• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs v Burnley

#141 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 16:12

View PostLonspurs, on 01 March 2021 - 12:25, said:

A decent enough opinion overall but in reply to your (and Jose's comment) about Bale, consider this: I watched him skin 3 defenders against City (the top team) and force their goalie into a very good save. I watched him smack the bar with a difficult shot against West Ham. Had it been a few inches lower the power alone would have taken it in off the
crossbar. I watched him feint to shoot from the wing against Wolfsburg and then cut inside and bury the ball. He COMPLETELY left the defender for dead, so much so that Gareth had time to make his breakfast before he scored. I watched him dart down the wing against Burnley and leave the defender flat-footed, much like he used to in the old days. I watched him deliver a beautiful long ball for Kane to score. I watched him curl a shot into the bottom left hand corner with such precision that Pope hardly moved. I'm not suggesting that Bale is as good as when he was 25 but how MANY players in the PL could have done all those things????

I was wondering if Bale still had quick feet and he has. I was wondering if Bale still had a turn of speed and it appears (even if it might be sporadic) that he has. I was wondering if he still has that wand of a left foot shot and he has. Bale is STILL world-class. It is difficult to think of any British player who has achieved what he has abroad. Indeed, he has already proved that he is a big-game player.

If Bale can stay fit and free from injury and be used CAREFULLY he is experienced enough to set us alight. The guy is a natural and his tank is far from empty.

Excellent post and everyword correct, I totally agree with you, and what he can do with the ball would be impossible for a lot to copy, he is a natural talent, this is not something you can train a player to do it is a gift.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#142 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 01 March 2021 - 16:25

View Postjourneyman, on 01 March 2021 - 16:12, said:

Excellent post and everyword correct, I totally agree with you, and what he can do with the ball would be impossible for a lot to copy, he is a natural talent, this is not something you can train a player to do it is a gift.

Totally agree and if you can rotate the central and wide attacking players between him, Son, Moura, Dele and Lamela we should have enough to give others a break as well as Bale. Sonny must be tired too.

Haven't included Bergwijn as he hasn't scored yet this season. I think he has the potential but it is hard justifying a place on the bench for him ahead the above or the subs from yesterday without losing cover in a position:

Hart
Doherty
Dier
Davies
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela
Alli
Vinnie

#143 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2021 - 16:28

View Postjourneyman, on 01 March 2021 - 16:12, said:

I just hope he can stay fit and stay free from injury because he certainly is an entertaining footballer and Pre-Covid would have put bums on seats. I like Gareth as much as I liked Gazza and Hoddle.

#144 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 20:25

Likewise mate. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#145 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2021 - 00:23

View PostParklaner, on 01 March 2021 - 05:03, said:

Reading the comments I’m obviously on my own with this BUT I didn’t think it was great yesterday.
Yes we were sharp in front of goal & good on the break but in possession I thought we were pretty average at times & we still had some pretty alarming problems when in transition from attacking to defending.
Burnley offered very little but still had some big openings at 1-0 & 2-0 that j.rod failed to take advantage of & should of done better on at least one of them.
I thought Burnley tried to open up & press from the off & thought they could get at us & seemed to want to push up the park which was a huge mistake on they’re part as it played into our biggest plus point this season as we still are a real threat on the break.

Bale was classy & so was Kane & we deserved the result but that performance against higher placed opponents ie sides like West Ham villa etc & imo we’d of struggled big time.
When we are in transition we look wide open.

Good result much tougher tests to come

Good to see you staying grounded Parks

I still believe with clean sheet and abundance of goals off the back of Europa that can be built on.

Jose has to see both results and see attacking atm is the best thing we can do until we get more c***s at the back
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#146 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:04

As you say RR totally agree, and as I think you have said before a winning mentality, scoring goals, mind set etc, can and will work wonders, and not only cojuld but would transform us.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#147 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2021 - 14:47

Since losing 4-0 to spurs good old Burnley have gone on & taken points off Leicester & Arsenal

Outstanding

:clap: :clap:

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users