Summer 2021-2022 Transfer Window

#21 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 16 February 2021 - 21:56

View PostRoshan, on 13 February 2021 - 19:50, said:

This season is over and out.
No Champions League Football next Season again.

Levy need to invest Heavily if he want to bring Success to White Hart Lane again.

Spurs Team 2021-2022

Trainer - Julian Nagelsmann

Jan Oblak

R James - Tanganga - Skriniar - Reguillon

D Rice - K Laimer

Son - J Madison - Sessegnon

Kane

And how do you think we are going to fund this. Some people on here really do need a reality check.

Its time to wake up to the fact that in reality we are a second rate club in the English Premier League. We happen to have a couple of very good players in Kane and Son and perhaps one potentislly good player in Ndombele. As for the rest of them, most would never hold down a place in a Man City, Man Utd or even a Leicester team.

Get real

#22 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2021 - 22:05

View PostSteveB, on 16 February 2021 - 21:56, said:

And how do you think we are going to fund this. Some people on here really do need a reality check.

Its time to wake up to the fact that in reality we are a second rate club in the English Premier League. We happen to have a couple of very good players in Kane and Son and perhaps one potentislly good player in Ndombele. As for the rest of them, most would never hold down a place in a Man City, Man Utd or even a Leicester team.

Get real

We need smart recruitment, not a big spend. As somebody mentioned a few days ago, get hold of whoever recruits for Leicester City.

#23 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:30

does another such person exist, have to admit it would be nice.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#24 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2021 - 13:10

The following are players available on a free in the summer and we should certainly look to sign, would save money and allow us to sell deadwood:

Donnaruma - Not my personal first choice but if money is tight he is a young keeper with big potential. On a free should be a no brainer for most.

Depay - failed at Man U but has been a revelation with Lyon. Looks a top talent and would be a huge upgrade on Bale, Lucas or Bergwijn.

Milik - we went for him last summer but couldn’t agree a deal. With Vinicius not convincing he could be the extra striker we’ve been looking for

Lingard - useful squad player who is showing what he can do at west ham. A lot like to joke about him but he would be much more useful than the constantly injured Lamela for example.

Modric - given how the bale deal has gone I’d be weary of bringing back another past player, he is ageing too and he didn’t leave in the best of terms. However he is still an elite player who can offer a lot.

Patrick van aanholt - would be great as a back up player, more convincing as a full back than Ben Davies I think

There are some others that are prob unrealistic also expiring this summer.

If we take all these on and sell Lloris, end the bale loan, end the Vinicius loan, sell Lamela, sell sissoko, sell winks and sell Davies. We would’ve not spent a penny, actually made money and improved the squad. Sign me up Levy!

#25 User is offline   Grocer 

• Trainee
  • PipPip

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:16

United could also make a move for Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 34, to replace David de Gea, with Spurs interested in Lille's 25-year-old France keeper Mike Maignan. L'Equipe via The Mail

Real Madrid are considering a move for Tottenham and England striker Harry Kane, 27. SER Deportivos - in Spanish

#26 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:53

Looking at our current squad and expecting current loans in to end (Bale and Vinnie), players bought in the last year to remain even if it's not going too well now (like Doherty), loaned out to come back and Jose stays, who are the ones left over people are hoping/ expecting to go? That doesn't take account of anything coming in just based on what we have.

Expecting pretty all to remain bar contracts/loans running out but for me:

Hoping to go: Gazzaniga, Aurier, Davies (if Sess comes back and Reggy stays), Foyth, Winks (especially if Skipp comes back), Sissoko, Lamela (think we can't afford to keep him and Lo Celso)

Expecting to go: Gazzaniga, Aurier, Reggy (some reports says he likes it here/ some don't), Foyth, Winks, Dele, Bergwijn (if Bale stays)

Expecting Clarke, Parrott etc to go back out on loan.

