• You cannot reply to this topic

Taking The Knee Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 February 2021 - 23:33

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 February 2021 - 18:53, said:

I have a bigger issue with Alan Smith talking for the entire match and often watch without volume , when listening on radio I get totally p!shed off with the volume of the fake crowd or the commentators talking about pigeons because the game is so boring.

Even the feckin cricket has turned to s***e because the Indians can't produce a test standard wicket. Cheating fu kers

Jesus common ground.

Smith is a bore
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#62 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:11

View PostBazali61, on 26 February 2021 - 10:31, said:

But I resent the fact that a political statement is made on my television in my lounge in my home when Iím trying to watch a football match with my family!!

Spot on there my friend, totally agree, I wont look.

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 February 2021 - 18:53, said:

I have a bigger issue with Alan Smith talking for the entire match and often watch without volume , when listening on radio I get totally p!shed off with the volume of the fake crowd or the commentators talking about pigeons because the game is so boring.

Even the feckin cricket has turned to s***e because the Indians can't produce a test standard wicket. Cheating fu kers

Talk of this being taken to the ICC I hope it does.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#63 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 27 February 2021 - 16:31

View Postjourneyman, on 27 February 2021 - 08:11, said:

Spot on there my friend, totally agree, I wont look.

Talk of this being taken to the ICC I hope it does.

A test match that sees 17 wickets fall in 2 sessions on the 2nd day ? Ridiculous.

#64 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:00

As soon as crowds are back this nonsense will end I hope.
If anyone thinks that the majority of the crowd will happily just sit there and let this f***wittery go unprotested then they are in for a shock .

Iím falling out of love with the game as each season passes as it is , this bulls*** just accelerates it . When even black players think itís b******s , itís time to cal it a day ...

If this type is s*** carries in, in 10 years time , players will have to come out half hour earlier , just to get the obligatory virtue signalling out the way ... I long for the days of back when players use to run out the tunnel with a ball in their hand and start warming up .

Now look at the state of them . Standing there in one long line , looking at no one , with a f***ing ball on some kind of podium :.:

God I wish I could get in a time machine and be sent back to when things made sense . Where common sense and normality existed

#65 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:02

View Poststokesie, on 28 February 2021 - 09:00, said:

As soon as crowds are back this nonsense will end I hope.
If anyone thinks that the majority of the crowd will happily just sit there and let this f***wittery go unprotested then they are in for a shock .

Iím falling out of love with the game as each season passes as it is , this bulls*** just accelerates it . When even black players think itís b******s , itís time to cal it a day ...

If this type of s*** carries on, in 10 years time , players will have to come out half hour earlier , just to get the obligatory virtue signalling out the way ... I long for the days of back when players use to run out the tunnel with a ball in their hand and start warming up .

Now look at the state of them . Standing there in one long line , looking at no one , with a f***ing ball on some kind of podium :.:

God I wish I could get in a time machine and be sent back to when things made sense . Where common sense and normality existed

#66 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:03

If someone did invent a time machine , I would literally get on my knees and beg to be the ginea pig .....

#67 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:30

View Poststokesie, on 28 February 2021 - 09:03, said:

If someone did invent a time machine , I would literally get on my knees and beg to be the ginea pig .....

They have, but the guy who owned it when I was a kid sold it all to become a scarecrow

#68 User is offline   old spur 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:38

View Posttomtom, on 22 February 2021 - 11:14, said:

Speaking of sheep there is zero evidence anywhere he kidnapped a pregnant woman. Iíd check your sources.

He was no saint and should be no ones hero but the nonsense spewed about him is exactly what youíd expect from people who want to silence the outrage at his killing.

To get things straight, Floyd didn't kidnap pregnant woman, he broke into her house a pressed a loaded gun into her stomach. He had been arrested 16 times, and been in prison for armed robbery and drugs related crime. Following Floyds death two other black people were killed in the riots by other black people. Apparently those black lives didn't matter. Sorry if it offends anyone, but I think the world is a better place without people like Floyd.

#69 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 February 2021 - 12:02

View Postold spur, on 28 February 2021 - 11:38, said:

To get things straight, Floyd didn't kidnap pregnant woman, he broke into her house a pressed a loaded gun into her stomach.

Again this is apparently false. Thereís nothing other than memes stating she was pregnant, or that he pressed a gun to her stomach. Even the sites that at one point ran that story have now run retractions.

