• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Winter Transfer Window 2020

#1 User is offline   SteveB 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 06 October 2020 - 07:26

So far as I can see the winter window will be more of a clearing out than a bringing in.

Unless we can get Rose to go to a Championship club, Bournemouth have evidently made an enquiry, we are stuck with him until his contract is up and he walks away.

We are overloaded in midfield and I cannot see any point in both Sissoko and Winks. If, as has been reported, City want Winks and will pay around £40m then it's a no brainer.

Gazzanaga needs to move on for the sake of his own career, likewise CCV.

Lamela is worth keeping, for his play acting alone and Moura must also be held on to.

The big question for me hangs over Dele. Not sure how this will pan out but one thing is for sure, he will not be among the first names on the team sheet

#2 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2020 - 08:38

View PostSteveB, on 06 October 2020 - 07:26, said:

So far as I can see the winter window will be more of a clearing out than a bringing in.

Unless we can get Rose to give to a Championship club, Bournemouth have evidently made an enquiry, we are stuck with him until his contract is up and he walks away.

We are overloaded in midfield and I cannot see any point in both Sissoko and Winks. If, as has been reported, City want Winks and will pay around £40m then it's a no brainer.

Lamela is worth keeping, for his play acting alone and Moura must also be held on to.

The big question for me hangs over Dele. Not sure how this will pan out but one thing is for sure, he will not be among the first names on the team sheet

I agree, pretty much every player has shown his worth, even Aurier. For me the players walking a tightrope at the moment are Sanchez, Dele, Winks and Sissoko. I've said the latter two are worth keeping but never ever have them on the pitch at the same time. Sanchez really only has his pace going for me over all the other centre backs and if we can secure Skriniar or someone similar I would sell him. Dele as you say is the biggest debate. He now has until January to prove himself and I hope he does as the Euros are next year.

CCV I'm sure will move on to the championship in the ext two weeks as will Clarke. I'm baffled by Rose and Gazzaniga not moving on though as they need to be playing in the top division.

#3 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:55

View PostSteveB, on 06 October 2020 - 07:26, said:

Unless we can get Rose to give to a Championship club, Bournemouth have evidently made an enquiry, we are stuck with him until his contract is up and he walks away.

I'm not sure that we've been very fair to Rose who has been an outstanding servant to the club. When he has been outspoken he has only said what most of us fans have been feeling and thinking. I know he hasn't been given a squad number but is he training with the main players or have they shoved him onto the kids?

Rose could still do a reasonable job for someone even if he dropped a division. There's no reason the club should treat him like a bloody leper. He doesn't deserve that. Besides, he always knew that when a player gets to a certain age at Spurs he will be discarded

I don't think Jose will get rid of Sissoko. It's true he's weak in the last third but we have plenty of attacking players to make up for that. The Big Moose is tough, fast, and has plenty of muscle. When it comes to work-rate he ALWAYS puts in a shift which Dele doesn't.

Sissoko won't always get in the first team but there's no reason why he can't be a decent squad player. We have a lot of games coming up and I will be surprised if Jose gets rid of Winks or Sissoko.

#4 User is offline   SteveB 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2020 - 10:07

I tend to agree about Rose. He may well not be top notch these days but I am sure he could do a great job at a top championship side. Whether he has the balls for a relegation flight somewhere like Fulhan - who knows.

I can see no reason for keeping both Sissoko and Winks. To me Sissoko has a much better engine than Winks and of the two I would keep him. The only reason I can see for keeping Winks is the fact that he is home grown. Is that sufficient reason to keep him tho ?

#5 User is offline   superspurs1981 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2020 - 10:08

Danny rose has been a great servant to the club - loves him from the moment he smashed that goal against arsenal!! He always made me nervous as he always had a mistake in him but he did the best for our club.

He has obviously fallen out with levy and his time with us is finished, sport/football is extremely cruel he is now treated by the club as yesterday’s man and just one to be discarded, that must hurt him.

He has also mentioned his struggles with mental health - for all the money they earn I can only imagine how it affects them mentally. I wish him the best hope he finds another top club to play for and end his career on a high - he gave his all for us over the years

#6 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 06 October 2020 - 15:45

he,s been very honest and open, and for younger players such vast sums of money can be problomatic thats for sure, like you I wish him well.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#7 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2020 - 00:59

View PostLonspurs, on 06 October 2020 - 09:55, said:

I'm not sure that we've been very fair to Rose who has been an outstanding servant to the club. When he has been outspoken he has only said what most of us fans have been feeling and thinking. I know he hasn't been given a squad number but is he training with the main players or have they shoved him onto the kids?

