Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

paying extra

#1 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:19

what are the views of those with sky, bt, amazon etc or what ever you watch matches on, as to paying extra for matches, the figure of £14.99 is generally being muted. organisations are saying fans are up in arms about it, the solution is simple DONT PAY, I SURE AS h*ll WOULDNT, NOR WILL I.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#2 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 14 October 2020 - 17:20

View Postjourneyman, on 11 October 2020 - 06:19, said:

what are the views of those with sky, bt, amazon etc or what ever you watch matches on, as to paying extra for matches, the figure of £14.99 is generally being muted. organisations are saying fans are up in arms about it, the solution is simple DONT PAY, I SURE AS h*ll WOULDNT, NOR WILL I.

Journo, if you do not already subscribe to a provider then £14.99 is a reasonable one-off payment imo. However, for those of us that do subscribe, then this sudden ‘extra cost’ is hard to take.... but, not all games were covered pre-COVID, and since the resumption of football we have got used to all of the matches being covered live. We shouldn’t be surprised that this ‘free’ airing would stop. What I hope is that the broadcasters are not cynical and decide to put a cost on the tastiest matches (which they would have elected to broadcast in normal times) - WBA v Palace for free, but a £14.99 fee for Spurs v Woolwich kind of stitch up.

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 14 October 2020 - 17:49

good post mate totally see where you are coming from. I personally had sky for 16 years but kept getting billed for stuff Id never had so got rid for about 3 years, but went pack to them last year.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#4 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:48

Just google Reddit soccerstreams and have every match in 1080p for free journo ;)

Do you also have to pay separately for national and international comps? Or does sky cover everything? In the Netherlands we have fox (eredivisie) and Ziggo/Vodafone for PL...

#5 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:17

Thank you for that, information, what I can see with sky sports they cover a lot of things, once you pay your monthly subscription, you can watch what ever sport is being shown, somethings they call "Box Office" IE certain boxing matches, you pay for those but I never have watched.

I have to admit I do not know to much in fact very little about streaming. I think this about paying extra for some matches is done by the individual clubs because loss of revenue caused by the virus. i think that probably there are a lot like me that feel you pay a monthly subscription for a sports channel you then shouldnt have to pay extra to watch a game. Sky show a fair bit of football, there could be any ammount of games on but I will not watch them kust because they are on as an example the last match I watched on sky sport was Spurs v Man u.
Thanks for the Reddit link also greatly appreciated, will use that when Spurs not on sky.

There is as well Bt sport, some people have both , now seemingly there is amazon!!

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users