policies is not to support any white business. The Prem may as well have had the Taliban put on the back of players shirts. Of course black lives matter, but don't the lives of the three white people stabbed in reading by a person of colour matter either. Reverse that situation and there would be riots, and YOU know it.

2)Your right, black people in the UK don't get the same treatment as whites, they get far better. We have a race relations board (or what ever they call it now), we have specific employment laws that cover black people, but not white, the Police, the Fire Brigade, and government departments have quotas, and large companies have to submit diversity breakdowns. Have you asked yourself why thousands and thousands of black people are risking their lives to get here?

3) Black people do not have a harder life because they are black. Black people have the same chances as everyone else. Have you not seen the rich football black players, the successful doctors, surgeons, solicitors, and accountants. No, black people aren't handed money for being black, but white people aren't given money for being white either. Yes, more black lads are stopped and searched, but statistically they are five times more likely to carry a knife, FACT, check it out.

4) Black people are still complaining about slavery 400 years later. Unfortunately they have chosen to forget black people also had slaves, and it was them who rounded up other black people for sale.

5) George Floyd had a criminal record longer than the M1 and spent many a year behind bars. One of those crimes included breaking into a pregnant woman's house and pushing a gun into her stomach. OK the police officer was out of order, but they had to send three squad cars to arrest him because he was up to his eyeballs with crystal meth. Despite what his brother may have said, he wasn't a gentle giant, and certainly hadn't turned his life around. This is the man the black community want to hail as an icon.

I may well get banned for this post, because this is how bloody stupid this country has got. Every country has racists, and in my experience the Afro Caribbean community are by far the most racist of them all. As long as these stupid middle class liberals and politicians who have no idea of reality continue to tell people who they can and can't like, the man in the street will get more frustrated, and probably become more racist. Just to finish things off, you are four more times likely to get killed by the police in the USA if you are white, although black people disproportionately commit 52% of the crime. Now, tell me how the USA is a racist country. Oh, that's the USA who recently had a black president.

Before spouting off mate, I suggest you do some balanced research, rather than to watch the BBC and read the bloody Guardian. All lives matter, and that banner simply made people aware of that. As long as footballers are carrying the name of a far left political movement on the back of their shirts, I am not watching it.

#5 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 June 2020 - 17:35

View Postold spur, on 23 June 2020 - 16:41, said:

Great, we have a woke on board.

1)BLM are a far left fascist and anarchist group. Their aim is destroy our culture as we know it. They are anti capitalism, and one of their policies is not to support any white business. The Prem may as well have had the Taliban put on the back of players shirts. Of course black lives matter, but don't the lives of the three white people stabbed in reading by a person of colour matter either. Reverse that situation and there would be riots, and YOU know it.

2)Your right, black people in the UK don't get the same treatment as whites, they get far better. We have a race relations board (or what ever they call it now), we have specific employment laws that cover black people, but not white, the Police, the Fire Brigade, and government departments have quotas, and large companies have to submit diversity breakdowns. Have you asked yourself why thousands and thousands of black people are risking their lives to get here?

3) Black people do not have a harder life because they are black. Black people have the same chances as everyone else. Have you not seen the rich football black players, the successful doctors, surgeons, solicitors, and accountants. No, black people aren't handed money for being black, but white people aren't given money for being white either. Yes, more black lads are stopped and searched, but statistically they are five times more likely to carry a knife, FACT, check it out.

4) Black people are still complaining about slavery 400 years later. Unfortunately they have chosen to forget black people also had slaves, and it was them who rounded up other black people for sale.

5) George Floyd had a criminal record longer than the M1 and spent many a year behind bars. One of those crimes included breaking into a pregnant woman's house and pushing a gun into her stomach. OK the police officer was out of order, but they had to send three squad cars to arrest him because he was up to his eyeballs with crystal meth. Despite what his brother may have said, he wasn't a gentle giant, and certainly hadn't turned his life around. This is the man the black community want to hail as an icon.

