• You cannot reply to this topic

Milan Skriniar CB/DM

#21 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 09 August 2020 - 19:26

View Postfentonroad, on 09 August 2020 - 16:34, said:

I agree we look as if we've done really well out of the deal getting a new defensive central midfielder but then we have to find funds for a right back. Right now we are overloaded in central midfield with Winks, Sissoko, Ndomeble, Skipp, Lo Celso and Gedson and with Hojbjerg that will make 7. That's not counting players that have played there not so long ago like Dele and Dier. Yes loan out Skipp but still too many. For me sell Sissoko and Gedson will be gone in a year. That would leave a managable 5 when Skipp returns.

Any money from Moussa can be added to money from the hopeful sales of Foyth and Aurier to get a new rightback and back up striker.

I just dont see Gedson as a central midfielder,much more of a wide,attacking midfielder.

#22 User is online   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 09 August 2020 - 21:25

View Postgriff, on 09 August 2020 - 19:26, said:

I just dont see Gedson as a central midfielder,much more of a wide,attacking midfielder.

He's another one that doesn't know what he is. For me, I would end the loan to free up a space

#23 User is online   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 09 August 2020 - 21:44

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 08 August 2020 - 15:12, said:

Southampton fans arent fussed on losing hojbjerg & thats worrying .

I dont think the dm position is sorted = but we live in hope.

I think thats why jose partly wants skriniar on board.

https://theboyhotspu...rdan-henderson/

#24 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2020 - 21:53

View Postaramak, on 09 August 2020 - 21:25, said:

He's another one that doesn't know what he is. For me, I would end the loan to free up a space

All I can guess he was brought in as emergency cover for Sissoko when he was injured and the only way we could agree a deal was if it was for 18 months. Pointless now and if we could end the loan right now I would.

#25 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 09 August 2020 - 22:12

Why are people talking that Jose partly wants Skriniar on board to help with defensive midfield? If you follow the logic the only reason for this is as Skriniar is an out and out centre back would be that Jose wants to move Dier back into centre midfield and then we are back to square pegs in round holes.

I can accept a right footed centreback regularly playing on the left side as Liverpool have two right footers and they do the same job. The same with wingers, teams often play them inverted so they can cut in and shoot. Some fullbacks too as it's the same duties but on a different side but can someone name me a regular centreback who can be an effective defensive midfielder? Ledley started in midfield I know but he found his naturally position moving back. Fernandinho moves back at a push but I can't think of a top one that goes from centreback to centremid.

I thought maybe Skriniar has played rightback and could be our missing link there but it's a big no in the fullback experience. Let's be honest a player with the attributes of Milan is not top priority right now. He's a great player and possibly better than what we have in the position, but as three of our centrebacks have just signed new contracts lets sort out our bigger weaknesses before spending time and money getting a new centreback.

If we have room, time and cash after sorting out rightback and backup striker, getting Hojbjerg and selling three of our six existing centre backs then go for it Mr Levy.

#26 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2020 - 22:29

View Postfentonroad, on 09 August 2020 - 16:34, said:

I agree we look as if we've done really well out of the deal getting a new defensive central midfielder but then we have to find funds for a right back. Right now we are overloaded in central midfield with Winks, Sissoko, Ndomeble, Skipp, Lo Celso and Gedson and with Hojbjerg that will make 7. That's not counting players that have played there not so long ago like Dele and Dier. Yes loan out Skipp but still too many. For me sell Sissoko and Gedson will be gone in a year. That would leave a managable 5 when Skipp returns.

Any money from Moussa can be added to money from the hopeful sales of Foyth and Aurier to get a new rightback and back up striker.

Yep Id be open to selling the following to make room for new additions:

Foyth
KWP
CCV
Aurier
Rose
Sissoko
Winks
Gedson cancel
Lamela
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#27 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 09 August 2020 - 22:40

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 09 August 2020 - 22:29, said:

Foyth
KWP
CCV
Aurier
Rose
Sissoko
Winks
Gedson cancel
Lamela

Can't argue with any of them although with the likelyhood of Skipp going out on loan I would keep Winks as he's home grown and one of our own, heart ruling head I know. I've with you on Lamela Rog as I see him staying hindering the development/ time for Bergwijn and possibly Sessegnon if he's not loaned out.

#28 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2020 - 22:46

View Postaramak, on 09 August 2020 - 21:25, said:

That would depend on who we got in to fill that space. It would be either a freebie like Willian,otherwise we would have to spend. Might be better to keep him and see how he develops.

