#22 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 13 November 2020 - 19:01

View PostSpursDan, on 12 November 2020 - 21:32, said:

Lo Celso Ward-Prowse Hojbjerg Ndombele Winks Sissoko

Thatís real quality midfield options

Think ward-prowse brings something else. His set piece ability is a game changer. Imagine a match where you are battling away and canít break down a defence and he whips one into the top corner or onto someoneís head. We havenít had dead ball quality like that since Eriksen early years.

#23 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 13 November 2020 - 22:19

View PostChrisPienaar, on 13 November 2020 - 19:01, said:

Think ward-prowse brings something else. His set piece ability is a game changer. Imagine a match where you are battling away and canít break down a defence and he whips one into the top corner or onto someoneís head. We havenít had dead ball quality like that since Eriksen early years.

True but Bale used to hit quite a mean free kick. Let's see if he can still produce them

#24 User is online   superspurs1981 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2020 - 22:31

Ward Prowse is a decent player - but really?? Heís 26 years old and an ok performer who can hit a free kick now and then, heís nowhere near Eriksenís class

Good professional that ward Prowse is...

Think we are a club who is looking a bit higher in our aspirations

#25 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2020 - 00:47

A few rumours doing the rounds.

Everton may be interested in 3 spurs players = winks, dele and gazzaniga.

While we are looking at szoboszlai of red bull salzburg but so are the gooners so we need to get in there quick.

Might suit levy that his release clause is approx £23 mill but apparently we will have to sell some unwanted players first which could cost us the signing.

#26 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:21

View Postsuperspurs1981, on 13 November 2020 - 22:31, said:

Ward Prowse is a decent player - but really?? Heís 26 years old and an ok performer who can hit a free kick now and then, heís nowhere near Eriksenís class

Good professional that ward Prowse is...

Think we are a club who is looking a bit higher in our aspirations

I think Ward Prowse is quality. Iíd prefer him to Winks. Probably Lo Celso too if we had spare change
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#27 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 December 2020 - 11:57

I think we need to look at our best eleven and back ups

Hugo-Hart-Whiteman, surplus Gazzaniga
Aurier-Doherty
Dier-Tanganga surplus: Sanchez
Toby-Rodon
Reguillon-Davies surplus: Rose
Hojbjerg-Winks
Sissoko-Dele
Ndombele-Lo Celso surplus: Gedson
Son-Bale/Lamela
Bergwijn-Moura/ Clarke
Kane-Vinicius

Of the ones on loan: Sessegnon, Skipp, Parrott surplus: Carter-Vickers, Foyth

Winter window would be case of deciding whether to get Skriniar as I see it or risk missing out on him in the summer. The rest is all departures whether permanent for Rose, Gazza, Sanchez or loans for the likes of Dele or Winks to get regular football to aide their selection for the Euros.

Worst case scenario is at end of season Gedson, Vinicius, Bale and Reguillon (buy back clause) return to thier clubs. Maybe Sessegnon can return to fill the void left by Reggie by then and/ or the void left by Bale? Skipp will be a year of football down the line and made as the perfect rotation for PEH. Parrott probably needs more time in the Championship so we could be searching for another backup striker?

#28 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 December 2020 - 16:11

View Postfentonroad, on 07 December 2020 - 11:57, said:

I think we need to look at our best eleven and back ups

Hugo-Hart-Whiteman, surplus Gazzaniga
Aurier-Doherty
Dier-Tanganga surplus: Sanchez
Toby-Rodon
Reguillon-Davies surplus: Rose
Hojbjerg-Winks
Sissoko-Dele
Ndombele-Lo Celso surplus: Gedson
Son-Bale/Lamela
Bergwijn-Moura/ Clarke
Kane-Vinicius

Of the ones on loan: Sessegnon, Skipp, Parrott surplus: Carter-Vickers, Foyth

Winter window would be case of deciding whether to get Skriniar as I see it or risk missing out on him in the summer. The rest is all departures whether permanent for Rose, Gazza, Sanchez or loans for the likes of Dele or Winks to get regular football to aide their selection for the Euros.

Worst case scenario is at end of season Gedson, Vinicius, Bale and Reguillon (buy back clause) return to thier clubs. Maybe Sessegnon can return to fill the void left by Reggie by then and/ or the void left by Bale? Skipp will be a year of football down the line and made as the perfect rotation for PEH. Parrott probably needs more time in the Championship so we could be searching for another backup striker?

Spot on post fent just one change and hope i am wrong.
Gazzaniga is better than hart but as i said i hope last weeks performance vs lask was due to rustiness for hart.

#29 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 December 2020 - 17:13

I think in general the right way to go about it is the way Jose is generally doing it. Having a league team and a midweek/ cup team. It enables pretty much everyone to get game time on a regular basis and maintain a happy camp.

Does anyone think we can actually manage to sign Vinicius? Will the player be happy playing second fiddle to Harry and was there a pre agreed price when we took him on loan?

#30 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:34

Does anyone think we don't see to bring anyone in during the winter window?