The big question is the three centre backs of Toby, Dier and Sanchez. All have some redeeming features but they also have faults. We would get most money for Sanchez I suppose

#27 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 March 2021 - 20:04

Think it is a good sign we have three players in England U21, maybe we should give them more of a shot. Certainly expect Skipp to come back into the mix.

#28 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 March 2021 - 21:48

View Postdieselspurs, on 28 March 2021 - 20:04, said:

Think it is a good sign we have three players in England U21, maybe we should give them more of a shot. Certainly expect Skipp to come back into the mix.

I would quite happily sell Sissoko and Winks with Skipp back, Aurier whether Tanganga becomes first choice right back or not. That should generate some cash as well as becoming stronger as a squad. Maybe we have to persist with Sanchez?

#29 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:27

Selling to generate cash is going to be the way for all clubs, operating a lean squad with a few u21s. I'm assuming we keep what we bought last summer so Doherty has another year to prove his worth. I think the easiest way is then to look at first choice at back up and then there's only a few debates on who stays or goes.

Lloris - Joe Hart - Whiteman
Tanganga - Doherty
Sanchez - Alderwiereld
Rodon - Dier
Reguilón - Davies
Höjbjerg - Skipp
Ndombele - ?
Son - ?
Moura - Bergwijn
Lo Celso - ?
Kane - Vinícius

Vinnie at the right price of around £15-£20m would be fine, no more. Sess (winger or fuulback?), Clarke and Parrott haven't done enough yet but they're still young. Probably all three back out on loan.

For me that means Gazzaniga, Aurier, Foyth, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela (can't afford to keep him and Gio) along with Rose and CCV (who are at the end of their contracts) to go for whatever we can get.

All that leaves is what to do with Dele and Bale, plus maybe Bergwijn of the existing squad. Maybe let all three go? With the defence, I forget Sanchez is still young for a centreback so probably deserves a chance to form a partnership with Rodon. Dier can be back up both in holding midfield and center back.

#30 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 March 2021 - 15:28

View Postfentonroad, on 30 March 2021 - 12:27, said:

Selling to generate cash is going to be the way for all clubs, operating a lean squad with a few u21s. I'm assuming we keep what we bought last summer so Doherty has another year to prove his worth. I think the easiest way is then to look at first choice at back up and then there's only a few debates on who stays or goes.

Lloris - Joe Hart - Whiteman
Tanganga - Doherty
Sanchez - Alderwiereld
Rodon - Dier
Reguilón - Davies
Höjbjerg - Skipp
Ndombele - ?
Son - ?
Moura - Bergwijn
Lo Celso - ?
Kane - Vinícius

Vinnie at the right price of around £15-£20m would be fine, no more. Sess (winger or fuulback?), Clarke and Parrott haven't done enough yet but they're still young. Probably all three back out on loan.

For me that means Gazzaniga, Aurier, Foyth, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela (can't afford to keep him and Gio) along with Rose and CCV (who are at the end of their contracts) to go for whatever we can get.

All that leaves is what to do with Dele and Bale, plus maybe Bergwijn of the existing squad. Maybe let all three go? With the defence, I forget Sanchez is still young for a centreback so probably deserves a chance to form a partnership with Rodon. Dier can be back up both in holding midfield and center back.

There is simply no way we can remain with those 4 as centre backs. I’m hoping Rodon gets a run in the side for the remainder of the season and could well be first choice as from next season. Toby could stay with his experience and he could be useful. Dier and Sanchez need to go, or at least one of them. Should be looking at getting someone like Joachim Andersen or Lewis dunk or Ben white (or two of those 3). Especially someone like dunk who would be a real leader at the back.

#31 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:08

Agree on that I personally would certainly ship out Sanchez and Dierand like you want to see more of Rodon. A new keeper wouldnt come amiss neither, for starters.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#32 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 April 2021 - 06:57

I suppose all I was saying is what is surplus right now without even considering what if anything coming in.

I agree centreback is a big issue along with keeper.

