Planet Spurs Forums: Spurs v Burnley - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 8 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs v Burnley

#21 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,760
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:51

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 February 2021 - 07:33, said:

He won't change, certainly not him driving the open football that we all crave, it wasn't what his supporters claimed he would bring to the table.

We now have a fanbase asking for line ups that its very clear a different type of manager would more readily choose.

We actually have a guy needing to learn on the job, like any younger manager would need to.

People have said Scott Parker is to inexperienced, yet we have a manager experimenting constantly and not finding any answers.

We have a manager who has said he cannot fix THFC,s problems with a coaching team 2nd to none.

He won't officially resign, but he has, hasn,t he ?


I'm not trying to stick up for Jose but he has changed by not playing two out and out defensive centre midfielders and I don't think his recent lineups, especially in midfield and attack are much different from what most of us would pick. Jose seems to favour

PEH Tanguy
Moura Lamela Son
Kane

He's keeping Tanguy on the pitch for the whole game and managed to generally not play Winks, Sissoko and Bergwijn who aren't bringing enough to the table, and Spurs are better for it. We are all desperate for Bale and Dele to get more time and play in the prem but to be honest they have only shown form against lower level opponents. Fingers crossed though Wednesday was the turning point, Bale and Dele might start. To be honest Erik and Moura have done okay and there's not much to pick between the four of them. For me it's Sonny who is frustrating at the moment, selfish and playing poorly.

Regarding the defence he's trying to get a song out of what appears not good enough players, my only main gripe is the constant change and use of Sanchez. Aurier (although he's only dropped one clanger this season) has most of the time been good but Doherty hasn't shown good constant form. Jose just cant't find a good centre back combo as Dier just seems to lead well and then drop a clanger. I would like him to pick a four and stick with it now. For me it would be Aurier, Tanganga (fastest centreback we have and decent on the ball) Toby (sorry Eric) and Reggie.

I think it's the type of football we play and the individual clangers we keep dropping. As with all of us it's not beautiful at the moment either on the eye or result wise but I'm not sure short term what can be done.
0

#22 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 26 February 2021 - 16:21

View Postfentonroad, on 26 February 2021 - 08:51, said:

I'm not trying to stick up for Jose but he has changed by not playing two out and out defensive centre midfielders and I don't think his recent lineups, especially in midfield and attack are much different from what most of us would pick. Jose seems to favour

PEH Tanguy
Moura Lamela Son
Kane

He's keeping Tanguy on the pitch for the whole game and managed to generally not play Winks, Sissoko and Bergwijn who aren't bringing enough to the table, and Spurs are better for it. We are all desperate for Bale and Dele to get more time and play in the prem but to be honest they have only shown form against lower level opponents. Fingers crossed though Wednesday was the turning point, Bale and Dele might start. To be honest Erik and Moura have done okay and there's not much to pick between the four of them. For me it's Sonny who is frustrating at the moment, selfish and playing poorly.

Regarding the defence he's trying to get a song out of what appears not good enough players, my only main gripe is the constant change and use of Sanchez. Aurier (although he's only dropped one clanger this season) has most of the time been good but Doherty hasn't shown good constant form. Jose just cant't find a good centre back combo as Dier just seems to lead well and then drop a clanger. I would like him to pick a four and stick with it now. For me it would be Aurier, Tanganga (fastest centreback we have and decent on the ball) Toby (sorry Eric) and Reggie.

I think it's the type of football we play and the individual clangers we keep dropping. As with all of us it's not beautiful at the moment either on the eye or result wise but I'm not sure short term what can be done.


We keep losing against anyone better than Wba, and we only look decent chasing a deficit.

We need some genuine green shoots, not statements about problems he can't fix, and the continuation of him distancing himself from the players, its damaging more than it will ever repair.

What was he gaining from all that ? What was the point of it ?

I,ll be accused of blind hatred, yet no one can explain that, he,s a buffoon.
0

#23 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,839
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2021 - 17:17

Ali and bale have to be introduced.

This should be Europa team from here. And the final team.

Fact is Ali scores and assists. Nobody else bar Kane and son score.

Lloris

Tanganga Toby Dier Reggie

Hoj Belly

Bale Ali Son

Kane

'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#24 User is offline   SpursDan 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,131
  • Joined: 31-October 15

Posted 26 February 2021 - 19:14

My starting 11

Lloris
Doherty Toby Dier Reguilon
Ndombele Hojbjerg
Bale Dele Son
Kane
0

#25 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,760
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 26 February 2021 - 20:18

Seems everyone picks the same 8 players, it's just the right back and centre backs that are the issue. I would really want Japhet in the team, ideally centreback. Aurier has been most improved this season bar Tanguy, Doherty should be next in line. Tanganga doesn't seem to be bombing forward when he has played.

Right now Toby makes less mistakes than Dier so for me Aurier Toby Tanganga and Reggy.
0

#26 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 26 February 2021 - 23:21

View Postfentonroad, on 26 February 2021 - 20:18, said:

Seems everyone picks the same 8 players, it's just the right back and centre backs that are the issue. I would really want Japhet in the team, ideally centreback. Aurier has been most improved this season bar Tanguy, Doherty should be next in line. Tanganga doesn't seem to be bombing forward when he has played.

Right now Toby makes less mistakes than Dier so for me Aurier Toby Tanganga and Reggy.


For me that CB pairing is wrong for Burnley's strikers, and Sanchez will start.
0

#27 User is offline   willyid82 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,991
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:40

Simple as this , if we donít win he should go .
0

#28 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:50

View Postwillyid82, on 27 February 2021 - 07:40, said:

Simple as this , if we donít win he should go .


