• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

USA Election

#1 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:21

I personally not to bothered and to be honest I did,nt mind Trump, bit of a loose cannon (like Boris really) only difference is trump far more intelligent than Boris. I would have like to see him win another term.
Biden is not as warm towards us as maybe some other presidents have been, all he cares about is the good friday agreement but i=his Irish ancestary is so far removed, and I think at his age its far to old to be entering a 4 year term of president, so no not struck on him, but who knows. what do others think.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#2 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:45

journeyman, on 09 November 2020 - 07:21, said:

I personally not to bothered and to be honest I did,nt mind Trump, bit of a loose cannon (like Boris really) only difference is trump far more intelligent than Boris. I would have like to see him win another term.
Biden is not as warm towards us as maybe some other presidents have been, all he cares about is the good friday agreement but i=his Irish ancestary is so far removed, and I think at his age its far to old to be entering a 4 year term of president, so no not struck on him, but who knows. what do others think.

Well its a bit worrying because it sounds like the eu were wanting him to win big time because they couldnt deal with trump & biden is pro eu.

Some noises coming out from bidens team that we must accept & sign up to a deal with the eu asap.

Also remarks about the democrats not forgetting that johnson was a trump ally and a "shapeshifting creep " bit playground stuff coming from obama's former adviser ! and of course the usual racist stuff quoting johnson from as long ago as the 1990s.

My message to them would be to keep their noses out from our politics and dont tell us to give in to the bullying eu.

Where i stood on brexit was that it was best to have a united europe of 28 member states but the problem was / is the eu itself.

Even eu mep's question why camerons requests were kicked into touch leading to him to calling the referendum of 2016.

However i would suspect a deal will be done with just the level playing field, state subsidies & fishing access to agree to.

Funny barnier has admitted uk fishing quota's have to increase and the eu's decrease to some degree but why didnt they address this issue when we were still members ?

It took a referendum & 4 years to make them shift on this particular issue.

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:47

I dont like Biden already and if he thinks we will do a deal no matter what with the eu just to trade with him then he can fcuk right off.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#4 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 10 November 2020 - 07:32

journeyman, on 09 November 2020 - 12:47, said:

I dont like Biden already and if he thinks we will do a deal no matter what with the eu just to trade with him then he can fcuk right off.

Its a pity the bbc are so biased on the eu & brexit because they arent showing how up to date negotiations are going.

We had wall to wall coverage on the us elections and the trump shenanigans but nothing on brexit.

The eu (barnier) are now resorting to threats unless they get what they want.

They are threatening tariff increases on our exporters unless they get everything they want ! while the french are going to blockade ports to stop the landing of uk caught fish if they are denied access.

They are also aware that the tories were loaned the northern and coastal votes to get eu trawlers out from our waters but insist on access knowing fully well that those very same voters will feel betrayed by johnson and that will be him gone at the next election unless he sticks to his word.

Lovely people and we want to deal with them.

#5 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 10 November 2020 - 14:26

next election boris will be gone and so will the tories I feel.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#6 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 10 November 2020 - 14:54

journeyman, on 10 November 2020 - 14:26, said:

next election boris will be gone and so will the tories I feel.

I would have thought so too.

He got in because people were fed up with brexit but that will soon be a thing of the past.

I think we have to remember that this is bit of a tenderfoot government ! they certainly didnt expect such a massive majority & are getting some things wrong hence all the u turns.

They are actually trying to appeal to all and sundry .

But before i usually cast my vote i always listen to what all political parties have to say for themselves and if they keep their promises afterwards.

Read some bits in the guardian today and some journalist wrote just agree with the eu and sign up to a deal.

FFs they will take us to the cleaners.

They will exploit every opportunity to take us to their ecj if we put a step out of place to enable them to get the lost funds brexit caused.

They will also completely decimate the uk fishing industry if you give them carte blanche.

Macron is running these negotiations on behalf of the french fishing industry who love getting one over on us.

#7 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 10 November 2020 - 18:56

been listening to the guy you mentioned, more i hear the more I like. Ah yes sorry Jeff Taylor.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#8 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 11 November 2020 - 00:09

journeyman, on 10 November 2020 - 18:56, said:

been listening to the guy you mentioned, more i hear the more I like. Ah yes sorry Jeff Taylor.

He just sticks to facts and thats what i like about him.

He doesnt say "in my opinion" etc etc.

Its all about facts ! there's no bull s***e or theories.

I like his opening " Hello there "

Its very educating as well because he knows his stuff.

Glad you like his blogs.

#9 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 11 November 2020 - 07:09

Yep cheers I find him very interesting, as you say sticks to facts.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#10 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 11 November 2020 - 09:43

Sounds like biden is poking his nose in about the N.I good friday peace treaty.

Dont know what his motives are considering he has so many problems in the usa to sort out before he starts on other countries.

So brexit rumbles on and apparently we still have to pay into their coffers until march 21st 2021.

Level playing field and state subsidies.

On the level playing field which barnier states is to prevent the uk under cutting standards why then do we get so much cheap chinese cr@p turning up in our stores ? as it all comes here via the eu !

Barnier,s idea of concessions are very - very minimal to try and hook the bigger fish = :blink: access to uk fishing grounds.

Have a nasty feeling they are going to retain access while the final points of a trade deal is sorted even when the transition period runs out.

Apparently barnier / macron have offered £90 mill to retain access ! not in actual cash terms but taken from eu quota's and handed to uk fisherman.

Very kind of them considering its our waters they are bargaining on here :lmao:

So thats cutting eu quota's by 15 % ? i did read an article that stated the french could cut their quota in uk waters by 20% but anything above that would make it inviable for them to continue trawling uk waters.

The total eu quota is worth £650 mill to them so that would drop fractionally but french trawler men have said they would ignore that anyway and carry on regardless.

