• You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs v ludogorets

#1 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 21 November 2020 - 19:54

Thursday 26 th nov.

Hope jose gives a few fringe players a run out and maybe also dele.

#2 User is offline   SteveB 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:05

With Adderweireld out for what appears to be a long term injury, Doherty tested Covid positive and Rodon and Rose inelligble our defemsive options look pretty thin

Hart

Aurier-------Sanchez-------Dier------Davies

Lamela------Lo Celso------Sissoko

Dele------Vinicius------Bale

Give Dele one last chance

#3 User is offline   SteveB 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:14

with our growing injury list he will have to. Unfortunately, defense wise, the cupboard is pretty bare

#4 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2020 - 15:19

View PostSteveB, on 22 November 2020 - 09:05, said:

With Adderweireld out for what appears to be a long term injury, Doherty tested Covid positive and Rodon and Rose inelligble our defemsive options look pretty thin

Hart

Iíd play Lucas instead of Dele, he didnít start yesterday so he should be given the minutes. Itís very clear Dele is not in Joseís plans so wouldnít waste a start on him. I donít see dele getting back in the starting 11. He doesnít really fit our system. Heís not a winger and heís not the same type of midfielder as hoj or Lo celso or ndombele. He likes to play higher up.

#5 User is offline   SteveB 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2020 - 16:21

View PostChrisPienaar, on 22 November 2020 - 15:19, said:

Iíd play Lucas instead of Dele, he didnít start yesterday so he should be given the minutes. Itís very clear Dele is not in Joseís plans so wouldnít waste a start on him. I donít see dele getting back in the starting 11. He doesnít really fit our system. Heís not a winger and heís not the same type of midfielder as hoj or Lo celso or ndombele. He likes to play higher up.

Not quite ready to give up on Dele yet. 2 years ago he was the first name on the team sheet and his understanding with Kane was telepathic. He has it in him, it just needs to find a way out unlike players like Winks who have reached the pinnacle of their ability and cannot get any better

#6 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 November 2020 - 18:53

View PostSteveB, on 22 November 2020 - 16:21, said:

Not quite ready o give up on Dele yet. 2 years ago he was the first name on the team sheet and his understanding with Kane was telepathic. He has it in him, it just needs to find a way out unlike players like Winks who have reached the pinnacle of their ability and cannot get any better

I disagree, I think 2 years is far too long to be Ďout of formí. I think his abilities are limited, he only really suits a long ball game where he is making runs into the box. He hasnít got the pace to beat players, he hasnít got the ability to play through balls, he doesnít have the tactical awareness to be a defensive unit. He literally offers nothing but runs into the box and little trickles of skill every now and then that make the highlight reel. Thatís what I think of when I think of Dele, someone who will make the highlight reel but not have a genuine big effect on the game over 90 minutes.

Iím more than happy to be proven wrong by him as I really did like him at the start but for heís done. If he was a top player weíd have teams making offers left right and centre.

#7 User is online   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2020 - 20:27

He has a decent passing game and if he could only adapt back to his early central midfield days he would be the perfect foil for a lo Celso or ndombele. At times in the past he has shown he has the game.

However winks has not

#8 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 18:42

If Sanchez and Alli have turned up this season we would not have an issue today.
Unfortunately Tanganga is still out, otherwise he could have paired with Dier as CB.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#9 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 23 November 2020 - 23:39

View PostSteveB, on 22 November 2020 - 09:05, said:

Hart

Not sure lamela is back from injury yet but i would also put him out for this game if he is & maybe also tanganga if recovered and fit.

Hart is obvious and i wonder if jose will include some youngsters and out of favour / fringe players like = cirkin, harvey white,Jack clarke.dele,sanchez.

I think aurier is improving and sissoko is looking good so i would save them for the chelsea game.

Know he's not your favourite but looks a game for winks.

If possible rest as many first choice if we can.

#10 User is offline   SteveB 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:09

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 23 November 2020 - 23:39, said:

Know he's not your favourite but looks a game for winks.

If possible rest as many first choice if we can.

Short of a crippling injury list where we have absolutely no other option, I wouldn't ever pick Winks. He needs to sold since he brings no tangible benefit to the side

#11 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:27

View PostSteveB, on 24 November 2020 - 07:09, said:

Short of a crippling injury list where we have absolutely no other option, I wouldn't ever pick Winks. He needs to sold since he brings no tangible benefit to the side

Respect your dislike of him but at least he isnt prone to mistakes that leads to opposition goals like sanchez and aurier .

Have to say though i am the same with sissoko as you are with winks but sissoko is a better player now we have hojbjerg and i am slowly changing my mind.
Aurier has also looked better since doherty has arrived.

They were my 2 pet hates and i also didnt see what winks brought to the side and quite rightly he isnt first choice any more but i think this type of game we should rest players for the big one against chelsea especially bearing in mind they have 2 days extra rest (playing tonight) ahead of sundays game.

