• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Milan Skriniar CB/DM

#1 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:53

Wondered if there was any ITK on here regarding reports that we are deep in discussion with inter over Skriniar.

Sounds like what we need after verts has left.

He's a CB & can also play DM & according to reports i have read on the player is a - strong tackler.

Does that sound like something we desperately need ?

Hope this one happens but a couple of weeks back i read inter were willing to sacrifice skriniar for any deal involving n'dombele.

I would like n'dombele to be given another season playing alongside a proven dm .

#2 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2020 - 06:07

Perhaps we are not going for a cheap ,relatively unknown defender after all. All the gossip before this one involved budget centre backs.

#3 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 06:25

View Postgriff, on 08 August 2020 - 06:07, said:

Perhaps we are not going for a cheap ,relatively unknown defender after all. All the gossip before this one involved budget centre backs.

Actually dont know if this one is going to happen griff ? but the player has fallen out of favour with conte.....! that much is true.

Further reading on the subject from different sources isnt encouraging .

#4 User is offline   bohsmart79 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:47

this is the no nonsense centre half we need.just wonder has ledley had a say in this

#5 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:36

View Postbohsmart79, on 08 August 2020 - 09:47, said:

this is the no nonsense centre half we need.just wonder has ledley had a say in this

Hopefully and the blokes a bit of a leader also.

Not confident it will happen because inter are said to be happy to sacrifice the player if they can get n,dombele.

#6 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:00

Can someone tell me why we are looking at this centreback or any other with 6 already (4 favoured and Foyth/ CCV not) on our books? Waste of time and money when our priority should be defensive midfielder, right back and back up striker, possibly a left back.

Skriniar is a centreback fullstop, albeit a very good one. He's played DM once in 7 years and 173 games so no flexibility, but if you want a centreback who can play DM we have Dier. If you want to bring in someone like him I would say you have to get rid of 3 of the 6 we have. Toby Tanganga and Dier have recently signed contracts so I assume boot out Sanchez along with Foyth and CCV?

Bottom line is we shouldn't be looking at centrebacks or attacking midfielders as we have plenty unless something very special came along. Maybe a player that create like an Eriksen of old. Saying that, even if we got someone like Bale or Coutinho on loan where would they fit in to the team, assuming Son and Kane start? Where would it leave the likes of Dele, Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela and Sessegnon? I am assuming Lo Celso, Tanguy, Winks and Sissoko will be fighting amongst themselves for the berth next to impending DM buy Hojbjerg?

#7 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:24

Just think the link came from the media because Inter have been sniffing around Tanguy but I don't think there's any truth in it

#8 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:27

There is truth, and Seperate from Tanguy 👍🏽

#9 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:56

View PostHurrikane, on 08 August 2020 - 11:27, said:

There is truth, and Seperate from Tanguy 👍🏽

Just don't think we have the cash for that kind of transfer this summer unless a swap plus cash is involved but I might be wrong and the club plan to off load Sanchez as well to raise some cash because I don't see any other way it could happen

#10 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:26

View Postaramak, on 08 August 2020 - 11:56, said:

Just don't think we have the cash for that kind of transfer this summer unless a swap plus cash is involved but I might be wrong and the club plan to off load Sanchez as well to raise some cash because I don't see any other way it could happen

Indeed Aramak, we haven't got the cash to splash

Skriniar in = Sanchez, Foyth and CCV out

Hojbjerg in = in reality Sissoko or Winks or even Ndombele have to go

KWP and Aurier out = right back in

Back up striker needed whatever

#11 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:47

View Postfentonroad, on 08 August 2020 - 12:26, said:

Skriniar in = Sanchez, Foyth and CCV out

Hojbjerg in = in reality Sissoko or Winks or even Ndombele have to go

KWP and Aurier out = right back in

Back up striker needed whatever

Well verts has gone already ! i dont think jose rates foyth or ccv or sanchez.

Thats 4 cb's potentially gone and possibly one in.

Hojbjerg would allow n,dombele to so his stuff ! n'dombele doesnt do midfield defensive duties full stop and needs someone to cover for him.

Doesnt mean sissy leaves but he shouldnt be first choice.....He's a bencher.

No one rates winksy but he can maraud forward if allowed ! but right now he is being stifled by midfield duties .

He's better than that.

Just my thoughts on the situation for what its worth.

We hope someone calls in for aurier !

Tanganga will be in contention for rb.

Looks like the cherries want to sell callum wilson but valuations are different.