I may well get banned for this post, because this is how bloody stupid this country has got. Every country has racists, and in my experience the Afro Caribbean community are by far the most racist of them all. As long as these stupid middle class liberals and politicians who have no idea of reality continue to tell people who they can and can't like, the man in the street will get more frustrated, and probably become more racist. Just to finish things off, you are four more times likely to get killed by the police in the USA if you are white, although black people disproportionately commit 52% of the crime. Now, tell me how the USA is a racist country. Oh, that's the USA who recently had a black president.

Before spouting off mate, I suggest you do some balanced research, rather than to watch the BBC and read the bloody Guardian. All lives matter, and that banner simply made people aware of that. As long as footballers are carrying the name of a far left political movement on the back of their shirts, I am not watching it.

Great we have an idiot on board.

Your reply is the usual bulls*** I would expect. Assuming I havenít done any research other than bbc or guardian which I neither watch nor read.
I made it clear in my post that I donít agree with the extremity of it all and things have been taken too far. What I do talk about is the blatant racism that exists on UK and USA towards minorities.

I havenít spoken about George Floyd, I think the way he has been made a martyr is wrong but it clearly reached a boiling point where enough was enough.

The stats you bring out can be quickly turned on itís head. 52% of crimes are committed by people of colour - why? Because they make up a lot of those that are living in poverty in some areas.

But anyway, the general message is that I donít believe people of colour have the same opportunities in every walk of life as white people do. That is not to say that they have no chances at all but it is certainly not a level playing field and I do believe the problem is bigger in the US. And I also believe that there is still strong racist behavior and attitudes towards anyone who is different.

ALSO I think that America has a lot of problems such as gun control and police brutality towards all people. That is something that needs to be dealt with as well. For a country that labels itself as the land of the free and the greatest country they really are in a s*** state.

I am most certainly not Ďwokeí as I have not taken part in any of the protests and I disagree with some of the actions being taken. I just accept that I donít believe it is a level playing field for everyone and I donít think that you can say that it is just because you say so and there are rich black people so there.

You speak about acts of terrorism and use that to promote white lives matter. That is terrorism not a f***ing movement. Terrorists can be from any background or colour and are just nutjobs that want to kill and cause fear. The standard view of a terrorist is a middle-eastern person with an explosive vest and is probably what your balanced research tells you to be worried about. But plenty of white people do Ďacts of terrorí when stabbings occur, school shootings in the US, etc.

Thatís all I have to say anyway. Wonít be writing anymore here as itís pointless to discuss it.

#6 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2020 - 17:44

I agree with old spur on this one. If people are allowed to put black lives matter everywhere, then people should also have the free speech to put white lives matter everywhere. Point being all lives matter.

However, personally I feel the context may have been a bit inappropriate. In other words as a sensitive snowflake I would not have done it. Sensitive snowflakes matter.

#7 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 June 2020 - 17:53

View Postold spur, on 23 June 2020 - 13:59, said:

A big thank you to the Burnley boys who actually believe the life of a white person matters. I think supporters of every club should do the same to show the importance of such a statement, especially after 3 white people were murdered by a person of colour in Reading. Needless to say, if it were round the other way, we would be having riots by now. Of course, the WOKE BBC thinks it is shocking that that anyone dare show concern for a white person, and Burnley FC are horrified. How strange

You either donít understand what is going on in the world or you are wilfully ignoring the facts to peddle your own agenda.

#8 User is offline   old spur 

• Club Captain

Posted 23 June 2020 - 20:35

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 23 June 2020 - 17:53, said:

You either donít understand what is going on in the world or you are wilfully ignoring the facts to peddle your own agenda.

