Planet Spurs Forums: Harry Kane - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harry Kane

#1 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,144
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 16 February 2021 - 22:09

Time for sacrilege

Harry Kane is now nearly 28 and has maybe three good years left in him, and his value will beging to drop as of next year, and drop quickly.

According to TransferMarket website he is currently worth £108 million, with only Mbappe and Neymar worth more.

Spurs do not have the players to compete at the top table of English, let alone European, football, so is it worth while considering cashing in on Harry and using the money that his sale would generate to bring three or four top class players to elevate us to the level where we would like to be. We may have to spend two or three years in mid table mediocrity whilst we get there but, is that a price worth paying.

Harry is injury prone. There is definitely a weakness around his ankles and we can pretty much guarantee that he will misss 8 to 10 games a season because of injury. Its a tough call, but is it one Levy will consider
0

#2 User is offline   Billy1882 

  • Trialist
  • Pip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 16-February 21

Posted 16 February 2021 - 22:51

View PostSteveB, on 16 February 2021 - 22:09, said:

Time for sacrilege

Harry Kane is now nearly 28 and has maybe three good years left in him, and his value will beging to drop as of next year, and drop quickly.

According to TransferMarket website he is currently worth £108 million, with only Mbappe and Neymar worth more.

Spurs do not have the players to compete at the top table of English, let alone European, football, so is it worth while considering cashing in on Harry and using the money that his sale would generate to bring three or four top class players to elevate us to the level where we would like to be. We may have to spend two or three years in mid table mediocrity whilst we get there but, is that a price worth paying.

Harry is injury prone. There is definitely a weakness around his ankles and we can pretty much guarantee that he will misss 8 to 10 games a season because of injury. Its a tough call, but is it one Levy will consider


Given the current climate, I doubt if anyone is willing to pay what we will be asking. As you pointed out he is injury prone, which will also put off any perspective buyers.
It would take a serious bid for Levy to let his prize asset go.
0

#3 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,136
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 16 February 2021 - 23:46

View PostBilly1882, on 16 February 2021 - 22:51, said:

Given the current climate, I doubt if anyone is willing to pay what we will be asking. As you pointed out he is injury prone, which will also put off any perspective buyers.
It would take a serious bid for Levy to let his prize asset go.

Who to replace him with is the question
0

#4 User is offline   willyid82 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,989
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:21

You make some good points Steve , but the argument against that is that when he is playing he is probably the best all round player in the league .

So id debate are we wasting his talent by not providing him with a sufficient enough set up to make the most of his talent ?

We donít often get players like Kane who have stuck around and it feels like weíre wasting this time we do have him .

Anyway initial answer to your question is no if he is happy to stay keep him all day long .
0

#5 User is offline   journeyman 

  • player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 21,610
  • Joined: 01-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:29

Our Mr L is a money man and has shown in the past he really cannot resist. Considering the very good points that Steve made if such an offer did come I would bet it would be even money or odds on Mr L would sell. just an opinion thats all.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.
0

#6 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,144
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:01

View Postwillyid82, on 17 February 2021 - 06:21, said:

You make some good points Steve , but the argument against that is that when he is playing he is probably the best all round player in the league .

So id debate are we wasting his talent by not providing him with a sufficient enough set up to make the most of his talent ?

We donít often get players like Kane who have stuck around and it feels like weíre wasting this time we do have him .

Anyway initial answer to your question is no if he is happy to stay keep him all day long .

Agree 100% Willy but you raise three important questions

1) Do the club have the same ambition as Kane or are they happy to do an Arsenal and view CL qualification as success

2) If so are they prepared to finance it the way that FSG have at Liverpool

& 3) Is Harry prepared to wait for it to happen. At 28 he does not have that long left
0

#7 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 5,554
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:07

If we sell Kane we may as well sell Son too and all the deadwood and rebuild the squad completely. I donít know how f***ed the club is financially (canít imagine we are flourishing) and how desperately we need cash right now but it may be an option to consider. The problem is that if we are in need of money right now, selling Kane doesnít mean we can reinvest that money in the squad..... So then we would be super f***ed.
Also I donít know if there are many clubs willing to pay the amount Levy would demand, especially right now and as you say with Kane ageing and his injury record.

A lot hinges on how we do in the cup final, Europa league and league position. We need CL money, despite all the cries for a trophy which are understandable as I want a trophy too, CL money is what keeps big clubs at the top. A very difficult ask considering how things are going at the minute but thatís the truth.
0

#8 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,144
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:34

View PostChrisPienaar, on 17 February 2021 - 08:07, said:

If we sell Kane we may as well sell Son too and all the deadwood and rebuild the squad completely. I donít know how f***ed the club is financially (canít imagine we are flourishing) and how desperately we need cash right now but it may be an option to consider. The problem is that if we are in need of money right now, selling Kane doesnít mean we can reinvest that money in the squad..... So then we would be super f***ed.
Also I donít know if there are many clubs willing to pay the amount Levy would demand, especially right now and as you say with Kane ageing and his injury record.

