• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ward prowse

#1 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 02 November 2020 - 17:36

This guy belongs in a top 4 side. Id love him at Spurs - massive upgrade on winks

#2 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2020 - 17:41

A plank of wood would be an upgrade on Winks - 151 appearances, 2 goals and 2 assists in the last four years. Ward-Prowse 2 goals and one assist in the last week - says it all

#3 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 November 2020 - 17:56

f***ing h*ll people are h*ll bent on blaming winks for everything. Hes not a player that will get you goals or assists, theres no point in stating those stats. Would you look at Hojbergs or sissokos goals/assists???

Winks is a defensive mid and can do a job, sure hes not the best we can do which is why hoj has been a huge upgrade but hes not as terrible as people make him out to be. I think we could do much worse in terms of a squad player.

Onto ward-prowse, been a big fan of him for a long time. His ability from a set piece is probably the best in the league. Would be a fantastic addition but would not be a replacement for winks. He would play instead of Ndombele perhaps. Hes cost an absolute bomb though due to his being English.

#4 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:22

View PostChrisPienaar, on 02 November 2020 - 17:56, said:

f***ing h*ll people are h*ll bent on blaming winks for everything. Hes not a player that will get you goals or assists, theres no point in stating those stats. Would you look at Hojbergs or sissokos goals/assists???

Winks is a defensive mid and can do a job, sure hes not the best we can do which is why hoj has been a huge upgrade but hes not as terrible as people make him out to be. I think we could do much worse in terms of a squad player.

Onto ward-prowse, been a big fan of him for a long time. His ability from a set piece is probably the best in the league. Would be a fantastic addition but would not be a replacement for winks. He would play instead of Ndombele perhaps. Hes cost an absolute bomb though due to his being English.

Agreed.
Also winksy is spurs in his veins. He'd rather cut of his own leg then loose points for spurs. we've had other midfielders in recent years..

#5 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:15

View PostChrisPienaar, on 02 November 2020 - 17:56, said:

Its hard to see what role winks plays to be honest so i do get the criticism of him although i remain neutral on a true assessment of the player.

If he,s a dm then he should get noticed more in the way like hojdjerg does.

I personally dont get the point of sissoko and never have but he does put in important tackles and then you realise why he is picked !

Some players just dont get seen in what they actually do.

When i was a kid i wondered why bobby moore was held in such high esteem and then i concentrated on what he did for emgland and realised what an excellent sweeper he was.

#6 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 November 2020 - 11:26

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 03 November 2020 - 06:15, said:

Its hard to see what role winks plays to be honest so i do get the criticism of him although i remain neutral on a true assessment of the player.

If he,s a dm then he should get noticed more in the way like hojdjerg does.

I personally dont get the point of sissoko and never have but he does put in important tackles and then you realise why he is picked !

Some players just dont get seen in what they actually do.

When i was a kid i wondered why bobby moore was held in such high esteem and then i concentrated on what he did for emgland and realised what an excellent sweeper he was.

Hojberg is essentially a much better version of winks. Thats why he starts and has become IMO our most influential player. But to say winks is cr@p because of his goal and assists would be like saying lloris is cr@p because hes never scored 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Sure winks is maybe not a top top player but as a squad player Id have him all day long. Winks is great at getting in peoples faces and covering different areas of the pitch. Where he is lacking and what he gets done for is progressing the play forward. He struggles to get the ball forward and that is where hoj excels.

#7 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:20

View PostSpursDan, on 02 November 2020 - 17:36, said:

This guy belongs in a top 4 side. Id love him at Spurs - massive upgrade on winks

Agree dan ! + add lamptey to our wanted list also.

