• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harry Kane

#41 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:59

View Posttomtom, on 18 February 2021 - 00:36, said:

yidio now has a 1 week ban and OGY a 2 day ban.

PLAY THE BALL NOT THE MAN

Just seen this mate.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#42 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:00

League cup will be nice for him but wonít be a persuading factor IMO.

Winning Europa would hold more weight Iím sure but is a tough ask. Iíve not given up on top 4. Weíre genuinely a couple tweaks in the team away from being good enough for it IMO. Starts with a win against West Ham.

#43 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:01

Also have to take in to account what Ogy said Kane is settles has young children etc so he just might not want to be seeking trophys, and his happy to play for his club earn a decent wage and play till the end of his career, after all not every player has dreams like Keano, berbatov, bale, modric etc etc . :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#44 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 19 February 2021 - 12:08

View Postjourneyman, on 19 February 2021 - 11:01, said:

Also have to take in to account what Ogy said Kane is settles has young children etc so he just might not want to be seeking trophys, and his happy to play for his club earn a decent wage and play till the end of his career, after all not every player has dreams like Keano, berbatov, bale, modric etc etc . :niceone:

And which striker wouldnít want to be a clubís all-time top goal-scorer and go down as a living legend? Worth more than a handful of medals.

#45 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2021 - 12:30

View Postjourneyman, on 19 February 2021 - 11:01, said:

I disagree with OGY's comments about his strength of family. His children are still very young, i think his oldest is 4, so they wont have started school properly and wont have made that many friends so to move to another part of the country, or even abroad, should not be a huge wrench.

As a top notch sportsman Harry Kane must have ambitions to play for a top rated team and earn top money - after all a top class sportsman's life at the very top is relatively short. Harry has already said that once his football career is over he wants to go stateside and have a go in the NFL.

Realistically you have to look at the situation and say that until and unless Spurs as a club is taken over by some incredibly wealthy individual in the mould of Abramovitch, Glazer or Makthoum, we will not reach the heights that those clubs have reached.

Will harry Kane be content wth maybe a couple of Carabou Cup nners medals and an occasional run in the Champs League. Time for a rality check here - the answer is no - and that is what sets a really top class sportsman apart from the journeyman pro

#46 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 February 2021 - 12:40

Kane loves Spurs and probably loves his life here but if we finish mid table even if we win a league cup the pressure on him from the football fraternity to move on to greener pastures will be overwhelming. I really wouldn't bank on him being here unless we look like we're going to match his ambitions. I think Levy hiring Mourinho was an attempt to do that, one that is at the moment backfiring but may yet turn a corner. I don't think Levy would let him go without a big fight to keep him.

#47 User is online   superspurs1981 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2021 - 14:49

The money that Levy would ask for Kane even if he did want to leave would be ridiculous! The media have plucked a figure of £150 million this week - really?? 30+ goals a season guaranteed plus assists is available for £150 million, I would be asking for a lot more than that!! Pogba floats around sometimes playing the odd decent pass or scores the odd decent flashy goal and they paid £90 million a few years back - how much for kane??

I havenít seen anywhere that Harry Kane has asked to leave - thatís the only reason we would sell him, he would have to request a transfer and I donít see him doing that

#48 User is online   superspurs1981 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2021 - 15:26

The media have gone on speed with this buy Harry Kane stuff this week - funny how itís before what can only be called a make or break game against West spam

We win and we are 3 points from top 4 and itís game on, lose and top 4 is gone and the potential of Harry leaving increases.

Wonder if the two are linked.......

#49 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:35

Interesting theory.

Saw Sky have run an article on it almost every day this week.

#50 User is offline   Really!!! 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2021 - 16:40

First up anyone who thinks players have some sort of loyalty due to "boyhood club" status are totally off thier coupon. Yeah players have boyhood clubs but they live in an environment where players come and go on a seasonal basis and they all had boyhood clubs.. That's just life, that link is not as big or relevant as some would have you believe or why would people move.

Frankly to us he is priceless but we can't force him to stay and I'd never want him to leave but Id rather sell him for 150m than 75.