His " i can't fix the problems" has surely cemented his departure and Levy is working on the handshake and replacement.

Problem in this is if he dosent win the next 3, a new manager is pointless this season.

Him staying to build a team ? Cant see him having the desire for that.
0

#29 User is offline   willyid82 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,991
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:11

View PostYidio Yidio, on 27 February 2021 - 07:50, said:

His " i can't fix the problems" has surely cemented his departure and Levy is working on the handshake and replacement.

Problem in this is if he dosent win the next 3, a new manager is pointless this season.

Him staying to build a team ? Cant see him having the desire for that.

Itís not so much having the desire he isnít capable without a warchest of cash .
Setting aside that if we continue this poor form then itís clear we are not heading in the right direction especially with the talent within the squad
0

#30 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,143
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:15

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 February 2021 - 23:21, said:

For me that CB pairing is wrong for Burnley's strikers, and Sanchez will start.

Chris Wood amd Ashley Barnes are big guys,very good in the air. We should play our best Ďin the air defenderí and thatís Rodon,and Toby alongside him for experience.
0

#31 User is offline   Really!!! 

  • First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 942
  • Joined: 27-February 19

Posted 27 February 2021 - 15:31

Surely some urgency early doors and some attention to what we do with the ball in the final 3rd has been on the cards in training..

Another team well drilled and should make things difficult. Would take a draw, would like a win. Their style will put us under pressure at the back and going forward to break them down we need to fast and accurate - not always our game..
0

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 27 February 2021 - 16:39

View Postgriff, on 27 February 2021 - 11:15, said:

Chris Wood amd Ashley Barnes are big guys,very good in the air. We should play our best Ďin the air defenderí and thatís Rodon,and Toby alongside him for experience.


Toby isn't good in the air, he may be best we have to organise, but we are poor at that collectively. I,d rather we kept them away from our goal and used pace to tidy up, Toby is better if we look after the ball and keep it.

On paper our squad would suit 3 cb system, but reality says it dosent.
0

#33 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,143
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 27 February 2021 - 18:44

View PostYidio Yidio, on 27 February 2021 - 16:39, said:

Toby isn't good in the air, he may be best we have to organise, but we are poor at that collectively. I,d rather we kept them away from our goal and used pace to tidy up, Toby is better if we look after the ball and keep it.

On paper our squad would suit 3 cb system, but reality says it dosent.

Rodon is probably best in the air, that would be good and Toby alongside him to add his experience,
0

#34 User is offline   griff 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,143
  • Joined: 14-October 15

Posted 27 February 2021 - 18:46

View PostYidio Yidio, on 27 February 2021 - 16:39, said:

Toby isn't good in the air, he may be best we have to organise, but we are poor at that collectively. I,d rather we kept them away from our goal and used pace to tidy up, Toby is better if we look after the ball and keep it.

On paper our squad would suit 3 cb system, but reality says it dosent.

Burnley will lump it up for Wood and Barnes, being fast will not help when you are jumping for a ball. Wood and Barnes are not especially fast.
0

#35 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 10,592
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 27 February 2021 - 20:53

View Postgriff, on 27 February 2021 - 18:46, said:

Burnley will lump it up for Wood and Barnes, being fast will not help when you are jumping for a ball. Wood and Barnes are not especially fast.


Not sure Barnes will play, and Wood has missed their last 5 games.

I think we should play high and with pace at cb.

3 draws and a win in their last 4 games. An oddity.
0

#36 User is offline   journeyman 

  • player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 21,618
  • Joined: 01-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:10

I have found in past games what little Ive seen of Burnley this season they seem an awkward team to play against and hard to break down, so i,m not totally sure, but as always go in with coonfidence we will win all will be revealed soon.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.
0

#37 User is offline   stokesie 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4,549
  • Joined: 19-December 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kent

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:48

Looking forward to todayís game funnily enough ... we need to find some sort of system , our strongest combination so we can go full steam ahead in the europa cup
0

#38 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 1,760
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:52

Just would like a weekend where I can go to bed thinking happy thoughts about football. Lately fulltime whistle blows, I switch channels, have the usual moan with you guys and then blank football out until the day before the next game.
0

#39 User is offline   Heisenberg 

  • Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 608
  • Joined: 23-April 17

Posted 28 February 2021 - 12:29

View Postwillyid82, on 27 February 2021 - 08:11, said:

Itís not so much having the desire he isnít capable without a warchest of cash .
Setting aside that if we continue this poor form then itís clear we are not heading in the right direction especially with the talent within the squad

Talent in the squad? It pains me to say this but most of our squad are very average. The defenders as a job lot are just awful. Full of ricks, I only rate Tanganga and Reggie as anything I would like to keep. Dier and Sanchez are just terrible defenders. Toby reads the game the best but he's just getting slower and slower. Davies is a steady defender. Doesn't make ridiculous mistakes. But he offers no attacking threat and is a liability against pace. Aurier and Doherty bye bye please. Rodon is young and inexperienced. How can you achieve anything with this lot.

I've said it before but I'll repeat. You can blame Jose and sack him but nobody is doing anything with this group of defenders.
0

#40 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 5,103
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 28 February 2021 - 13:11

View Poststokesie, on 28 February 2021 - 08:48, said:

Looking forward to today’s game funnily enough ... we need to find some sort of system , our strongest combination so we can go full steam ahead in the europa cup

You won't if you saw the system. The problem with Jose is he worries about taking the strenghts off the oppositon and it takes away some of our strenghts.
0

Share this topic:


  • 8 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users