• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs v Burnley

#1 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 19 February 2021 - 14:07

At the time of writing this 48 hrs before the spam game Im hopeful we will have beaten spam, or at worse drawn, had another good work out against wolfsburg with a comfortable win,(I hope non of this is tempting fate)and now readu and fired upfor this return fixture on our own patch. we I think had a bit of a fortunate win in the away fixture with a son goal somewhere in the 70 minute mark.

what I remember of that is we were sloopy, made them look good we gave up possesion to easy gave them needless chances, one where by Kane had to clear off the line, i hope not to have a repeat of that sort of playing, so I will boldy regardless of what ever has happened before this game predict a 2-0 win for us, but if its more then all the better.I will leave team selection to you guys who are more into that than me :rolleyes: I just prefer to wait and see. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#2 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 21 February 2021 - 17:25

Next three games will determine mourinhos future - Burnley, Fulham and palace. Needs to be 3 wins really, maybe 2 wins and a draw if other results go our way. Otherwise should be curtains.

#3 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 22 February 2021 - 16:15

View PostChrisPienaar, on 21 February 2021 - 17:25, said:

Next three games will determine mourinhos future - Burnley, Fulham and palace. Needs to be 3 wins really, maybe 2 wins and a draw if other results go our way. Otherwise should be curtains.

The biggest problem is the sloppy defense we have.
Though we have a Total of 9 Defenders, Jose don't know who is the Best 4 up to now. We have Doherty, Aurier, Alderwierald, Dier, Sanchez, Rodon, Tanganga, Davies and Reguilon, all good defenders on paper but conceding loads of goals due to lack of concentration on the field. To add to it, many mistakes committed by Lloris.

I personally don't see any way how Jose can sort this problem now.
We have to wait until the next season to bring in new defenders, a keeper and a playermaker, either by Jose or a New Manager.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#4 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 February 2021 - 17:19

Lloris
Doherty Toby Tanganga Reguilon
Ndombele Hojbjerg
Lucas Bale Son
Kane

My line up for Burnley.Iíve not yet seen Toby and Tanganga play together? Might be worry a try?
I hope we rest a few in the Europa

#5 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 February 2021 - 22:30

Lloris

Aurier Dier Toby Reguilon

Hojberg Ndombele

Bale Lucas Son

Kane

#6 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 February 2021 - 22:34

Tough game . I would say bale has to start after Sunday . But I wouldnít bet against Jose not playing him . No Sanchez please .

Not sure what the score will be . I literally have no idea

#7 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:47

sadly I feel if we continue in the same mould as the past few games, and Burnley turn up it might not be good for us, we cannot and should not rely on apposition having a bad so we can win, but need to uyp the anti ourselves, If possible!!

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#8 User is offline   Itsafunnyoldgame 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:50

JM will drop GB and Dele to the bench , weíll revert to type and give BFC the ball and try to catch them on the break . One thing JM hates in my opinion is to be told heís wrong , so he will play Sanchez and we will sit deep . My forecast either 1-1 or a away win sadly. Still think we threw the baby out with the bath water after our infamous 3 gaols in 8 minutes V Spammers. JM should have really tried to train , educate and show the players who caused the errors how and what to do in future. But we were dragged back into a ultra defensive mode for the majority of games after the 3-3 , as many have said we are naturally a team built for offensive footie , our downfall is JM believing we are capable of withstanding giving the opposition 70% possession and not conceding goals. How many head starts do we have to give teams before we try to play attacking footie , as shown on Sunday we huffed and puffed once again to all our frustrations.

#9 User is offline   Really!!! 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2021 - 00:40

Long time waiting for some improvement and occasionally there has been one step forward but quickly followed by 2 backwards. For the last 30 on Sunday we looked decent, it would be nice to start that way, but it appears our players are scared to try anything and worse still don't seem to know what to do when we attack. Jose says he will be remembered for the right reasons, well he better start soon because the only people who are celebrating him now are gonners and chavs.

#10 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:28

totally agree unless things start now as you say he certainly will not be remembered by Spurs fans for anhything but total dismal failure and a waste of money.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#11 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 February 2021 - 20:49

Letís take the confidence into this match - come on lads! Bale needs to start and Dele has made a case for himself too. COYS

#12 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 24 February 2021 - 20:59

same starting line up? or actually start Bale?

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#13 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 24 February 2021 - 22:30

Great win against Wolfsberger but it will be tougher against Burnley.

Will go for :

Lloris

Tanganga Rodon Alderwierald Reguilon

Hojbjerg NDombele

Bale Dele Son

Kane
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#14 User is offline   Billy1882 

• Trialist
  • Pip

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:45

Bale has to start this game. He could be the spark we need to get our season back on track.
Dele has to be in with a shout too.
The player I am most concerned about is Son, he has been poor for weeks for some reason. Hopefully if Bale starts, it could kick start Sonny and we get back to the kind of form we showed early on this season.

Iím expecting the usual turgid slog against this lot but think we will nick it 1-0.
3 wins from our next 3 games and life will seem ok (ish) again.

#15 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:59

totally with you on this one Billy Son is a bit of a concern i feel, I also think that when Kanes is off song sony does,nt seem to fire on all cylinders. I really hope bale starts and plays as long as possible, Deli as well, as you say I think one or both of these could just be the spark to light the touch paper.Here,s hoping.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#16 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:11

Yep Son has not been getting the match involvements in terms of assists or goals but this is the problem with our squad. We are so reliant on him and Kane that when they go off form they are poor and not up for it. In other teams you get dropped/rested a couple of games and you come back fighting OR other teammates pick up the slack and you wouldnít even be talking about Son.
The problem is if you drop him and we donít win everyone will have a field day with why didnít he start. Iím hopeful he will put his bad patch behind him and start scoring again.

#17 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:18

View PostRoshan, on 24 February 2021 - 22:30, said:

Great win against Wolfsberger but it will be tougher against Burnley.

Will go for :

Lloris

Tanganga Rodon Alderwierald Reguilon

Hojbjerg NDombele

Bale Dele Son

Kane

Thatís the team Iíd go with but Iíd swap Toby and Rodon. Rodon played left side for Swansea and Wales but I think Jose will go for Aurier-Sanchez- Dier-Reggie

#18 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 February 2021 - 18:40

View Postgriff, on 25 February 2021 - 11:18, said:

Thatís the team Iíd go with but Iíd swap Toby and Rodon. Rodon played left side for Swansea and Wales but I think Jose will go for Aurier-Sanchez- Dier-Reggie

Yeap, would be great if Jose use his common sense instead of his Ego when selecting the Team.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#19 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:11

I will second that for sure, its time to realise its a team game and not his ego,s.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#20 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:33

View PostRoshan, on 25 February 2021 - 18:40, said:

Yeap, would be great if Jose use his common sense instead of his Ego when selecting the Team.

He won't change, certainly not him driving the open football that we all crave, it wasn't what his supporters claimed he would bring to the table.

We now have a fanbase asking for line ups that its very clear a different type of manager would more readily choose.

We actually have a guy needing to learn on the job, like any younger manager would need to.

People have said Scott Parker is to inexperienced, yet we have a manager experimenting constantly and not finding any answers.

We have a manager who has said he cannot fix THFC,s problems with a coaching team 2nd to none.

He won't officially resign, but he has, hasn,t he ?

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users