Planet Spurs Forums: Marcel Sabitzer - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marcel Sabitzer

#1 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,144
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 30 December 2020 - 08:47

This seems to be gathering pace. No doubt it will be a long drawn out saga with us failing to land him cos Daniel wants to save a few quid
0

#2 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,596
  • Joined: 16-January 20

Posted 30 December 2020 - 10:07

View PostSteveB, on 30 December 2020 - 08:47, said:

This seems to be gathering pace. No doubt it will be a long drawn out saga with us failing to land him cos Daniel wants to save a few quid


Seems to be the player we are most connected with right now in the transfer window.

I think jose will insist on more players coming in but probably loans again.
0

#3 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,756
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 30 December 2020 - 12:04

He doesn't fit the hard working Lampard type Jose craves, however he is pretty versatile. What Jose really wants is an Eriksen of two years ago who used to runs his socks off, never lose the ball and score/ assist a plenty. Sabitzer is not that
0

#4 User is online   journeyman 

  • player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 21,610
  • Joined: 01-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 30 December 2020 - 13:54

well as i said before have seen it written that Jose wants him but how true that is I dont know.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.
0

#5 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 30 December 2020 - 15:58

Troy Parrott being recalled ? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Chocolate fire guard :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
0

#6 User is online   journeyman 

  • player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 21,610
  • Joined: 01-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 30 December 2020 - 19:20

dont be surprised if we get him though.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.
0

#7 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 5,554
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 30 December 2020 - 19:46

Quality player. Scored two against us in the CL last year. Gets plenty of goals and assists which is something we are lacking in midfield desperately. If he can make the step up to PL then Iím all for it!
0

#8 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,144
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 31 December 2020 - 09:07

View Postfentonroad, on 30 December 2020 - 12:04, said:

He doesn't fit the hard working Lampard type Jose craves, however he is pretty versatile. What Jose really wants is an Eriksen of two years ago who used to runs his socks off, never lose the ball and score/ assist a plenty. Sabitzer is not that

He is a massive upgrade on Winks, Sissoko or Lamela tho
0

#9 User is offline   aramak 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,405
  • Joined: 06-January 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 31 December 2020 - 10:23

View PostSteveB, on 31 December 2020 - 09:07, said:

He is a massive upgrade on Winks, Sissoko or Lamela tho


True but still don't think he suits Jose' way of playing. Think Jose would be more interested in finding another DM to play alongside Hojbjerg to create a double pivot. Someone whose an upgrade on Winks and Sissoko.
0

#10 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,029
  • Joined: 31-July 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Groningen, the Netherlands

Posted 31 December 2020 - 11:42

We don't have space for foreign players. Can't see this happening
0

#11 User is offline   aramak 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,405
  • Joined: 06-January 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 31 December 2020 - 13:00

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 31 December 2020 - 11:42, said:

We don't have space for foreign players. Can't see this happening


That's the part most are ignoring in this link. There are no spaces for any foreign signing unless the club moves players on.

Considering the market and the price of the players we need to move on then it's highly unlikely to happen till the summer window
0

#12 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,756
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 31 December 2020 - 14:05

View Postaramak, on 31 December 2020 - 13:00, said:

That's the part most are ignoring in this link. There are no spaces for any foreign signing unless the club moves players on.

Considering the market and the price of the players we need to move on then it's highly unlikely to happen till the summer window



For the Prem we have full 25 player squad (not including Rose) and 16 out of 17 non home grown as Rodon and Davies count as home grown.

For the Europa we have 24 out of 25 player squad (not including Rose) and 17 out of 17 non home grown as Davies counts as non home grown. Rodon is not registered.

To fit Rodon into the Europa squad we have to drop at least one non home grown player, Gazzaniga being the obvious choice. If we are to bring in another someone else has to go. If Gazzaniga goes we have room for another player of any persuasion in the prem squad.

Getting rid of Winks or Dele doesn't solve anything that suits both squads unless anyone knows of a home grown player that fits our needs? Creative centre midlfielder along those lines only Ward-Prowse fits the bill as he is quite good in the tackle. In comparrison over the last 2 and a half years.

Ward Prowse: 16 goals, 8 assists, 50% central midfield
Dele: 18 goals, 15 assists, 30% central midfield
Sabitzer: 24 goals 20 assists, less than 10% central midfield (albeit that's where he's played a lot this season), but over 50% as a winger so really a replacement for Moura/ Bergwijn/ Bale

He just doesn't seem to fit what we need
0

#13 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,144
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 31 December 2020 - 15:12

So to sign Sabitzer we need to offload a foreign player - agreed

Pick any one from:-

Gazza
Aurier
Sanchez
Lamela
Bergwyn
Or even Sissoko

Plenty of choice there
0

#14 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,596
  • Joined: 16-January 20

Posted 31 December 2020 - 15:30

View PostSteveB, on 31 December 2020 - 15:12, said:

So to sign Sabitzer we need to offload a foreign player - agreed

Pick any one from:-

Gazza
Aurier
Sanchez
Lamela
Bergwyn
Or even Sissoko

Plenty of choice there


Arent we losing gedson ? sanchez can fck off.

Aurier might demand a move to psg.

Lamela is a great player when he's fit.

Bergy still young.
0

#15 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,756
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 31 December 2020 - 15:48

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 31 December 2020 - 15:30, said:

Arent we losing gedson ? sanchez can fck off.

Aurier might demand a move to psg.

Lamela is a great player when he's fit.

Bergy still young.


Gedson counts as u21. Happy for Aurier to go and use Doherty and Japhet at right back
0

#16 User is offline   aramak 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,405
  • Joined: 06-January 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 31 December 2020 - 16:41

Guys it's not that easy to move players on in the January window especially as we're one of the worst clubs in getting rid of unwanted players.

Levy always wants full market valuation which means that we give them away for nothing with 12 months on their contracts to go.

And as much as complain that our wages are not top level. For the quality of players we want to move on we pay way above their real value in wages which means the clubs that want them can't afford to pay them.

Any player that goes will only be on loan unless it's a loan cancelled and if that happens the best we can expect would be free transfers.

At best we get Costa. But we won't buy anyone till the summer
0

#17 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,596
  • Joined: 16-January 20

Posted 31 December 2020 - 16:51

View Postaramak, on 31 December 2020 - 16:41, said:

Guys it's not that easy to move players on in the January window especially as we're one of the worst clubs in getting rid of unwanted players.

Levy always wants full market valuation which means that we give them away for nothing with 12 months on their contracts to go.

And as much as complain that our wages are not top level. For the quality of players we want to move on we pay way above their real value in wages which means the clubs that want them can't afford to pay them.

Any player that goes will only be on loan unless it's a loan cancelled and if that happens the best we can expect would be free transfers.

At best we get Costa. But we won't buy anyone till the summer


Good observation aramak.

Would like costa but not sure it would happen.
0

#18 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 01 January 2021 - 10:46

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 31 December 2020 - 16:51, said:

Good observation aramak.

Would like costa but not sure it would happen.


Quick, buy lots of players, whatever it takes :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
0

#19 User is online   electricpace 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,015
  • Joined: 01-April 14
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:00

Costa and Kane as a CB pairing .... guaranteed to get a 0-0 !
0

#20 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:08

View Postelectricpace, on 01 January 2021 - 11:00, said:

Costa and Kane as a CB pairing .... guaranteed to get a 0-0 !


:lmao: It's only guaranteed if he takes N'dombele off on 65 mins
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users