#33 User is offline   Bazali61 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2021 - 10:07

View Postfentonroad, on 28 March 2021 - 21:48, said:

I would quite happily sell Sissoko and Winks with Skipp back, Aurier whether Tanganga becomes first choice right back or not. That should generate some cash as well as becoming stronger as a squad. Maybe we have to persist with Sanchez?

If we want to be a top four Club challenging for honours we won’t do that with the likes of Sanchez Dier Doherty in defence or Winks and Sissoko in midfield
Toby and Hugo have maybe one good season in them

We need investment

#34 User is online   Really!!! 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2021 - 23:36

View PostBazali61, on 01 April 2021 - 10:07, said:

If we want to be a top four Club challenging for honours we won’t do that with the likes of Sanchez Dier Doherty in defence or Winks and Sissoko in midfield

We need investment

Get your wallet out big man... We are cash strapped and have seen our debt increase this season by over 100m. We need to sell wisely and hope to bring in a couple of almost perfect players while brining through youth.

#35 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 April 2021 - 09:57

View PostBazali61, on 01 April 2021 - 10:07, said:

We need investment

Sell Davies for about £18-£20 million. Sessegnon his replacement.
Sell Winks for about £25million...Skipp his replacement.
Sell Dier for £25 million, Rodon used much more in his place.
Sell Dele for £35-£40 million,won’t miss him as he has hardly been used

That’s around say £100million give or take to spend on replacements for Dier and Dele and a right back.
Sell Aurier and Doherty and there’s money for a second right back.

#36 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 April 2021 - 10:34

View Postgriff, on 02 April 2021 - 09:57, said:

That’s around say £100million give or take to spend on replacements for Dier and Dele and a right back.

Like your thinking Griff, but those valuations seem a touch optimistic!

#37 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 02 April 2021 - 10:50

Those are great prices .. who do you think has the money to buy these players at pre pandemic prices after the pandemic when the whole football world is about to post yearly losses unheard off before.

#38 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 April 2021 - 15:06

I will be surprised if anyone we brought in last summer (Doherty) will be moved on in less than a year, but yes Aurier to go.

As others have said a bit over optimistic on values and Davies is worth keeping as Madrid can activate the Reggy buy back clause and/ or Sess isn't setting the world on fire in Germany. Ben can also play centreback.

Along with Aurier, I would sell Sissoko, Winks, Lamela (not worth a new contract) and at least Foyth. Then a decision has to be made on the current centrebacks, Rodon seems to be the only one definitely worth keeping. The other three have their good/ bad points. I think we could probably afford to get rid of two of Sanchez/ Dier/ Toby and then bring in one good one, Skriniar is going to cost more now.

Dele is the biggest question. Doesn't quite fit what Jose is playing but with another manager he could be outstanding again.

#39 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 April 2021 - 16:07

View Postold grey yid, on 02 April 2021 - 10:50, said:

Those are great prices .. who do you think has the money to buy these players at pre pandemic prices after the pandemic when the whole football world is about to post yearly losses unheard off before.

True but players we buy will be cheaper as well and don’t forget, we have Daniel Levy.
Dele and Winks are also home grown and they always cost more.

#40 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 April 2021 - 18:37

View Postfentonroad, on 02 April 2021 - 15:06, said:

I will be surprised if anyone we brought in last summer (Doherty) will be moved on in less than a year, but yes Aurier to go.

As others have said a bit over optimistic on values and Davies is worth keeping as Madrid can activate the Reggy buy back clause and/ or Sess isn't setting the world on fire in Germany. Ben can also play centreback.

Along with Aurier, I would sell Sissoko, Winks, Lamela (not worth a new contract) and at least Foyth. Then a decision has to be made on the current centrebacks, Rodon seems to be the only one definitely worth keeping. The other three have their good/ bad points. I think we could probably afford to get rid of two of Sanchez/ Dier/ Toby and then bring in one good one, Skriniar is going to cost more now.

Dele is the biggest question. Doesn't quite fit what Jose is playing but with another manager he could be outstanding again.

Ben can’t play centreback in a back 4, he can play left side in a back 3

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users