Like I said. Heís not a hero by any means and had definitely done heinous stuff in the past. But his rap sheet as posted by Rog seems to show quite a long period without charges, and some criminals do turn their lives around as some say he did.

#70 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 28 February 2021 - 12:51

View Posttomtom, on 28 February 2021 - 12:02, said:

Again this is apparently false. Thereís nothing other than memes stating she was pregnant, or that he pressed a gun to her stomach. Even the sites that at one point ran that story have now run retractions.

Like I said. Heís not a hero by any means and had definitely done heinous stuff in the past. But his rap sheet as posted by Rog seems to show quite a long period without charges, and some criminals do turn their lives around as some say he did.

Have you thought, some or more of the time he was without charges was when he was banged up for things on his rap sheet he had done.

#71 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 February 2021 - 13:11

I gave up on the whole racism debate when a white guy in the audience of question time pointed out that the UK was a more racially tolerant country in comparison to many other eu countries, a young girl dressed in Muslim attire, then said "what do you know about racism, you are white".

#72 User is offline   electricpace 

• Club Captain

Posted 28 February 2021 - 14:14

Why some think Taking the knee is in remembrance of George Floyd is why I gave up.

#73 User is offline   Bazali61 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2021 - 19:15

View Postelectricpace, on 28 February 2021 - 14:14, said:

Why some think Taking the knee is in remembrance of George Floyd is why I gave up.

I never thought that but do think that itís a racist political statement and should be outlawed

#74 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:04

YES simply put. That whole organisation has nasty undertones.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#75 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:49

View Postold grey yid, on 21 February 2021 - 23:27, said:

Are you for real..its hardly avoidable..maybe the tv companies should give a warning theres a 5 sec party political broadcast forced on you at kick off instead of advertising the compulsory if you dont virtue signal like us you must be a rascist which i along with 99%.5 per cent of the populus are not .
Then you wonder why viewing figures for sporting events are tanking
What if crowds where allowed at sporting events at the moment and some in the crowd decided to dissaprove of the virtue signal by virtue signaling there own displeasure maybe by turning there back, ( what i shall be doing if this carries on when we get back to normality)..section 10 of the human rights act allows us the freedom of speech or expression ..what do you think would happen ?.

https://www.equality...edom-expression

I think a lot of people still don't get the message, it is not hard to understand , the message is to say no to racism and sexism. If that is a bad thing then I don't no what to say to that. Sky sports explained why they have done it and people who don't want to know put there own interpretation of what they think it means.

#76 User is offline   Bazali61 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:24

View PostSpurs scout, on 02 March 2021 - 10:49, said:

I think a lot of people still don't get the message, it is not hard to understand , the message is to say no to racism and sexism. If that is a bad thing then I don't no what to say to that. Sky sports explained why they have done it and people who don't want to know put there own interpretation of what they think it means.

No it isnít hard to understand

Itís blatantly racist in itself slanted against any other race apart from the Black Race

If you want to try and stop racism try ĎAll Lives Matterí not just Black ones!

#77 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:54

View PostSpurs scout, on 02 March 2021 - 10:49, said:

Question!.. do you think sky and sky sports programming in particular stopped advertising blm and moved to 'kick it out' because viewing figures tanked and over 100k subscribers cancelled there sports packages in 8 weeks after the taking the knee virtue signal began or was there another reason?
Viewing figures are now at an 8 year low when the vast majority of the population are stuck indoors.

#78 User is offline   electricpace 

• Club Captain

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:02

View Postold grey yid, on 02 March 2021 - 11:54, said:

Question!.. do you think sky and sky sports programming in particular stopped advertising blm and moved to 'kick it out' because viewing figures tanked and over 100k subscribers cancelled there sports packages in 8 weeks after the taking the knee virtue signal began or was there another reason?
Viewing figures are now at an 8 year low when the vast majority of the population are stuck indoors.

Like to see your source of info on that as I tend to think it's more likely to do with Sky hiking prices to rinse more out of people during lockdown.

#79 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:11

View Postold grey yid, on 02 March 2021 - 11:54, said:

BLM and Kick it out are vitrually the same. I think they should just change there logo to BLM as well. I think we need black people in our room and have a decussion on what they face in every day life.

#80 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:22

View PostSpurs scout, on 02 March 2021 - 12:11, said:

BLM and Kick it out are vitrually the same. I think they should just change there logo to BLM as well. I think we need black people in our room and have a decussion on what they face in every day life.

Next time i talk to troy townsend im going to ask him that question regarding the 2 groups

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users