#51 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 February 2021 - 17:30

View PostReally!!!, on 20 February 2021 - 16:40, said:

First up anyone who thinks players have some sort of loyalty due to "boyhood club" status are totally off thier coupon. Yeah players have boyhood clubs but they live in an environment where players come and go on a seasonal basis and they all had boyhood clubs.. That's just life, that link is not as big or relevant as some would have you believe or why would people move.

Frankly to us he is priceless but we can't force him to stay and I'd never want him to leave but Id rather sell him for 150m than 75.

Itís possible Kane could be a one off and his love for the club is unique.

Unfortunately for us though I do think players like Kane who have absolute 100% dedication to become better also have ambitions .

#52 User is online   electricpace 

• Club Captain

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:14

If PSG can shift Neymar and Mbappe out to Spain then France could be a likely destination for him.

#53 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:59

it looks like the odds of Harry Kane pulling on a Spurs shirt ar the start of next season are lengthening with every passing match. If he goes, likely to PSG, what is the likelihood of Son going too. Unless we win the Europa and qualify for CL that way, I can see them both going to sides that will win things

Looks like Daniel could have upwards of £200 million to use to offset some of the stadium debt

#54 User is offline   GlennintheUK 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:03

Harry is obviously a great player and I would love to have him at our club for his whole career BUT he is so central / too important to how we play that I've thought for some time it's just not 'healthy' for us. Basically, if Harry is injured or off form, we're unlikely to get a result. I know we had a decent run when he first went down with the ankle injury but in the two subsequent periods, that hasn't been the case. Sonny - himself having a poor run lately - just goes missing when harry isn't there and we have no plan B to get the ball in the net. It's almost like we don't expect to get a result. When we did something dramatic in the cl semi-final, that was desperation driving us and Moura having the game of his life. How was he rewarded? Yep, you're not in the final and I'm bringing in a half-fit Harry. The world and his mother know Harry takes a couple of games to get back into it after injury. How many of us at the time disagreed with that decision? I know I did but Poch had to have Harry in the team at all costs.

If you want to win things you have to bring your A-game when it counts and, as I see it, Harry has gone missing when it really counts as much as some of the others. Look at yesterday, couldn't get a shot on target.

So, looking at what happens if he goes, could it not be better for the longer term health of the team to bring in several very good players who could give us more of a collective style of play rather than one that is so dominated by one player? At the moment, we can't even get a good second striker in because everyone knows they won't get game time.

I'm not trying to be controversial here, I'm just looking to be a glass half-full sort of guy should the club and Harry decide it's time to move on....

#55 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:09

View PostGlennintheUK, on 22 February 2021 - 09:03, said:

Harry is obviously a great player and I would love to have him at our club for his whole career BUT he is so central / too important to how we play that I've thought for some time it's just not 'healthy' for us. Basically, if Harry is injured or off form, we're unlikely to get a result. I know we had a decent run when he first went down with the ankle injury but in the two subsequent periods, that hasn't been the case. Sonny - himself having a poor run lately - just goes missing when harry isn't there and we have no plan B to get the ball in the net. It's almost like we don't expect to get a result. When we did something dramatic in the cl semi-final, that was desperation driving us and Moura having the game of his life. How was he rewarded? Yep, you're not in the final and I'm bringing in a half-fit Harry. The world and his mother know Harry takes a couple of games to get back into it after injury. How many of us at the time disagreed with that decision? I know I did but Poch had to have Harry in the team at all costs.

If you want to win things you have to bring your A-game when it counts and, as I see it, Harry has gone missing when it really counts as much as some of the others. Look at yesterday, couldn't get a shot on target.

So, looking at what happens if he goes, could it not be better for the longer term health of the team to bring in several very good players who could give us more of a collective style of play rather than one that is so dominated by one player? At the moment, we can't even get a good second striker in because everyone knows they won't get game time.

I'm not trying to be controversial here, I'm just looking to be a glass half-full sort of guy should the club and Harry decide it's time to move on....