With the post lockdown resurgence of Dier and Toby at centreback and having the tightest defence in the league do we need to immediately strengthen? Tanganga and Rodon can be the future so I'm not even sure about the summer as I think we have another good 18 months of Toby (same with Hugo) and then he will be 33. Dier is only 26 and as good as any English centreback right now.

Difficult seeing where we can strengthen short term as our summer window was so good.

#31 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 December 2020 - 12:53

View Postfentonroad, on 08 December 2020 - 12:34, said:

With the post lockdown resurgence of Dier and Toby at centreback and having the tightest defence in the league do we need to immediately strengthen? Tanganga and Rodon can be the future so I'm not even sure about the summer as I think we have another good 18 months of Toby (same with Hugo) and then he will be 33. Dier is only 26 and as good as any English centreback right now.

Difficult seeing where we can strengthen short term as our summer window was so good.

Think so fent! as you say tanganga and rodon are the future but if toby is crocked ( & theres h*ll of a fixture list coming up ) then we are boogered!

Should we go back for skriniar bearing in mind inter are as hard to deal with as the eu ?

We also need to think about hojbjerg as he,s made such a difference ! you cant just have one defence minded midfielder available ! you need cover by likewise for the position.

I think jose will have levy looking at options in the jan transfer window but we wont see much happening until the last few days of january.

Its more cat "n" mouse than tom & jerry.

Just wonder if anyone could see lamela doing a dm job for us if pushed.

He has a lot of tenacity about his game.

#32 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 December 2020 - 14:09

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 08 December 2020 - 12:53, said:

Think so fent! as you say tanganga and rodon are the future but if toby is crocked ( & theres h*ll of a fixture list coming up ) then we are boogered!

Should we go back for skriniar bearing in mind inter are as hard to deal with as the eu ?

We also need to think about hojbjerg as he,s made such a difference ! you cant just have one defence minded midfielder available ! you need cover by likewise for the position.

I think jose will have levy looking at options in the jan transfer window but we wont see much happening until the last few days of january.

Its more cat "n" mouse than tom & jerry.

Just wonder if anyone could see lamela doing a dm job for us if pushed.

He has a lot of tenacity about his game.

I can possibly see Lamela doing Sissoko's role but not PEH's.

Probably a case of suck it and see once the window opens in January. If we can come through Christmas unscathed and sitting near the top, then if it's not broken don't fix it. I remember Newcastle doing exactly that and it upset the apple cart and they lost the title.

If we can avoid defeat away to Liverpool (being optimistic as this on paper is the toughest fixture in the prem) and win 3 of the other 4 league games in December we should be there or there abouts. No doubt there will be a bad day at the office performance wise or injury wise sometime but I for one hope we can cope with our current squad. The squad is pretty sharp throughout at present (my only concern is that Winks and Dele aren't getting much) and a win v Stoke in the league cup would be more of a priority than beating Antwerp on Thursday.

What would be great is still being in contention with our squad in the Prem and Europa League after winning the league cup. Yes the FA Cup would be nice but I'm not greedy.

#33 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 08 December 2020 - 19:08

All depends on price, fairly sure if a big enough offer came in for Winks or Delle (and someone had tapped them up) we'd sell if the player wanted to leave.

Maybe dependant on sales, but if Mourinho has a list and one of those targets was available for much cheapness, Levy would sanction it.

Vinne I believe has a fee mentioned that is fairly high, £38M springs to mind, but not sure about that

Bale would need to be free, but he will probably do a Walcott and have a fortnight of brilliance right at the end of his loan contract.

#34 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 December 2020 - 19:26

View Postfentonroad, on 08 December 2020 - 12:34, said:

Jose does not really have faith in Dier and Toby because since the Westham game we have gone ultra defensive with Sissoko and Højbjerg being crucial to how we defend as a team.

#35 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:13

Being linked with Franck Kessie dm of ac milan but interestingly alasdair gold reckons skipp is the future partnet for hojbjerg and that we should concentrate on getting in another cb with toby not getting any younger.

The players happy in italy but also a ton of clubs are looking at him.

#36 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 December 2020 - 23:15

What do we need in January? Few opinions Iíve HEARD FROM other fans so far:

A top class CB - Skriniar

A ball playing midfielder - Ward Prowse

A playmaker/creator - Coutinho

Another top class attacker to help Kane and Son - Dybala

These names are just examples of players in those positions and not actual targets.

Personally Iím not sure....I feel that Jose doesnít trust our defence to be exposed so he is playing Sissoko as cover all the time? So if we had Skrinier he could stick a baller in midfield alongside Hojbjerg rather than run around Sissoko with no end product

#37 User is offline   aussiespur 

• Trainee
  • PipPip

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:07

If Son and Kane are held, who else can hit the scoreboard?? Bergwyn Moura Lo Celso ... not really likely. I'd rather give Dele another goal, at least he knows how to score

#38 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:03

View PostSpursDan, on 20 December 2020 - 23:15, said:

What do we need in January? Few opinions I’ve HEARD FROM other fans so far:

A top class CB - Skriniar

A ball playing midfielder - Ward Prowse

A playmaker/creator - Coutinho

These names are just examples of players in those positions and not actual targets.

