• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lloris Turns down new contract

#1 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:23

Old butter fingers has turned down spurs new contract offer.

Really hope pochettino comes in with a good bid and we can buy Jan Oblak. LOL

But reckon if Lloris goes we will end up buying pope.

#2 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2021 - 21:57

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 10 January 2021 - 09:23, said:

Old butter fingers has turned down spurs new contract offer.

Really hope pochettino comes in with a good bid and we can buy Jan Oblak.

But reckon if Lloris goes we will end up buying pope.

Are you insane, Oblak would cost 100m. He’s in the top 3 keepers of the world and in my opinion on his day the best.
Personally I would go for Pope. Proven in the Prem and English so won’t take a foreign spot.

I wouldn’t sell lloris mid season but if we get a decent bid in summer I would be ok with selling. Great servant to the club but it does feel like he has reached the end with us. Time to make Harry the rightful captain.

#3 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:24

View PostChrisPienaar, on 10 January 2021 - 21:57, said:

Are you insane, Oblak would cost 100m. He’s in the top 3 keepers of the world and in my opinion on his day the best.
Personally I would go for Pope. Proven in the Prem and English so won’t take a foreign spot.

I wouldn’t sell lloris mid season but if we get a decent bid in summer I would be ok with selling. Great servant to the club but it does feel like he has reached the end with us. Time to make Harry the rightful captain.

Just taken my normal tablets ! Did i miss out the = LOL

Lloris is rated 9th in the world ! why would you want pope who isnt in the top 20 ?

I think Lloris will be joining back up with poch at some stage.

You want to improve on what you have not let your standards fall.

#4 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:37

I remember a couple or so years ago Stekenberg was all the rage, hardly hear of him now. would love to have the best in the world but when the cost is high would we buy!!
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#5 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 11 January 2021 - 14:11

View Postjourneyman, on 11 January 2021 - 12:37, said:

I remember a couple or so years ago Stekenberg was all the rage, hardly hear of him now. would love to have the best in the world but when the cost is high would we buy!!

Could we get £50 mill for hugo ?

Would make a few goalkeepers rated above him a bit cheaper.

#6 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 January 2021 - 15:48

Hugo is 34. Has 18 months on his contract and would be 35 and a half when it expires.

PSG have Navas who is only 10 days older than him.

Bit of a non story at this stage IMO. We won't get loads for him at his age, most likely to be with us til his contract runs out unless Jose/Levy find a long term replacement in the next 6 months.

#7 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 January 2021 - 21:40

If sold lloris will go for £15-20m at best. He has 18 months left and is 34 as mentioned above. That is why there’s no point on selling him now but perhaps in summer.

I’m just being realistic - Pope has 32 clean sheets in 87 games for Burnley. Considering they’re not a great side that’s pretty impressive. He’s 28 and English and I think he’s a top keeper. Another option is trying to convince Henderson to leave United if De Gea stays.

If we had the luxury of picking whoever we want yes I’d take Oblak but considering he has a 120m euro release clause and at Madrid are favorites for the league at the minute, I wouldn’t be too hopeful.

#8 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 January 2021 - 21:59

View PostChrisPienaar, on 11 January 2021 - 21:40, said:

If sold lloris will go for £15-20m at best. He has 18 months left and is 34 as mentioned above. That is why there’s no point on selling him now but perhaps in summer.

I’m just being realistic - Pope has 32 clean sheets in 87 games for Burnley. Considering they’re not a great side that’s pretty impressive. He’s 28 and English and I think he’s a top keeper. Another option is trying to convince Henderson to leave United if De Gea stays.

If we had the luxury of picking whoever we want yes I’d take Oblak but considering he has a 120m euro release clause and at Madrid are favorites for the league at the minute, I wouldn’t be too hopeful.

Great post I agree mate - would be chuffed with Pope

#9 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 January 2021 - 00:30

View PostChrisPienaar, on 11 January 2021 - 21:40, said:

If Lloris decides he wants to leave i think we should take the goal keeping situation very seriously.

They can make or break a season for you.

At least at the moment we have Lloris who is ranked in the worlds best top 10 so personally i would like us to go for someone of similar ranking.

Of course oblak is unattainable but my point is that its a very important position & should be treated as such.

Coming from a team that is 16th in the prem the 20 goals conceded by pope this prem season looks very good.....! we are 4th and lloris has conceded 15 in comparison.
Pope is definitely one to be considered ! in fact i dont think you could do much better but would burnley sell ?

I can see a £40 mill price tag being put on his head if we show any interest in him.

#10 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:15

Nothing wrong with Pope, he,s a local lad and from what Ive read is a Spurs fan, so what better person to go for, if he has or is a spurs fan bet your life he would be proud to play for the club and wear his heart on his sleeve, and play for the badge on front of the shirt, rather than the name on the back.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#11 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:17

View Posttomtom, on 11 January 2021 - 15:48, said:

Hugo is 34. Has 18 months on his contract and would be 35 and a half when it expires.

PSG have Navas who is only 10 days older than him.

Bit of a non story at this stage IMO. We won't get loads for him at his age, most likely to be with us til his contract runs out unless Jose/Levy find a long term replacement in the next 6 months.

I think that is exactly what could happen, personally I think that should happen.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#12 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:09

View Postjourneyman, on 12 January 2021 - 07:15, said:

Nothing wrong with Pope, he,s a local lad and from what Ive read is a Spurs fan, so what better person to go for, if he has or is a spurs fan bet your life he would be proud to play for the club and wear his heart on his sleeve, and play for the badge on front of the shirt, rather than the name on the back.

Absolutely J.M.

Realistically his ranking is probably a lot higher than what you would arrive at just putting it down into stat form.

For a start burnley have conceded 20 in the prem this season ! but only scored 9 which is their main problem why they are 16th.

Everton have also conceded 20 this term while the likes of liverpool, leicester,& chelsea have conceded 21.

Man utd meanwhile have 24 against.

Cant rely on stats to any great extent but pope looks a very good keeper.

Burnley do set up very defensively though but i guess they have to to stay in the prem.

#13 User is offline   GlennintheUK 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:13

I just want a 'full size' keeper who can dominate in the air at dead ball situations and who is willing to come off his line now and then. Lloris, while a great shot stopper, spends most of the time glued to the line.

#14 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:37

agree with that think the old boots are getting a bit heavy now.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#15 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 January 2021 - 13:43

Darlow is a good keeper. Him or Pope would be my realistic choices

#16 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 January 2021 - 15:06

I'd be happy with Pope or Henderson, both good suggestions.

TBH when a world class keeper becomes available you just have to go for it regardless of your current keeper situation.

When Levy bought Lloris we weren't in desperate need for a keeper, Brad was doing a decent job - BUT we got one of the highest rated keepers in the world for an absolute steal and he's now been with us for 8 seasons.

So similarly if Donnarumma's head could be turned we should do all in our power to do it. I wouldn't hold my breath and I'm sure most clubs in the world are monitoring the situation but he could feasibly play for us for over a decade so would be worth making a serious approach.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users