#12 User is online   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:33

Jose's main dilemma is whether to rest Reguillion or Dier. For me it has to be Dier as he's one of our top two cbs and the other is injured so we will need him for Chelsea for sure. Can't afford to gamble on him getting injured. Doherty is only just about to return to training so keeper and defence line up should be

Hart
Aurier Sanchez Davies Reguillion

Midfield three, don't risk Tanguy (did he just come off injured or tired) and rest Sissoko and PEH. Therefore Gio starts and dare I say it, Winks and Dele get another a chance to prove themselves? Don't want to run Hojbjerg into the ground.

Front three: Bale, Vinnie and Moura

Maybe that's too many changes especially after what happened at Antwerp?

#13 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:14

View Postfentonroad, on 24 November 2020 - 09:33, said:

Jose's main dilemma is whether to rest Reguillion or Dier. For me it has to be Dier as he's one of our top two cbs and the other is injured so we will need him for Chelsea for sure. Can't afford to gamble on him getting injured. Doherty is only just about to return to training so keeper and defence line up should be

Hart
Aurier Sanchez Davies Reguillion

Midfield three, don't risk Tanguy (did he just come off injured or tired) and rest Sissoko and PEH. Therefore Gio starts and dare I say it, Winks and Dele get another a chance to prove themselves? Don't want to run Hojbjerg into the ground.

Front three: Bale, Vinnie and Moura

Maybe that's too many changes especially after what happened at Antwerp?

I think your right with what youíve said mate. We donít want crucial players like Hoj and Dier being burnt out.

Hart
Aurier Sanchez Davies Regs
Dele Winks Celso
Bale Vinnie Moura

Surely thereís enough quality in that line up ...but then again we thought the same against Antwerp and look what happened?

#14 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 November 2020 - 13:21

View PostSpursDan, on 24 November 2020 - 12:14, said:

I think your right with what you’ve said mate. We don’t want crucial players like Hoj and Dier being burnt out.

Hart
Aurier Sanchez Davies Regs
Dele Winks Celso
Bale Vinnie Moura

Surely there’s enough quality in that line up ...but then again we thought the same against Antwerp and look what happened?

Reg has got to rest we need him to be sharp for Chelsea, what the h*ll has happened to Japhet Tanganga.

#15 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Club Captain

Posted 24 November 2020 - 13:32

View PostSpurs scout, on 24 November 2020 - 13:21, said:

Reg has got to rest we need him to be sharp for Chelsea, what the h*ll has happened to Japhet Tanganga.

We need a lot of players to rest from this game.

Japhet has had a long term thigh injury but is back training.

Massive talent and puts in 110 % every game he plays.

#16 User is online   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 November 2020 - 14:03

View PostSpurs scout, on 24 November 2020 - 13:21, said:

The thing with Reguillion we have cover in Davies. Yes he's not as good but he's still decent and match fit. We have no one fit or otherwise to back up Eric or Pierre that is anywhere near their quality. Options are either not good enough or not match fit or inexperienced. Tanganga as and when he is available can't be expected to start and play the whole game so for me bench beckons for Japhet. Sanchez has been playing on and off for club/ country, as has Davies so they're decent choice.

Sadly Japhet isn't ready so Reguillion has to start or you rest him and take an even bigger risk and play Dier with Davies at left back or even Cirkin at left back which seems a massive gamble to me.

#17 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 November 2020 - 16:03

View Postfentonroad, on 24 November 2020 - 14:03, said:

The thing with Reguillion we have cover in Davies. Yes he's not as good but he's still decent and match fit. We have no one fit or otherwise to back up Eric or Pierre that is anywhere near their quality. Options are either not good enough or not match fit or inexperienced. Tanganga as and when he is available can't be expected to start and play the whole game so for me bench beckons for Japhet. Sanchez has been playing on and off for club/ country, as has Davies so they're decent choice.

Sadly Japhet isn't ready so Reguillion has to start or you rest him and take an even bigger risk and play Dier with Davies at left back or even Cirkin at left back which seems a massive gamble to me.

I would play Davies in this match and play Regullion against Chelsea because of the pace of there wide players. The Chelsea match is going to be similar to the Man city game both energy sapping games.

#18 User is online   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 November 2020 - 16:32

View PostSpurs scout, on 24 November 2020 - 16:03, said:

I would play Davies in this match and play Regullion against Chelsea because of the pace of there wide players. The Chelsea match is going to be similar to the Man city game both energy sapping games.

So what is your back four? I'm assuming you're risking Dier at cb?

#19 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 November 2020 - 18:59

View Postfentonroad, on 24 November 2020 - 16:32, said:

So what is your back four? I'm assuming you're risking Dier at cb?

I Think we can be risky at home to the weakest team in the group with Davies partnering Sanchez and Cirkin at leftback.

#20 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 November 2020 - 20:43

View PostSpurs scout, on 24 November 2020 - 18:59, said:

I Think we can be risky at home to the weakest team in the group with Davies partnering Sanchez and Cirkin at leftback.

Yeh we could go with this....we do want Reguilon full of energy for chelsea

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users