A lot hinges on how we do in the cup final, Europa league and league position. We need CL money, despite all the cries for a trophy which are understandable as I want a trophy too, CL money is what keeps big clubs at the top. A very difficult ask considering how things are going at the minute but thatís the truth


I wouldn't hold out too much hope for League Cup Final. If Citeh play to their potential there is really only one winner. Top four is a pipe dream, so realistically our season hinges on Europe league
0

#9 User is offline   electricpace 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,015
  • Joined: 01-April 14
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:08

View PostSteveB, on 17 February 2021 - 08:01, said:



1) Do the club have the same ambition as Kane or are they happy to do an Arsenal and view CL qualification as success

2) If so are they prepared to finance it the way that FSG have at Liverpool

& 3) Is Harry prepared to wait for it to happen. At 28 he does not have that long left


Good questions !

1) The clubs mission is to finish in the top 4. It's all about revenue first for ENIC. So if Harry is happy ONLY with the pursuit of CL qualification with the odd chance of 'maybe' scooping up a domestic cup along the way then yes, club and player have the same ambition.

2) FSG is a sports group so by default its their nature to be competitive therefore Liverpool FC have been backed to succeed on the pitch. ENIC are an investment company, so by default nature its about making money, saving money, protecting investment. Big difference between the 2 sets of owners so a definite no, ENIC will not run a club the same way as FSG.

3) Kane is in his prime now and any world class player expect to be, and should be winning things at the highest level. I truly believe Levy will be tested in the summer not just by potential suiters but by the player himself.

That's how I see it anyway.
0

#10 User is offline   superspurs1981 

  • Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 190
  • Joined: 06-April 17

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:12

View PostSteveB, on 17 February 2021 - 08:34, said:

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for League Cup Final. If Citeh play to their potential there is really only one winner. Top four is a pipe dream, so realistically our season hinges on Europe league


The Cup Final is a one off game that either team can win, we have played each other twice in the league having each won once. I am not giving up hope on a match thatís over two months away - especially if we have everyone fit for that game.

Top four in the league is in the balance - we have gone through an absolutely horrendous spell it really canít get much worse - 3 points out of 15 but all that said and done if we win our game in hand we will be 3 points from the top 4. We have got to start winning in the league otherwise we can forget it - and again the teams above us have some very tasty matches coming up against each other while we seem to have played most of our rivals twice already as Mourinho has pointed out.

The Europa league is a lottery at present, we have no idea about this wolfsberger lot hopefully we can win but IF we do then no idea who we are drawn against - some v v big teams are still in the mix and they will want to win it to!
0

#11 User is offline   old grey yid 

  • spurs legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,222
  • Joined: 01-July 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:51

Has any one of you ever thought that harry is a family guy with a big family unit around him which he is really comfortable in,has 3 young children including a 3 month old that may effect his short term future..you never know he may even be comfortable knowing hes got 3 years left on a very lucrative contract and vice versa he may be an attraction to players who may like to play with him at spurs the fecking club your all supposed to support...some of you make me puke.

As for hes injury prone and hes only got a couple of years left ?..swivel your head .

Jesus ,fickle is not a strong enough word either for most of you, the word i would like to use is not appropriate..if anyone wants to pm me id be happy to call you it.

And as i understand it our financial situation is enviuos in comparison to most clubs.
0

#12 User is offline   superspurs1981 

  • Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 190
  • Joined: 06-April 17

Posted 17 February 2021 - 11:02

Iím not the slightest bit worries at all about Harry.

1. He loves spurs, family is spurs fans etc
2. We are looking after him financially heís on a v good deal
3. Levy wonít sell - no-one wants to negotiate with Levy, god knows what he would ask for but world record transfer comes to mind!!!
4. All the big clubs are suffering massive financial losses they are in no shape to offer the kind of money we would want. Apart from city and chelski who have owners who will just pay, he wouldnít go to chelski so rule that out and city seem to be pre-occupied chasing Messi - if they get him they donít need a Harry Kane type player

Out of all the above my firmest belief is that at present Harry seems happy with spurs.

I really havenít thought about him leaving, just donít see it happening in at least the next 12 months
0

#13 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,600
  • Joined: 11-July 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 February 2021 - 11:22

It is unusual to have any player (let alone a world-class one) be a one-club player in this day and age. And for a player to become that same clubs all-time record goal scorer is even rarer (I can only recall Lampard at the Chavs and Shearer at Newcastle doing it recently).

I obviously donít know Harryís mindset, but I bet if you offered him becoming our all-time top scorer, or a handful of medals at another club, heíd choose the former. Chances are that when - not if - he passes Greavsieís total, it will never be bettered.

