• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diego Costa

#1 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 04 January 2021 - 16:55

Im hearing Jose wants him????? Would he be useful as back up? What would happen to Vinicius who has been pretty decent

#2 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2021 - 17:00

NO FULLSTOP

#3 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 04 January 2021 - 18:43

No, no, no, no, no.

#4 User is online   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 04 January 2021 - 20:00

I can see it happening. He does not rate Vinny and hardly gives him any minutes in the league even when he needs something different in the second half

#5 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 04 January 2021 - 20:58

View Postaramak, on 04 January 2021 - 20:00, said:

I can see it happening. He does not rate Vinny and hardly gives him any minutes in the league even when he needs something different in the second half

At least Vinnie is fit when we call on him, Costa has missed 12 games this season due to injury and 20 the season before.

#6 User is online   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 04 January 2021 - 22:46

View Postfentonroad, on 04 January 2021 - 20:58, said:

At least Vinnie is fit when we call on him, Costa has missed 12 games this season due to injury and 20 the season before.

Agreed but Don't think Jose would care too much if he thinks he can get a player he trusts.
We all know he wanted and probably still wants Giroud but knows it won't happen so for him it would be the next best thing

#7 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 January 2021 - 23:08

Yes please

More c***s
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#8 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 January 2021 - 14:20

Jose wants c***s and this guy is number one lol

#9 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 January 2021 - 04:07

View PostChrisPienaar, on 05 January 2021 - 14:20, said:

Jose wants c***s and this guy is number one lol

Ramos Modric Costa 18 months.

Id love it
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#10 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 06 January 2021 - 04:26

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 06 January 2021 - 04:07, said:

Ramos Modric Costa 18 months.

Id love it

Dont think i would want modric back at 35 = 36 later this year.

I thought bale was a mistake and modric would be definitely.

Some of us have long memories and modric was one of those banging on to bale to join him at real all those years ago.

Costa and ramos would be something different but not quite sure how they would fit in ?

#11 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:19

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 06 January 2021 - 04:26, said:

Dont think i would want modric back at 35 = 36 later this year.

I thought bale was a mistake and modric would be definitely.

Some of us have long memories and modric was one of those banging on to bale to join him at real all those years ago.

Costa and ramos would be something different but not quite sure how they would fit in ?

People moan about how often Bale is injured and then seem keen on Costa. He makes Gareth look indestructible as he's missed over 30 games to injury in the last season and a half. Ramos might be tempting but it would put Toby's nose out of joint, so it's a no to all three for me. Better off spending the money on new contracts for Sonny and Kane

#12 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 06 January 2021 - 10:55

View Postfentonroad, on 06 January 2021 - 09:19, said:

People moan about how often Bale is injured and then seem keen on Costa. He makes Gareth look indestructible as he's missed over 30 games to injury in the last season and a half. Ramos might be tempting but it would put Toby's nose out of joint, so it's a no to all three for me. Better off spending the money on new contracts for Sonny and Kane

If it helps to win matches that's all that matters, it's not our money, so another striker whom ever it may be, has to be beneficial to the cause. The alternative is not to have one.

#13 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:07

View PostYidio Yidio, on 06 January 2021 - 10:55, said:

If it helps to win matches that's all that matters, it's not our money, so another striker whom ever it may be, has to be beneficial to the cause. The alternative is not to have one.

I don't see the logic, an ageing 32 back up striker that is injured most of the time that will demand wages of probably 100k a week? As we have Vinnie give 50k each a week to Kane and Son.

If he was not injury prone, was home grown (we are over capacity for non home grown in Europa league at present) and we didn't have Vinnie then maybe but, scoring only 12 goals in two and a half years doesn't fuel my fire. Yes he was brilliant in his time but that time has gone. We have three striking options in Kane, Vinnie and Son plus Moura, Dele and others could play there at a push.

There is no benefit in signing such a player as he brings nothing to the team except performances of days gone by.

#14 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:19

View Postfentonroad, on 06 January 2021 - 11:07, said:

I don't see the logic, an ageing 32 back up striker that is injured most of the time that will demand wages of probably 100k a week? As we have Vinnie give 50k each a week to Kane and Son.