All very good points but the knock on effect of Harry going wouls be immense, not least the departure of Son. We have two close to World class players at Spurs who are sadly surrounded by a lot of dross. Winks, Sissoko, Sanchez, Dier,Toby, Davies, Bergwyn etc. None would get into any other top Premiership side and some e.g. Winks and Sissoko wouldnt get into many struggling ones either

#56 User is offline   GlennintheUK 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:19

View PostSteveB, on 22 February 2021 - 09:09, said:

All very good points but the knock on effect of Harry going wouls be immense, not least the departure of Son. We have two close to World class players at Spurs who are sadly surrounded by a lot of dross. Winks, Sissoko, Sanchez, Dier,Toby, Davies, Bergwyn etc. None would get into any other top Premiership side and some e.g. Winks and Sissoko wouldnt get into many struggling ones either

Agreed but we won't be able to finance the much-needed improvements in those areas without either selling our main player(s) or dramatically improving our scouting / recruitment and/or promoting from the youth set-up. Bit of a catch-22.

I'm not sure I agree with you about Son being close to world-class - he has too many off days to be in that bracket for me. I'd rather have a functioning collective of good players than a team reliant on two star players pretty much every game.

#57 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:20

View Postelectricpace, on 22 February 2021 - 08:14, said:

If PSG can shift Neymar and Mbappe out to Spain then France could be a likely destination for him.

Its exactly that ?..shifting both,currently the two most expensive rated players on the planet..who buys them in the covid ravaged market where even barca and madrid are completley debt ravaged and skint..man city cant buy everyone and even they are counting pennies to some extent.

Going to france would be a clear step down in league status and class imho for harry
And imho there wont be many options other than man city or man city or man city this summer and i doubt levy would sell to them other than the player himself expressing an interest in them.

#58 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:43

View Postold grey yid, on 22 February 2021 - 09:20, said:

Its exactly that ?..shifting both,currently the two most expensive rated players on the planet..who buys them in the covid ravaged market where even barca and madrid are completley debt ravaged and skint..man city cant buy everyone and even they are counting pennies to some extent.

Going to france would be a clear step down in league status and class imho for harry
And imho there wont be many options other than man city or man city or man city this summer and i doubt levy would sell to them other than the player himself expressing an interest in them.

Real Madrid are backed by Spanish Government so i cant see that the debt situation will greatly concern them.

#59 User is online   electricpace 

• Club Captain

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:59

There are certain clubs that have 'access' to pots of money. If a player is wanted a 'by any means necessary' deal will be found. Elite clubs have exploited FFP rules for years which shows they get their own way with grubby cash.

I agree Ligue 1 is sub standard compared to the Prem but PSG are the Globetrotters of the sport and could be a perfect fit for Harry if he wants to be a worldie. As for City, Levy rarely declines selling to an English club who come knocking for star players and I expect the rumour mill to be cranking up the nearer we get to the summer.

Nothing to do with the financial point you're making but more of a club ethics one: It's difficult to forget Levy let Keane & Berbatov go at the same time which decimated the team so I'm never shocked at the prospect that Levy would sell ANY player to any club including Kane.

Kane has some serious thinking to do. Does he match the clubs ambition or if he has one chase his own? Big summer coming up.

#60 User is offline   SteveB 

• Club Captain

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:05

View Postelectricpace, on 22 February 2021 - 09:59, said:

There are certain clubs that have 'access' to pots of money. If a player is wanted a 'by any means necessary' deal will be found. Elite clubs have exploited FFP rules for years which shows they get their own way with grubby cash.

I agree Ligue 1 is sub standard compared to the Prem but PSG are the Globetrotters of the sport and could be a perfect fit for Harry if he wants to be a worldie. As for City, Levy rarely declines selling to an English club who come knocking for star players and I expect the rumour mill to be cranking up the nearer we get to the summer.

Nothing to do with the financial point you're making but more of a club ethics one: It's difficult to forget Levy let Keane & Berbatov go at the same time which decimated the team so I'm never shocked at the prospect that Levy would sell ANY player to any club including Kane.

Kane has some serious thinking to do. Does he match the clubs ambition or if he has one chase his own? Big summer coming up.

Thereby lies the crux of the problem. Nobody seems to know what Levy's ambition is other than to pack the stadium out for NFL games

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users