So, keep Kane. A few quid in the bank is no compensation whatever way you look at it.
0

#14 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,144
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:47

View Postold grey yid, on 17 February 2021 - 10:51, said:

Has any one of you ever thought that harry is a family guy with a big family unit around him which he is really comfortable in,has 3 young children including a 3 month old that may effect his short term future..you never know he may even be comfortable knowing hes got 3 years left on a very lucrative contract and vice versa he may be an attraction to players who may like to play with him at spurs the fecking club your all supposed to support...some of you make me puke.

As for hes injury prone and hes only got a couple of years left ?..swivel your head .

Jesus ,fickle is not a strong enough word either for most of you, the word i would like to use is not appropriate..if anyone wants to pm me id be happy to call you it.

And as i understand it our financial situation is enviuos in comparison to most clubs.


I take it that was a pop at me. We are all welcome to an opinion even if it differs to the one yhat you happen to hold. If you happened to read my thread I was just voicing a couple of thoughts and not advocating a course of action either way.

Finally could i point you the TomTom's recent comment saying that personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated under any circumstances. This is something that I have taken on board - hopefully in time you will also.
0

#15 User is offline   old grey yid 

  • spurs legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,222
  • Joined: 01-July 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 February 2021 - 13:00

View PostSteveB, on 17 February 2021 - 12:47, said:

I take it that was a pop at me. We are all welcome to an opinion even if it differs to the one yhat you happen to hold. If you happened to read my thread I was just voicing a couple of thoughts and not advocating a course of action either way.

Finally could i point you the TomTom's recent comment saying that personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated under any circumstances. This is something that I have taken on board - hopefully in time you will also.

Make of it what you will steve.. its a pop at all on here who have the same notion..if we where challenging for the prem etc this thread would not be thought off, it goes with the general appaling nature and fickle support we seem to be world famous for .
0

#16 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 11,933
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 February 2021 - 14:23

if Kane pushed to leave I would understand it.

If he doesn't I wouldn't dream of selling.

Kane will go down as one of the greatest strikers in premier league history, and we will not be able to replace him.

Look at Werner at Chelsea who some on here were lining up as Kane's successor last time this came up a year ago. He may come good but you could easily spend 200M on strikers over the next 4 years and never come close to replacing Kane's contribution to Spurs.
0

#17 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 17 February 2021 - 16:21

View Postold grey yid, on 17 February 2021 - 10:51, said:

Has any one of you ever thought that harry is a family guy with a big family unit around him which he is really comfortable in,has 3 young children including a 3 month old that may effect his short term future..you never know he may even be comfortable knowing hes got 3 years left on a very lucrative contract and vice versa he may be an attraction to players who may like to play with him at spurs the fecking club your all supposed to support...some of you make me puke.

As for hes injury prone and hes only got a couple of years left ?..swivel your head .

Jesus ,fickle is not a strong enough word either for most of you, the word i would like to use is not appropriate..if anyone wants to pm me id be happy to call you it.

And as i understand it our financial situation is enviuos in comparison to most clubs.

We sold Greaves and sacked Billy Nick, and have Mourinho as our manager.............and your having a go at PS posters ? Jeez, the attempts to shut down opinions and debate on here are embarrassing.

Perhaps admin could give us a list of banned topics, instead of banning posters with a very selective approach.

I,m out for a while, might be back when Mourinho and his fickle followers have finished with their mini revolution.
0

#18 User is offline   old grey yid 

  • spurs legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,222
  • Joined: 01-July 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 February 2021 - 16:56

View PostYidio Yidio, on 17 February 2021 - 16:21, said:

We sold Greaves and sacked Billy Nick, and have Mourinho as our manager.............and your having a go at PS posters ? Jeez, the attempts to shut down opinions and debate on here are embarrassing.

Perhaps admin could give us a list of banned topics, instead of banning posters with a very selective approach.

I,m out for a while, might be back when Mourinho and his fickle followers have finished with their mini revolution.

yawn
0

#19 User is offline   SteveB 

  • Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,144
  • Joined: 27-February 17

Posted 17 February 2021 - 16:56

View PostYidio Yidio, on 17 February 2021 - 16:21, said:

We sold Greaves and sacked Billy Nick, and have Mourinho as our manager.............and your having a go at PS posters ? Jeez, the attempts to shut down opinions and debate on here are embarrassing.

Perhaps admin could give us a list of banned topics, instead of banning posters with a very selective approach.

I,m out for a while, might be back when Mourinho and his fickle followers have finished with their mini revolution.


Well we all know that certain members are given a lot more leeway to express their opinion than others in these forums. If you have ever read Orwell's Animal Farm, you would know that all animals are equal but some are more equal than others
0

#20 User is offline   old grey yid 

  • spurs legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,222
  • Joined: 01-July 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 February 2021 - 16:56

Yawn
0

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users