If he was not injury prone, was home grown (we are over capacity for non home grown in Europa league at present) and we didn't have Vinnie then maybe but, scoring only 12 goals in two and a half years doesn't fuel my fire. Yes he was brilliant in his time but that time has gone. We have three striking options in Kane, Vinnie and Son plus Moura, Dele and others could play there at a push.

There is no benefit in signing such a player as he brings nothing to the team except performances of days gone by.

Looking at it that way you're probably right. I was just thinking of back up for a Kane injury. I guess with Bale and Hart attack we've got enough of these types.

#15 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:23

View Postfentonroad, on 06 January 2021 - 09:19, said:

Singing Ramos , imo still best defender in the world, would be a statement.

#16 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 06 January 2021 - 13:04

Ive mentioned this elswhere there is stong talk doing the rounds, I know its only gossip, but he has refused to sign a new contract, at his current club.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#17 User is offline   Really!!! 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2021 - 00:28

Do we need a guy this age who ain't done anything great in the last 18 months. Ffs the idea of brining in experience to get you over the finishing line seldom ends in any kind of long term positive change. Look at Bale, yeah everyone dreamed.. but the fact was little football for 18 months coupled with the loss of pace has meant a massive financial and strategic loss for the club. He has had all the time he needs and more than we can afford. The idea of doing that again is fn stupid in the extreme. We as a club need to do the whole youth system again. Pouring money into something you only half support is the same as pouring it down the drain. What role could Costa play? Hold the ball up - maybe 12 months ago. Bully defenders (not anymore), add his blistering pace to our breakneck speed counter attacking style? Never. Don't want him, don't need him! Let him go back to live modelling Pete from mickey Mouse.

I like the idea of the Austrian bloke but what would his role be? Frankly we still have a poorly balanced midfield based though that may be more to do with essentially playing a 3 man MF.

#18 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:02

View PostReally!!!, on 09 January 2021 - 00:28, said:

Do we need a guy this age who ain't done anything great in the last 18 months. Ffs the idea of brining in experience to get you over the finishing line seldom ends in any kind of long term positive change. Look at Bale, yeah everyone dreamed.. but the fact was little football for 18 months coupled with the loss of pace has meant a massive financial and strategic loss for the club. He has had all the time he needs and more than we can afford. The idea of doing that again is fn stupid in the extreme. We as a club need to do the whole youth system again. Pouring money into something you only half support is the same as pouring it down the drain. What role could Costa play? Hold the ball up - maybe 12 months ago. Bully defenders (not anymore), add his blistering pace to our breakneck speed counter attacking style? Never. Don't want him, don't need him! Let him go back to live modelling Pete from mickey Mouse.

I like the idea of the Austrian bloke but what would his role be? Frankly we still have a poorly balanced midfield based though that may be more to do with essentially playing a 3 man MF.

Sabitzer can play centre mid or out wide. Probably a good replacement for Lamela, the good thing his reoccurring shoulder injury hasn't happened for over two years. He's fast, a good passer and can shoot from distance. He would bring more of a passing game to our midfield which we seem to be lacking. We could then afford to sell Lamela, and not renew Bale and Gedson loans at a minimum, although he's not a grafter.

#19 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 January 2021 - 14:34

View Postfentonroad, on 09 January 2021 - 10:02, said:

Sabitzer can play centre mid or out wide. Probably a good replacement for Lamela, the good thing his reoccurring shoulder injury hasn't happened for over two years. He's fast, a good passer and can shoot from distance. He would bring more of a passing game to our midfield which we seem to be lacking. We could then afford to sell Lamela, and not renew Bale and Gedson loans at a minimum, although he's not a grafter.

That last bit is a major concern, someone who plays CM but isn't a grafter ?

Sounds to me like we're describing a certain Icelandic player that didn't suit us either.

#20 User is offline   Really!!! 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2021 - 16:21

View PostYidio Yidio, on 09 January 2021 - 14:34, said:

That last bit is a major concern, someone who plays CM but isn't a grafter ?

Sounds to me like we're describing a certain Icelandic player that didn't suit us either.

It also won't happen in a Jose team...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users