• You cannot reply to this topic

Winter Transfer Window 2020

#41 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 December 2020 - 19:13

View Postfentonroad, on 21 December 2020 - 14:01, said:

If improving the defence, whether I rate them or not, would mean losing Sissoko in the middle I would do it like a shot.If that was the case I would buy one player, Skriniar. Everyone says he's a great all rounder and better than the average player centre back on the ball. That's my only gripe with Dier/ Toby, they generally just do hopeful long pings.

I said it when we bought Gio and Tanguy, they are the same player, dribblers and half decent disrupters, both better than Moussa and Winks. However penetrative passing is not their game and that's also where Winks falls down. The only player capable in the current squad to play that role is Dele who can also hit them from distance like a Lampard.

Since Dembele left our centre mid has not been right and although we have addresses some aspects of it in PEH, now that Eriksen is gone the passing has evaporated. Right now I would even take Christian or Modric in the middle to partner PEH and Tanguy if we could get Skriniar.

SPOT ON. Christian or Modders in the middle would substantially alter things. Skriniar would be great but it depends on who we can sell. If we had still been top of the league it might have provoked Levy in January but now I have my doubts.

#42 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 23 December 2020 - 16:31

View PostLonspurs, on 21 December 2020 - 19:13, said:

SPOT ON. Christian or Modders in the middle would substantially alter things. Skriniar would be great but it depends on who we can sell. If we had still been top of the league it might have provoked Levy in January but now I have my doubts.

You want to bring back one of two players who basically refused to play so they could force a move out of the club. Havent we learnt a lesson by bringing Bale back ?

#43 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 December 2020 - 16:49

View PostSteveB, on 23 December 2020 - 16:31, said:

You want to bring back one of two players who basically refused to play so they could force a move out of the club. Havent we learnt a lesson by bringing Bale back ?

I think we're just saying both would be a better option than Sissoko SteveB. I for one would like Dele to fill the role and he's be given an opportunity tonight. Let's hope he has a blinder and forces his way into the first choice 11 on a regular basis. If he screws up tonight it's over for our swaggering maverick.

#44 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 24 December 2020 - 07:11

Agree, if someone is available as we know they are either one of those mentioned would be better, but before being brought in they would have it drilled into them that they are here to play for "The Club" and not the name on the back of the shirt.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#45 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 December 2020 - 05:35

Looks like it might be an interesting window with the mail reporting that poch is psg's new coach.

Rumours abound that he may raid spurs for some of his old players like dele and aurier is open to going back there.
Eriksen could leave inter for psg so it looks like a spurs old boys reunion over there.

We have apparently made an offer for marcel sabitzer of leipzig & still retain interest in skrinier.

#46 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:24

All reports seem to say Sabitzer doesn't work hard without the ball which is a trait that Jose insists upon. He doesn't appear to be a Mourinho type player even more so than Dele.

#47 User is online   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2020 - 13:27

Without a doubt Poch will sign Dele or Eriksen or both

#48 User is offline   electricpace 

• Club Captain

Posted 28 December 2020 - 14:55

View Postfentonroad, on 28 December 2020 - 12:24, said:

All reports seem to say Sabitzer doesn't work hard without the ball which is a trait that Jose insists upon. He doesn't appear to be a Mourinho type player even more so than Dele.

Then you can forget Dybala talk too , players like these arenít Jose workhorses .

#49 User is online   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:57

Any murmurings going on guys??? Iím expecting things to be very quiet from us, perhaps 2/3 out the door and thatís it

#50 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 January 2021 - 12:27

View PostSpursDan, on 02 January 2021 - 09:57, said:

Any murmurings going on guys??? Iím expecting things to be very quiet from us, perhaps 2/3 out the door and thatís it

Heard we are interested in Sam Johnstone wba keeper so could be pochettino wants Lloris.

Apart from that jose has said he wont be bothering levy about new recruits in this window.

#51 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 January 2021 - 17:13

Our squad is too big. We need to sell to buy and there's not much value in our deadwood.

I suspect Dele, Rose and Gazza to be gone by end of the window with Dele a loan. Maybe 2 come in but wouldn't hold my breath on it.

#52 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 02 January 2021 - 17:40

View Posttomtom, on 02 January 2021 - 17:13, said:

Our squad is too big. We need to sell to buy and there's not much value in our deadwood.

I suspect Dele, Rose and Gazza to be gone by end of the window with Dele a loan. Maybe 2 come in but wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Yep. lazy journalism links Lloris to Poch to PSG, might have some legs, but doubt if it happens in Jan.

Financially it would appeal to Levy, but the article linked us to WBA keeper who just happens to have had a good game that week. It also mentioned Pool's young keeper called Henderson.

Anyway totally unreliable source ...........The Daily Fail.

#53 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 January 2021 - 01:12

View Posttomtom, on 02 January 2021 - 17:13, said:

Jose repeated he doesnt want any new signings.

Dont know about outgoing players although rose is sticking by his word of running down his contract and then looking at all possibilities but i cant see any club offering him any where near the £65 k per week he gets from spurs.....! so why would he leave ?

You can go back to that infamous sun newspaper article when he announced that = " he knows he's worth a lot more than he gets at spurs " and have a good laugh.

Gazza is better than hart but we do things in a funny way at spurs so yes possibly he will leave.

Contrary to what many think maybe jose is trying with dele ! he was on the bench at leeds .

Would really like to see the lad get some vestige of form back.

#54 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 03 January 2021 - 16:34

out goings, maybe Locelso, Ndombele!!
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#55 User is offline   electricpace 

• Club Captain

Posted 03 January 2021 - 16:42

View Postjourneyman, on 03 January 2021 - 16:34, said:

out goings, maybe Locelso, Ndombele!!

Wouldnít be a complete shock as both were Poch signings . Ndombele stomping off as sub yesterday may be a sign something is wrong too.

#56 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 January 2021 - 17:57

Really like jack Harrison from Leeds

#57 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 January 2021 - 18:20

Right now where is our weakest position in the first choice 11? That's where we should be targeting.

Hugo, Doherty, Reggie, PEH, Tanguy, Kane and Son are bankers and/or have come in this season and won't be replaced so soon.

It's whether we can buy a better centre back than Dier/ Toby (who are generally playing well), a better partner for PEH instead of Winks/ Sissoko/ Dele, or a better winger than Bergwijn/ Bale/ Moura. Maybe Sabitzer can cover the two latter options but he's not a hard worker like Winks, Sissoko, Bergwijn or Moura which makes me feel Jose wouldn't want him.

#58 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 03 January 2021 - 18:32

Think something might be happening with Lamela. Don't know if it's an injury or being sold. Alasdair Gold alluded to some thing happening but wasn't allowed to speak on it currently

#59 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:05

View Postaramak, on 03 January 2021 - 18:32, said:

Think something might be happening with Lamela. Don't know if it's an injury or being sold. Alasdair Gold alluded to some thing happening but wasn't allowed to speak on it currently

He wont play against brenford because he broke corona virus tier 4 restrictions.

I suppose that means lo celso and reggy have to sit out some games also but lo celso is injured anyway.

#60 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:17

Being loosely associated with david alaba (cb) of bayern but looks like real madrid are offering him £200,000 per week when his contract is up this june.

Liverpool & man utd are also interested apparently.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users