#29 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2020 - 22:58

View Postfentonroad, on 09 August 2020 - 22:40, said:

Can't argue with any of them although with the likelyhood of Skipp going out on loan I would keep Winks as he's home grown and one of our own, heart ruling head I know. I've with you on Lamela Rog as I see him staying hindering the development/ time for Bergwijn and possibly Sessegnon if he's not loaned out.

Dont actually want to sell winks.

But Id love an ambitious window off the back of a big clear out.

Imagine:

Aarons & Lewis
Skriniar
Hojberg
Savic
Wilson
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#30 User is online   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:16

Foyth
KWP
CCV
Aurier
Rose
Sissoko
Winks
Gedson cancel
Lamela

Same names for me plus Moura but I accept it will take till end of next summers window to move all of them on

#31 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:38

Foyth
KWP
CCV
Aurier
Rose
Sissoko
Winks
Gedson cancel
Lamela

Yep good list mate
Although Im a fan of Winks and think he has a place in our squad for sure

#32 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 August 2020 - 04:47

Apparently we are to make an offer for skriniar next week.

Mourinho views him as vertongens replacement.

& it was only mentioned in the initial article that he can play dm and as fenton quite rightly pointed out he has only played dm the once.

#33 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:48

Foyth
KWP
CCV
Aurier
Rose
Sissoko
Winks
Gedson cancel
Lamela

Good list roger but i am in 2 minds about winks and i think lamela in his role as coming off the bench is acceptable.

KWP i may have kept as rb back up but he,s gone so thats my mind made up on that one.

I know it sounds disrespectful but the rest can get lost.

#34 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:17

View Postfentonroad, on 09 August 2020 - 22:12, said:

Why are people talking that Jose partly wants Skriniar on board to help with defensive midfield? If you follow the logic the only reason for this is as Skriniar is an out and out centre back would be that Jose wants to move Dier back into centre midfield and then we are back to square pegs in round holes.

I can accept a right footed centreback regularly playing on the left side as Liverpool have two right footers and they do the same job. The same with wingers, teams often play them inverted so they can cut in and shoot. Some fullbacks too as it's the same duties but on a different side but can someone name me a regular centreback who can be an effective defensive midfielder? Ledley started in midfield I know but he found his naturally position moving back. Fernandinho moves back at a push but I can't think of a top one that goes from centreback to centremid.

I thought maybe Skriniar has played rightback and could be our missing link there but it's a big no in the fullback experience. Let's be honest a player with the attributes of Milan is not top priority right now. He's a great player and possibly better than what we have in the position, but as three of our centrebacks have just signed new contracts lets sort out our bigger weaknesses before spending time and money getting a new centreback.

If we have room, time and cash after sorting out rightback and backup striker, getting Hojbjerg and selling three of our six existing centre backs then go for it Mr Levy.

Cant disagree with anything you have written here fenton.
By all accounts mourinho doesnt rate davison sanchez and he may well be sold along with foyth and ccv who also are in contention for a cb position.
Verts has gone.
That leaves us toby, dier,& tanganga ! tanganga is the one who may fill in the right back position which would explain why we are looking at skriniar.

#35 User is offline   bohsmart79 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:45

not popular opinion but id like to see sanchez sold on and us the money to get skriniar .sanchez awareness tacklng clumsiness and his awareness to danger are his downfall.theres alwas a mistake in him can see why jose doesn't fancy him.in skriniar toby tanganga dier that central defence sorted.

#36 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:45

All for it after we have sorted right back and back up striker as I said. The same for creative midfielder. I might put left back ahead of centreback and creative midfielder in priority.

#37 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:55

View Postfentonroad, on 16 August 2020 - 11:45, said:

All for it after we have sorted right back and back up striker as I said. The same for creative midfielder. I might put left back ahead of centreback and creative midfielder in priority.

Looking through all the transfer gossip available = (& it is gossip not anything concrete) i cant find anything on us updating the lb or rb positions.

Not even hogwash stuff.

Saw we were interested in Lewis Dunk another cb but apparently chelsea are in for him and thats his preferred move.

Brightons evaluation was 40 mill for a 28 year old player which would shake levy to the bones.

Totally agree with you again but we all know mourinho will build from the back ! whether levy will back him is debatable.

Its very quiet right now.

#38 User is online   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:34

View Postfentonroad, on 16 August 2020 - 11:45, said:

Spot on. RB and back up striker are the most important going into next season to come in and I do put LB above AM as well for what's needed first. Though Cirkin seems highly rated by Jose according to reports

#39 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2020 - 14:47

Rumour going around that a deal for Skriniar is looking very possible with Dele going the other way - might not be a bad bit of business

#40 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 September 2020 - 16:02

Never heard of him but any DM/CB is a very good signing for me.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users