#12 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 August 2020 - 14:07

We all know Foyth’s limitations although how he would be after being coached by Ledley,who knows.We have never really had CCV as he’s always been on loan somewhere.Hes had so many loans I thought he would have been about 26 by now.
I reckon Sanchez will stay but with Ledley’s help,he will get back,to the,form he showed in his first season.He must play right sidemthough.
If gettingSkrimier means losing Ndombele would that be so bad. We could then send Lamela back,to,Roma in exchange for Pellegrini. Lamela replaced by an out and out winger in , Look,out Brentford! These are just examples of things we could do.
Lo Celso ,for example is far more suited to playing alongside Hojbjerg than he is playing further forward.

#13 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 14:43

Priority is making our first choice eleven better and thatís defensive midfielder and then right back. First one appears sorted and if Jose thinks tanganga can be right back ahead of aurier then thatís sorted. If not we have to enter the transfer market

After that, back up striker and left back.

Dare I say it but Japhet could be first choice rb and if Davies is injured he can play lb and aurier comes back in. Then all we would have to do is buy a backup striker.

I do however think if we bring Hojbjerg in we have to lose one midfielder at least as we have loads. Whether thatís sissoko winks lamela or sessegnon I donít know. Gedson we are stuck with

#14 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 15:12

View Postfentonroad, on 08 August 2020 - 14:43, said:

Priority is making our first choice eleven better and thatís defensive midfielder and then right back. First one appears sorted and if Jose thinks tanganga can be right back ahead of aurier then thatís sorted. If not we have to enter the transfer market

After that, back up striker and left back.

Dare I say it but Japhet could be first choice rb and if Davies is injured he can play lb and aurier comes back in. Then all we would have to do is buy a backup striker.

I do however think if we bring Hojbjerg in we have to lose one midfielder at least as we have loads. Whether thatís sissoko winks lamela or sessegnon I donít know. Gedson we are stuck with

Southampton fans arent fussed on losing hojbjerg & thats worrying .

I dont think the dm position is sorted = but we live in hope.

I think thats why jose partly wants skriniar on board.

#15 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 15:22

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 08 August 2020 - 15:12, said:

Southampton fans arent fussed on losing hojbjerg & thats worrying .

I dont think the dm position is sorted = but we live in hope.

I think thats why jose partly wants skriniar on board.

Why would Jose want Skriniar on board to help sort out dm position? He's played there once in 7 years, 170 plus games, therefore he provides no help whatsoever in that position. Taking that approach you could say Kane could be third choice keeper as he's had to play there once in his career? We've done too many square pegs in round holes in the DM position as well as others. Buy a player to play in a position that they've had experience playing in.

#16 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 August 2020 - 15:29

View Postfentonroad, on 08 August 2020 - 15:22, said:

Why would Jose want Skriniar on board to help sort out dm position? He's played there once in 7 years, 170 plus games, therefore he provides no help whatsoever in that position. Taking that approach you could say Kane could be third choice keeper as he's had to play there once in his career? We've done too many square pegs in round holes in the DM position as well as others. Buy a player to play in a position that they've had experience playing in.

100% agree

#17 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 17:42

View Postfentonroad, on 08 August 2020 - 15:22, said:

Why would Jose want Skriniar on board to help sort out dm position?

Possibly & conjecturally wise = because dm players are non existent in the spurs team right now and we havent even signed hojbjerg yet so the problem is ongoing.

Jose probably knows more about skriniar & his capabilities than you or me ? whatever records you care to call upon.

But hey ho ! we are talking transfer gossip.

#18 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 August 2020 - 18:17

All Iím saying is that heís hasnít played dm bar once and thatís in seven years. I know nothing but thatís just a fact.

Assuming we get Hojbjerg our backup of what we have now are Dier winks and the young Skipp. Do we need another square peg in a round hole? If tanganga and Dier had not signed new contracts I would have said a definite yes

#19 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2020 - 15:24

View Postfentonroad, on 08 August 2020 - 12:26, said:

Hojbjerg in = in reality Sissoko or Winks or even Ndombele to go

This isnít true. KWP and £3m need to go. Which is a bargain.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#20 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 09 August 2020 - 16:34

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 09 August 2020 - 15:24, said:

This isnít true. KWP and £3m need to go. Which is a bargain.

I agree we look as if we've done really well out of the deal getting a new defensive central midfielder but then we have to find funds for a right back. Right now we are overloaded in central midfield with Winks, Sissoko, Ndomeble, Skipp, Lo Celso and Gedson and with Hojbjerg that will make 7. That's not counting players that have played there not so long ago like Dele and Dier. Yes loan out Skipp but still too many. For me sell Sissoko and Gedson will be gone in a year. That would leave a managable 5 when Skipp returns.

Any money from Moussa can be added to money from the hopeful sales of Foyth and Aurier to get a new rightback and back up striker.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users