Sorry my friend, you are very wrong. I am retired, spend a lot of time on political forums, and read many articles. I have given you many facts, facts that can easily backed up with data. Only the other day when you locked a thread you stated Floyd had turned his life around. On the day in question he had attempted to pass counterfeit money. When the police tried to arrest he resisted, and was difficult to hold down because he was full of crystal meth. If this is your idea of turning his life around, you must have some very dodgy friends. I am no expert on USA politics, but the data I gave you regarding deaths from police action are fact. That is to say, white people in the USA are under far greater threat than black. There is absolutely no evidence what so ever that black people receive worse treatment than white in the UK, but black people DO have far more legal protection, and additional rights. Any claim made by black activists or Guardian readers indicating black people get a hard time is very quickly and easily dispelled. All the data indicates absolutely the opposite. In any area black people aren't as successful as white, factual reasons can be given. Example, young black women are far more likely to have children from multiple partners.In the Afro Caribbean community giving or receiving children is a sign of affection. Unfortunately this is very often done without considering consequences. Regardless of what snowflakes would like to tell us, single parents with a handful of children will rarely supply a good upbringing. Here is another one for you. In both the USA and UK, the largest percentage of murder is black on black.

I once worked in Brixton and had about 8 young black guys worked for me. They didn't like white people much, they despised Asians, they hated Africans, even though they referred to Africa as their homeland. They were the most racist people I had ever met, but I expect in your world black people can't be racist. You are debating with the wrong person. If you believe you have an argument, give me some facts, because I have lists of them. The Premiership getting involved with politics is a cancer, and one that needs cutting out. I have no problem with the vast majority of black people, because the vast majority believe it or not agree with me. I am not really bothered by black activists, because there aren't many of them , what bothers me is these white middle class snowflakes who have been brainwashed whilst in uni. Fortunately most of them get to grow out of it !

#9 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 June 2020 - 20:56

Old Spur, I have never mentioned Floyd on this forum, let alone suggest that he had turned his life around. Please check these things before you attribute quotes to your fellow poster. I was not responsible for locking a thread either.

#10 User is offline   old spur 

• Club Captain

Posted 23 June 2020 - 21:26

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 23 June 2020 - 20:56, said:

Old Spur, I have never mentioned Floyd on this forum, let alone suggest that he had turned his life around. Please check these things before you attribute quotes to your fellow poster. I was not responsible for locking a thread either.

Sorry, that was Chelsea blue, who incidentally supports the club with the most racist supporters in the UK. Ironic really

#11 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 June 2020 - 21:39

Chelsea Blue hasn't posted on here in years. You're thinking of me.

They suspected him of having used a possibly fake $20 bill to buy cigarettes. The shop owner has said he suspects he wouldn't know it was fake and was just most likely in circulation. Police have refused to reveal whether the bill was actually fake.

None of this is to do with Spurs so please keep your views to general chat or even better nowhere near the forum.

#12 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:18

Hi Old Spur! i am new on the forum having joined less than 6 months back but i was watching planetspurs 2 years before i actually joined and if you want my opinion then it is primarily a spurs forum for spurs discussion.
Although you will get some response to political & contentious material on here i would advise you join a political forum to air your views on with others who also want to debate mainly stuff that comes under that heading.
Tom is correct in moving ------burnley lads etc thread out of spurs chat because it is nothing to do with spurs.

What i will also say is that i have seen clashes on here that ended in some getting warnings and the odd suspension.
To be honest i think thats pretty well pathetic because its so easy to just take a step back and just leave the discussion.

Just mentioning that because i just get the feeling from the response you are getting on here that you will just get your thread locked and very soon if you continue.

To be honest i have known = worked with = played sports with = white and black people and find both can be nice and some can be obnoxious ! thats human beings for you from all walks of life ? you just learn to avoid the obnoxious one's whatever colour they may be.

I also have my own views on what is going on in the world right now but i feel more strongly about the state of the planet we live on and what we will be passing onto to future generations.

If we dont start thinking seriously about the world then its possible that soon we wont have a planet to play football upon ?