#8 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 03 November 2020 - 13:19

I see there are a few foreign clubs now looking at Lamptey.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#9 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:55

My problem with Winks is not so much the fact that he does not score or even that he he does not do much in assists. It is simply that his distribution of the ball is awful. These tippy tappy five yard passes that go either sideways or backwards achieve very little. No body expects him to see a pass like Modric or Erikksen did but with what he does any forward momentum that we have is instantly stifled when the ball goes to him. Maybe that is the way that he has been told to play but he was the same under Poch. At least Sissoko is able to power run forward even if his distribution and shooting is cr@p

#10 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 04 November 2020 - 10:54

View PostSpursDan, on 02 November 2020 - 17:36, said:

We have a good relationship with southampton and i think if we could move someone on as we did kwp then we could get ward prowse.

Wonder if they would want dele ?

#11 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 04 November 2020 - 13:10

I think Winks is the ideal player to bring on to close games out, but that's about it and shouldn't be compared to WP.

Yes we all see he is not a ball winner like PEH but he looks after the ball which is more than Sissoko does. Moussa when he has the ball at his feet is useless compared to the level of the rest of the squad. Winks is not however, albeit his game is passing sideways and backwards, in general he rarely gives the ball away. I have high hopes for Skipp when he comes back from Norwich. My mates say he's dominating their and he's only a kid. Perfect rotation partner to have with PEH in the future.

Ward Prowse is a half dozen of goals and assists a season type of player. Yes that's more than Winks has done in his entire career but I think if we went after him maybe that would be the final nail in Dele's spurs career. Both have played around 300 games but Dele has 3 times more goals and twice as many assists. If you just base it on last season which was poor by Dele's standards, Dele has 9 goals and 6 assists, Ward-Prowse has five of each.

The thing Ward-Prowse has over the likes of Dele is that he's at a relatively small club so gets constant football to get match sharp. We've all seen good player's form dip when they're not playing, Scott Parker at Chelsea a prime example. When he moved on and got regular football he turned back into the class midfielder that he was. Bale will probably be the same, as would Bergwijn, and hopefully Dele. Lamela is a different kettle of fish as he's to used to being injured and unavailable so he produces the same whenever called upon.

The question is how long do you persist with players like Dele if they don't produce when they are called upon? Ward-Prowse will be rotated if he came to us

#12 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2021 - 19:55

Imagine a midfield of:

Ward-Prowse Hojbjerg Ndombele

A destroyer, a baller and a skilful creator who can beat players with ease

#13 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2021 - 22:31

I think Alli is able to do a better job then WP.

#14 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2021 - 22:54

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 06 February 2021 - 22:31, said:

I think Alli is able to do a better job then WP.

They are completely different players, if anything ward prowse would make dele a better player because of his dead ball delivery.

#15 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2021 - 10:40

Good player with world class dead ball quality but theres better gettable players that would suit us more imo

Personally Id prefer to see someone like neves from wolves working alongside hojeberg has more class in general play & in tight areas than wp & like wp is top notch in dead ball situations & pretty sure is younger.

Saying that wp is undoubtedly the best set piece taker in PL

#16 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 07 February 2021 - 12:01

Average having a good season.thats all.

Every year theres a stand out player usually a forward that everyone screams 'sign him sign him '

#17 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2021 - 12:28

Its a no from me .

#18 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2021 - 14:23

Know a couple Soton fans who dont rate him that highly. Tend to trust people who watch him every week rather than just when hes highlighted on MOTD

#19 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2021 - 16:09

View PostSpursDan, on 06 February 2021 - 19:55, said:

Imagine a midfield of:

Ward-Prowse Hojbjerg Ndombele

A destroyer, a baller and a skilful creator who can beat players with ease

He is a set piece king probably the best in the world but his overall game is no better than Harry Winks. Jose needs to find a way to get Dele onside because they is not many goal scoring midfielders like him who can create and score goals.

#20 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2021 - 16:20

View Posttomtom, on 07 February 2021 - 14:23, said:

Know a couple Soton fans who dont rate him that highly. Tend to trust people who watch him every week rather than just when hes highlighted on MOTD

Its weird as I work with a lot of saints fans and they rated him more than hoj.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users