Personally I’m not sure....I feel that Jose doesn’t trust our defence to be exposed so he is playing Sissoko as cover all the time? So if we had Skrinier he could stick a baller in midfield alongside Hojbjerg rather than run around Sissoko with no end product

I don't think the issue isn't all about new players. A lot of the recent problems can be rectified with in house solutions. With regards to what we need:

A top class centreback - Skriniar.
Up until recently we had the best defence in the prem, and a lot of the goals we have let in were the fault of players other than the centre backs.
Lask: 2 Hart clangers, can't remember the other.
Palace: Hugo clanger, silly free kick given away
Livepool: flukey deflection, Henderson barge.
Leicester: 2019 Serge, Lazy Sissoko not covering.

A ball playing midfielder - Ward Prowse and a A playmaker/creator - Coutinho.
This needs to be addressed as one as I see it, and with Sissoko in the side there is not the room for one. It should be PEH, one of Gio/ Tanguy and someone who has the brains to move the ball forward. Sadly Winks has proven over four years he cannot do this and the only one that can is Dele, hopefully he might get a chance v Stoke? Until Jose stops using Sissoko to stifle we can't fit one in.

He would have to play out wide most of the time in Jose's 433 setup, he hasn't ever played the cm role. Yes he's younger than Bale but he's not a worker. We have Moura, Bergwijn and Bale at the moment and that should be enough.

Bottom line to it all is to improve the creative/ passing game in the middle which means Sissoko out, Dele in if we aren't going to buy anyone. This should help out Kane, Son and the other player in the front 3

Doherty must now be given the chance to be first choice rb as I just can't forgive what was the most improved player in Serge for such stupidity. He reverted to old Aurier.

Centreback is difficult, but it's time for Skriniar now or never. As you say it might help with the removal of Sissoko.

#39 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:16

View Postfentonroad, on 21 December 2020 - 12:03, said:

I don't think the issue isn't all about new players. A lot of the recent problems can be rectified with in house solutions. With regards to what we need:

A top class centreback - Skriniar.
Up until recently we had the best defence in the prem, and a lot of the goals we have let in were the fault of players other than the centre backs.
Lask: 2 Hart clangers, can't remember the other.
Palace: Hugo clanger, silly free kick given away
Livepool: flukey deflection, Henderson barge.
Leicester: 2019 Serge, Lazy Sissoko not covering.

A ball playing midfielder - Ward Prowse and a A playmaker/creator - Coutinho.
This needs to be addressed as one as I see it, and with Sissoko in the side there is not the room for one. It should be PEH, one of Gio/ Tanguy and someone who has the brains to move the ball forward. Sadly Winks has proven over four years he cannot do this and the only one that can is Dele, hopefully he might get a chance v Stoke? Until Jose stops using Sissoko to stifle we can't fit one in.

He would have to play out wide most of the time in Jose's 433 setup, he hasn't ever played the cm role. Yes he's younger than Bale but he's not a worker. We have Moura, Bergwijn and Bale at the moment and that should be enough.

Bottom line to it all is to improve the creative/ passing game in the middle which means Sissoko out, Dele in if we aren't going to buy anyone. This should help out Kane, Son and the other player in the front 3

Doherty must now be given the chance to be first choice rb as I just can't forgive what was the most improved player in Serge for such stupidity. He reverted to old Aurier.

Centreback is difficult, but it's time for Skriniar now or never. As you say it might help with the removal of Sissoko.

Fentonroad don't you think our defenders are not good enough is the reason why Jose has been ultra defensive with his setup. Since the Westham game we have become more pragmatic in the way we play which is taken away some of our attacking threat because the likes of Bergwijn and Son are playing more like wingbacks now.

#40 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 December 2020 - 14:01

View PostSpurs scout, on 21 December 2020 - 12:16, said:

Fentonroad don't you think our defenders are not good enough is the reason why Jose has been ultra defensive with his setup. Since the Westham game we have become more pragmatic in the way we play which is taken away some of our attacking threat because the likes of Bergwijn and Son are playing more like wingbacks now.

If improving the defence, whether I rate them or not, would mean losing Sissoko in the middle I would do it like a shot.If that was the case I would buy one player, Skriniar. Everyone says he's a great all rounder and better than the average player centre back on the ball. That's my only gripe with Dier/ Toby, they generally just do hopeful long pings.

I said it when we bought Gio and Tanguy, they are the same player, dribblers and half decent disrupters, both better than Moussa and Winks. However penetrative passing is not their game and that's also where Winks falls down. The only player capable in the current squad to play that role is Dele who can also hit them from distance like a Lampard.

Since Dembele left our centre mid has not been right and although we have addresses some aspects of it in PEH, now that Eriksen is gone the passing has evaporated. Right now I would even take Christian or Modric in the middle to partner PEH and Tanguy if we could get Skriniar.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users