See thats another debate where people have different views ! i like greta thunberg's message but my wife thinks she's got a flaming cheek to tell adult people how to live and that she should preach all that stuff in china or russia= not us !
I avoid this subject at home because it gets her agitated ! as we find most people are with contentious subjects....! that's why i am saying join a political forum to vent your spleen on with likewise people.

....anyway take a step back and see that this is mainly a forum for tottenham fans to give opinions on the club they support = although it does invite diversifying subject discussion you will i believe get more from googling and joining a political debate forum. :niceone:

Sorry just doing an edit ! i am not hinting or saying leave planetspurs ! nothing like that at all i just think you will get more satisfaction debating non spurs contentious stuff on the correct channel.

#13 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:22

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 23 June 2020 - 15:52, said:

FFS ! george floyd happened in the usa where racism is more extreme than in the uk.

The cop that killed the bloke should be tried for murder = end of and lets move on.

As for racism at football matches we have complex camera's all over the place to clear out those fans abusing black players.

I go to matches to see a game of skill not all that load of old b******s.

I loved garth crooks as a spurs player as much as i did gareth bale.

I did think that the plane message should have read "white lives matter" Also !

Someone has to say it because it seems to have been consigned to the f***et bucket.

Just my take on all this stuff.

#14 User is offline   Itsafunnyoldgame 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2020 - 20:17

View Postold spur, on 23 June 2020 - 13:59, said:

Old Spur , I live near Burnley Town and Iíll say this with confidence the ď Lads from the Suicide Squad ď donít give a F bout white lives or black lives , do a bit of basic research on these lads , a bigger set of racist roger hunts youíll never find anywhere in this country. WLM , Iíve seen them knock f out of innocent fans , brick pubs with non threatening fans in , WLM ,these bastards donít give a f about ANY LIVES MATTER . They are simply trying to highlight there right wing facist views . Sorry mate but it walks racist , talks racist , wears racist , brags racist, promotes racism , take it from me itís f in racist. The guy has stated heís got many friends of mixed race or of Black origin , funny that thereís not one photograph of him with a mixed race person or Black friend . This wasnít a message of equality it was a statement of superiority.

#15 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:20

View PostItsafunnyoldgame, on 25 June 2020 - 20:17, said:

Old Spur , I live near Burnley Town and I’ll say this with confidence the “ Lads from the Suicide Squad “ don’t give a F bout white lives or black lives , do a bit of basic research on these lads , a bigger set of racist roger hunts you’ll never find anywhere in this country. WLM , I’ve seen them knock f out of innocent fans , brick pubs with non threatening fans in , WLM ,these bastards don’t give a f about ANY LIVES MATTER . They are simply trying to highlight there right wing facist views . Sorry mate but it walks racist , talks racist , wears racist , brags racist, promotes racism , take it from me it’s f in racist. The guy has stated he’s got many friends of mixed race or of Black origin , funny that there’s not one photograph of him with a mixed race person or Black friend . This wasn’t a message of equality it was a statement of superiority.

Probably old spur was just agreeing with that airborne banner because no one has actually come out and said "white & black & all lives matter also .

Personally i have never heard of this group of people

#16 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:17

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 27 June 2020 - 12:20, said:

Probably old spur was just agreeing with that airborne banner because no one has actually come out and said "white & black & all lives matter also .

Personally i have never heard of this group of people

Which he has all right to have. However these people didn't place this message above the stadium to tell that, just to shock people and fire up discussions..

#17 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:16

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 29 June 2020 - 06:17, said:

Which he has all right to have. However these people didn't place this message above the stadium to tell that, just to shock people and fire up discussions..

Probably not !

Racism isnt my thing really because i have interaction with coloured people several days a week and dont have any problems with them and they dont have any problems with me.
Many years ago i played a certain sporting game with a black person who had an attitude problem but i have also played sports with white people who had attitude problems.

All humans are the same to me.

Its others who turn skin colours into a problem !

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users