Rose could still do a reasonable job for someone even if he dropped a division. There's no reason the club should treat him like a bloody leper. He doesn't deserve that. Besides, he always knew that when a player gets to a certain age at Spurs he will be discarded

I don't think Jose will get rid of Sissoko. It's true he's weak in the last third but we have plenty of attacking players to make up for that. The Big Moose is tough, fast, and has plenty of muscle. When it comes to work-rate he ALWAYS puts in a shift which Dele doesn't.

Sissoko won't always get in the first team but there's no reason why he can't be a decent squad player. We have a lot of games coming up and I will be surprised if Jose gets rid of Winks or Sissoko.

Agree that rose has been badly treated by the club but why has no one come in for him ?

To be honest i captained a team in another sport and i had to pick the match day players and it fcking annoyed me when certain players told me they expected to be chosen.
Instead of confronting mourinho he should have kept his head down! worked hard and made it impossible not to be selected.

#8 User is offline   SteveB 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:00

I really think all the signs are there for a Dele departure in January. At the moment, the boy's confidence is shot to bits and he cannot be considered for even a place on the bench let alone the starting line up. Dele has the talent, he has it in spades, but it is simply not working for him. Unlike Winks, however, he does have the ability and just needs a new start away from the Prem.

#9 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 31 October 2020 - 13:00

Is there a slightest possibility he has peaked? I mean you look at his playr 18/24 months ago he tried some audacious things and it often paid off, but all that sort of play seems to have gone, and at times he looks totally lost whats your view?

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#10 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 01 November 2020 - 02:21

SteveB, on 31 October 2020 - 12:00, said:

I really think all the signs are there for a Dele departure in January. At the moment, the boy's confidence is shot to bits and he cannot be considered for even a place on the bench let alone the starting line up. Dele has the talent, he has it in spades, but it is simply not working for him. Unlike Winks, however, he does have the ability and just needs a new start away from the Prem.

I cant see anyone coming in for dele !

........or for that matter sissoko,rose,or bergwijn

#11 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:16

did,nt N,cstle show an interest in Rose?

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#12 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 01 November 2020 - 09:51

View Postjourneyman, on 01 November 2020 - 08:16, said:

did,nt N,cstle show an interest in Rose?

They loaned him but have bought someone in at lb now.

I think they may have been interested but he might be a negative influence in the dressing room.

#13 User is offline   SteveB 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2020 - 13:18

I could see Rose going somewhere like Bournemouth if he was prepared to drop down a division.

I would keep Sissoko since I think he does offer something. Surprise surprise the one I would get rid of is Winks. So far as I can see he stifles all forward movement with his Square pass mentality. To me he brings nothing to the team.

I can see Dele going abroad for a season and that may just be the making of him

#14 User is offline   SteveB 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:37

Just an extra stat on Winks. His breakthrough to the senior team came in November 2016, four years ago. In that time he has made 151 appearances in all competitions, scored two goals and provided two assists.

And some people say we should keep him at the club. FFS why ? As shown above he contributes nothing

#15 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:59

Yep, international break is boring, so here's a question for the coming window and be realistic.

Name one player to get in and one player to get out.

We've done magnificently during the summer window so there is an argument for not bringing anyone in. If we had to bring someone in, for me it's back to the previous chased centreback of Skriniar. It's now the area we need to strengthen most, and he's better than anyone we have.

Regarding departures, Sanchez for me, as we've brought in Rodon already and sooner or later Tanganga will be fit.

#16 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 November 2020 - 16:51

Toby out , give him a proper goodbye instead of seeing him decline.

Stefan de Vrij in.
In the Dutch team people always talk about de ligt and van dijk, however this lad was named best defender in serie a last year, will fill a gap for 4 to 5 years in our defence and is quality.

#17 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 12 November 2020 - 18:38

I will happily settle for that. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#18 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 November 2020 - 20:03

Thing is he’s 29 in three months and will cost a lot

#19 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2020 - 20:37

Dele out and use the money to buy ward-prowse.

#20 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2020 - 21:30

View PostChrisPienaar, on 12 November 2020 - 20:37, said:

Dele out and use the money to buy ward-prowse.

Ooooohh controversial but I kind of like the sound of that

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users