• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cash in or hold out?

#1 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 18 November 2020 - 15:45

Well window has long closed and there clearly are some players that are not getting much match time or getting a look in at all. Based on current market values and players who are playing bit roles who would you sell on in January or the summer?

Dele 46.8m (3 years)
Sanchez 40.5m (3 years)
Winks 25.2m (3 years)
Bergwijn 25.2m (4 years)
Sissoko 16.2m (2 years)
Lamela 14.4m (1 year)
Rose 9m (less than a year)
Gazzaniga 3.6m (1 year)

Loaned out:
Sessegnon 22.5m (4 years)
Foyth 11.7m (2 years)
Skipp 6.48m (3 years)
Troy Parrot 3.24m (2 years)
Carter Vickers 1.8m (less than a year)

Personally anyone with a year or less on their contract sell on in January for what ever you can get. If they were important we would have agreed an extension to their contract by now.

After signing Rodon I think Sanchez needs to be moved on as we still might go after a top centreback to partner Dier. Loanees and Bergwijn have time on their side, hopefully they can prove themselves elsewhere.

What are people's thoughts on Dele, Winks ans Sissoko?

#2 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 18 November 2020 - 19:49

View Postfentonroad, on 18 November 2020 - 15:45, said:

Well window has long closed and there clearly are some players that are not getting much match time or getting a look in at all. Based on current market values and players who are playing bit roles who would you sell on in January or the summer?

Dele 46.8m (3 years)=======sell
Sanchez 40.5m (3 years)==========selll
Winks 25.2m (3 years)===Keep
Bergwijn 25.2m (4 years)========sell
Sissoko 16.2m (2 years)===keep
Lamela 14.4m (1 year)===keep
Rose 9m (less than a year)=====sell= nothing
Gazzaniga 3.6m (1 year)======sell

Loaned out:
Sessegnon 22.5m (4 years)=keep
Foyth 11.7m (2 years)===sell
Skipp 6.48m (3 years)=====keep
Troy Parrot 3.24m (2 years)====[keep
Carter Vickers 1.8m (less than a year)====sell

Personally anyone with a year or less on their contract sell on in January for what ever you can get. If they were important we would have agreed an extension to their contract by now.

After signing Rodon I think Sanchez needs to be moved on as we still might go after a top centreback to partner Dier. Loanees and Bergwijn have time on their side, hopefully they can prove themselves elsewhere.

What are people's thoughts on Dele, Winks ans Sissoko?

Think we have been here before in many forms.

#3 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 18 November 2020 - 19:59

Can't sell Sanchez until Rodon either proves he's good enough or another CB is brought in, I say it all the time, but Toby is the one to replace as he's getting older and slower.

Delle probably needs a move for his own sake, but the market is weak for selling.

Winks, if City are genuine might command decent money from them, but we might also regret selling him.

Sissokho won't fetch much, he's probably more useful than any money we'd get for him.

Winks and Delle are also Home grown English, so I'd rather we kept them than sold in a buyer's market.

Also, I doubt we'll be able to buy Bale, unless Madrid release him, we can than throw a package at him. But he'll need to do more for me to want him anyway.

Ollie Skipp might as well leave, just won't get a chance with us, Carter Vickers as well.

#4 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 18 November 2020 - 20:27

View PostYidio Yidio, on 18 November 2020 - 19:59, said:

Can't sell Sanchez until Rodon either proves he's good enough or another CB is brought in, I say it all the time, but Toby is the one to replace as he's getting older and slower.

Delle probably needs a move for his own sake, but the market is weak for selling.

Winks, if City are genuine might command decent money from them, but we might also regret selling him.

Sissokho won't fetch much, he's probably more useful than any money we'd get for him.

Winks and Delle are also Home grown English, so I'd rather we kept them than sold in a buyer's market.

Also, I doubt we'll be able to buy Bale, unless Madrid release him, we can than throw a package at him. But he'll need to do more for me to want him anyway.

Ollie Skipp might as well leave, just won't get a chance with us, Carter Vickers as well.

Skipp is the future and from what I hear is playing well at Norwich, perfect player to rotate with PEH. Bale we have an option to loan another year and then he's on a free.

#5 User is online   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:12

View PostYidio Yidio, on 18 November 2020 - 19:59, said:

Madrid I think have offered him to us for 13 Mill!!
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#6 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:04

Either way after this season we have the option to loan him for the remaining year of his contract when he will be 33. That might be it as he would have been playing at the top level from the same age as Rooney did, so the tank is probably empty by then. If he somehow is still performing at a high level we can off a year or two. Right now Madrid must be paying part of his wages so for the next year and a bit it would seem madness not to stick with that.

#7 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2020 - 12:24

Dele and Winks have to go for the sake of their careers - I would favour a loan deal for Dele. I really can't make my mind up about Sanchez, maybe keep him for one more season. I would keep Bergwyn and Lamela and possibly Sissoko

#8 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 19 November 2020 - 14:44

View Postfentonroad, on 18 November 2020 - 20:27, said:

Skipp is the future and from what I hear is playing well at Norwich, perfect player to rotate with PEH. Bale we have an option to loan another year and then he's on a free.

Just can't ever see him getting a game under Jose, he's to young for Jose's midfield, possibly keep sending him on loan, or sell with a first refusal option.

Unless he gets a lot of games under his belt, he'll always be over looked for experienced players. As an example, we held KWP back, he's playing ok at Prem level for saints after many season's of playing a paltry amount of games and mostly out of position for us.

We just don't have the choice of bedding in a player of tender age any more.........Tanganga and Skipp, both have potential, but likely won't get games for us.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users