• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Angel di Maria

#1 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 January 2021 - 12:52

Probably just paper talk but di Maria's contract with PSG is up in the summer and accordint to te Daily Fail (honestly, I only read it for the sports pages), JM would be interested in bringing him to Spurs.

He is 32 now and I would expect that he would want top $ wages so for me its a no no. I also fail to see where he would fit in unless we are looking to lose Bale, Mora or Bergwyn

https://www.dailymai...e-transfer.html

#2 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2021 - 14:32

View PostSteveB, on 26 January 2021 - 12:52, said:

Probably just paper talk but di Maria's contract with PSG is up in the summer and accordint to te Daily Fail (honestly, I only read it for the sports pages), JM would be interested in bringing him to Spurs.

He is 32 now and I would expect that he would want top $ wages so for me its a no no. I also fail to see where he would fit in unless we are looking to lose Bale, Mora or Bergwyn

Regardless of his suitability, all of these ageing names would want top whack salary, and thatís where I think the conversation between the club and player should end. Dzekoís name has also cropped up today, and he would be a great fill-in striker, like Llorente was, but fear that we would get little change out of £100k a week, his current salary at Roma.

#3 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 January 2021 - 14:44

View PostSteveB, on 26 January 2021 - 12:52, said:

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 26 January 2021 - 14:32, said:

Regardless of his suitability, all of these ageing names would want top whack salary, and thatís where I think the conversation between the club and player should end. Dzekoís name has also cropped up today, and he would be a great fill-in striker, like Llorente was, but fear that we would get little change out of £100k a week, his current salary at Roma.

True

#4 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2021 - 14:57

View PostEasy Going Spurs Fan, on 26 January 2021 - 14:44, said:

True

I would reckon di Maria would want double that

#5 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 January 2021 - 16:10

Heard he's on 300k, not bothered checking if true. If it is he'd need to agree a big pay cut to come here.

I don't buy into the he was a PL flop narrative really. I think United signed him expecting him to be something he wasn't and judged him by goals, but ignored that he was the main creator in their team that season despite only playing 2/3 season. It was also obvious soon as he realised it wasn't working for him in Manchester he checked out.

Rumour has it when Ozil left Madrid Ronaldo wasn't happy and when Di Maria left he threatened to hand in a transfer request, such was his belief in Di Maria's importance to the team and his return. He's unselfish and hard working traditionally, but he's no spring chicken and I've not watched him recently.

Quick look at ligue 1 stats and he's had 5 assists in 16 so far this season. Would expect him to have more but it's not terrible.

I'd lean towards not doing it but he's experienced and got a decent football brain so might be worth a look if he'll take a pay cut.

#6 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 27 January 2021 - 01:58

View Posttomtom, on 26 January 2021 - 16:10, said:

Heard he's on 300k, not bothered checking if true. If it is he'd need to agree a big pay cut to come here.

I don't buy into the he was a PL flop narrative really. I think United signed him expecting him to be something he wasn't and judged him by goals, but ignored that he was the main creator in their team that season despite only playing 2/3 season. It was also obvious soon as he realised it wasn't working for him in Manchester he checked out.

Rumour has it when Ozil left Madrid Ronaldo wasn't happy and when Di Maria left he threatened to hand in a transfer request, such was his belief in Di Maria's importance to the team and his return. He's unselfish and hard working traditionally, but he's no spring chicken and I've not watched him recently.

Quick look at ligue 1 stats and he's had 5 assists in 16 so far this season. Would expect him to have more but it's not terrible.

I'd lean towards not doing it but he's experienced and got a decent football brain so might be worth a look if he'll take a pay cut.

According to a few usual sources mourinho is interested in di maria.

Think the most sensible thing to do is try to get him on loan with dele doing the same by going to psg.

Wasnt the sale of ozil needed for real to purchase bale ? i seem to remember levy trying to prolong the bale sale right to the last day of that years transfer window because he didnt want the arse getting ozil.

Not sure and cant be bothered to google it out.

#7 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:01

Another complete non story .

Real desperately need to cull players and cut costs...between themand barca they have a combined debt of overÄ2 billion euros and a basket case economy ..revenue streams have been decimated and the govt cant illegally bail them out this time
We are nearing the time of 'fire sales' so to speak at some very big clubs and possible re alighnment of football finances due to covid...whoever said clubs could survive without paying fans in the stadium needs to be shot ?.
Maria was a very good player in his prime but the gravy train is over for overpaid underperforming aging players including our own loanee who real are still paying the vast percentage of his salary.

#8 User is offline   Easy Going Spurs Fan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:10

View Postold grey yid, on 27 January 2021 - 08:01, said:

Another complete non story .

Real desperately need to cull players and cut costs...between themand barca they have a combined debt of over€2 billion euros and a basket case economy ..revenue streams have been decimated and the govt cant illegally bail them out this time
We are nearing the time of 'fire sales' so to speak at some very big clubs and possible re alighnment of football finances due to covid...whoever said clubs could survive without paying fans in the stadium needs to be shot ?.
Maria was a very good player in his prime but the gravy train is over for overpaid underperforming aging players.

Always thought he was too old for levy but was thinking temporary loan this winter window with dele doing the same would have been good for both clubs.

Cant dispute your claim that its a no go ! just paper stuff as usual.

Using common sense at the start of jan and hearing mourinho stating " he wouldnt be bothering daniel with any transfer demands" i said in the initial winter transfer thread we wouldnt be in for anyone.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users