Another strange comment from barnier was " we dont intend going 50% - 50% on the fish in uk waters "

So thats the mentality you are dealing with.

#11 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 11 November 2020 - 15:17

Just seen on a breaking news thing talks broken down again and next weeks video conference is deemed to be the last chance Im yet again praying for total failure, OUT MEANS OUT. :grinny:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#12 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 11 November 2020 - 16:04

journeyman, on 11 November 2020 - 15:17, said:

Just seen on a breaking news thing talks broken down again and next weeks video conference is deemed to be the last chance Im yet again praying for total failure, OUT MEANS OUT. :grinny:

We are the only country where they insist on having fishing rights.
They have deals with norway, iceland , canada etc .

They have some nominal access to norwegian fishing grounds but nothing like they are asking from the uk.

Changing the subject !

Interesting to see someone come out in support of boris.

David cameron has said the job of prime minister is difficult enough without having past pm's having a go at you and that they should lay off.

Major, Blair,Brown & May are on the bash boris bandwagon.

Thats without Sturgeon , Blackford & their cronies plus sleepy joe biden poking his old nose in.

Then you have barnier and macron trying to stitch the uk up to a s***ty deal.

Not to mention piers Morgan , alastair campbell etc etc .

Starmer was criticising the government over spending today but backed rashfords campaign for free meals.

Who would want johnsons job ! its not even well paid.

Rashford gets paid more per week than what johnson earns as pm in a year.

#13 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 12 November 2020 - 07:11

agree that is good, im not against Boris, I voted fro him for brexit, as an individual I like him, and yes its probably the toughest job of the lot, and no matter who ever you are what ever country you lead, this virus is a total new thing for all leaders.
But he has to remain strong stop uturns, and abide by his promise of Brexit, otherwise im sure he will be gone, the true test of his leadership will come when we are back to normal, and even now with biden not cow towing to the yanks, if they dont want to trade the b******s to them.

Back on subject US election, Im sad at the way trump is behaving, if he thinks there is voter fraud then he should prodeuce evidence, or shut up and concede gracefully, but after yesterdays events there could be trouble out there unless someone sees some sense.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#14 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 12 November 2020 - 07:43

journeyman, on 11 November 2020 - 15:17, said:

Reading between the lines just from remarks from certain mps it seems the stumbling block is that the eu insist we sign up to their standards/ regulations/ rules etc and if we digress from them then they can punish us accordingly through the ecj (surprise surprise) :blink:

The whole point of brexit was to break away from this part of the eu.

I am suspecting (& its just my opinion ) that they have some agreement regarding fishing & that is to defer it to a later date so it wont cause negotiations to collapse completely.

Dont think our guys will be pleased if its announced eu boats have another 1- 2 -3 years free access while its all being sorted out.

One thing i think is certain is that we wont ever get them out of our waters ! all they will agree to is increased quota's for our guys.

I do get barniers point on access to the single market in exchange for access to uk fishing grounds but it s a little unbalanced.

Trading in their single market is reciprocal = we buy from them and they buy from us.

Eu member nations take £650 mill of free fish from our waters and thats the point = free.

They have to be charged for access = maybe something like 20 % value of their quota's with that money going direct to our nhs.

But knowing us it wont happen because its too simple a solution.

Barnier & macron say they wont have their fishing industry destroyed because of brexit.

Point they are missing is that if you are reliant on someones elses sovereign waters to fish in then really you have no choice.

It didnt bother them when they were allowed by heath to decimate the uk fishing industry forcing our guys to sell their quota rations and boats.

Oh yes ! & the dutch and french should be banned from electrocuting fish ! its a barbaric technique .

#15 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:25

Dangerous times to come.. biden is a puppet, the nice face of demorcratic fascism supported by big tech so to speak. in 45 years in congress hes done nothing..his aim is to do nothing and has already said theres no 2nd term...the progressive party now in power... Please ?.under obama they deported twice the amount off immigrants in his first term than trump..fact..obama being the deporter in chief.,
soon your going too see brown skin having bombing drones reign down on them in iran and on yellow skin in north korea..just remember for all his wrongs trump never did and saved many a life
The big home test comes almost immediatley,
Dems have committed themselves to gun control and putting themselves on a colision course with the very conservative NRA...the 1st amendment and the right to bear arms in question.. = civil war.

Have fun .

#16 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 14 January 2021 - 14:09

This also does completelt tie up with what I have been reading about I now think there are some very serious problems looming. agree with all you say here now.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#17 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 14 January 2021 - 15:06

Their far right mobilised the angry, you could clearly see activists trying to organise the majority during the storming of the capitol, which looked (at times) less of a storming and more of an unsure meander.

However, Trump has at very least given birth to a conspiracy theory that the USA election was rigged, and some will believe that. This could create a very serious situation and give rise to domestic terrorism going on the increase.

We know ourselves (or some did) that refusing the result of a democratic election is a very volatile act. I feel the US has to investigate the claims of vote rigging, regardless of how absurd that may appear.

#18 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 14 January 2021 - 15:20

Have been checking up on Biden, he,s a bit of a fu--ing war monger think he could be dangerous, needs an eye kept on him.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#19 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 14 January 2021 - 15:33

View Postjourneyman, on 14 January 2021 - 15:20, said:

Have been checking up on Biden, he,s a bit of a fu--ing war monger think he could be dangerous, needs an eye kept on him.

He,s an obama understudy.

But what is more important for me personally is that he backs the eu above the uk when we have backed each other in many scenario,s.

#20 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 14 January 2021 - 15:57

thats scary he as you say favours the eu over us then he can p!ss off and take his country with him, not going to be ruled governed by eu so sure as heel not have it from the yanks.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users