Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Photography

#1 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 12 November 2021 - 07:24

Anyone here interested in it, if so what sort of camera etc do you use, or photo editing etc.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#2 User is offline   electricpace 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 12 November 2021 - 09:55

I’m currently using a Canon 250D for time lapse projects and a Phantom 4 drone for aerial photos. I’ve just got back from Iceland and about to start editing.

Post processing i use Shotcut (video) & GNU Image Manipulation Program (photo) .. both are open source = free ! … my level of editing doesn’t justify paying silly money for ADOBE stuff (as great as it is)

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 14 November 2021 - 09:19

Woe that sounds very interesting. I am very interested by Drone photography but know I will never do it. I didnt know about the editing stuff you mentioned, Ive just bought photoshop elements 22 at a reduced price because Ive had their stuff before, I paid Ł69.99.

My editing is also very limited but its a handy program to have just in case. I prefer Landscapes, weather (preferably rough and wild)anything conected with the sea. I also like Night photograpy street scenes etc. I use a Nikon D7100. I have 18-200m zoom, a prime lens @35 mil, just need to buy a new wide angle lens now, and then I will be up to where i want to be.

Gave up photography years ago whilst at sea, and sold all my stuff, but now retired starting up again, wow how things have improved over the years. where in Iceland were you.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#4 User is offline   electricpace 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 15 November 2021 - 07:36

Still got my D7100 too ! A great camera .

Love night photography- I was a slow learner understanding light until I did a few night camera courses then it all made sense and using manual settings aren’t so daunting.

Did the Icelandic south coast this time - main aim was to fly over Jökulsárlón lagoon but too windy for the drone. Headed back to Vik and was lucky enough to catch Aurora Borealis instead !

You sound a well travelled gent Journo … where is your favorite spot for a photo shoot ?

#5 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 15 November 2021 - 20:52

I have travelled so much in my life 30 years in the Navy, but guess what I never ever had a camera with me. way back I used to have a canon eos something, cant remember, and a fair bit of gear, but being away so much I sold it all.
But now since I retired I wanted to get back into photography, so had to start again. My latter working years my wife and I saved up and went on cruises for our holidays, but no being retired they have ended. Regards good spots the Fjords are always photographic, I loved the night ahots i did in New york what a place, its true you love it or hate it. I spent hours in Grand Central station. I was there on the anaversary of 9/11, had photos taken with some of the fire crews, got shown around the station, and one of their trucks, awesome.

I liked in Iceland Reykjavik, Akureyri, and Isafjordur, lovely scenary there.

As favourites I must add Venice, been there three times, absolutely loved St Petersberg, and a favourite place of mine will always be Croatia, have been to Dubrovnik three times,also Split, and I was in a coach on the road to sarijavo. when we stopped for drinks etc the people were so humble and friendly, it was very moving you could still see a lot of bullet holes in their house walls, and how such a beautiful place was ravaged by war. Then whilst there I took a ride in an open boat like s big rowing boat with an outboard, drinks and food were laid on, there was 6 of us, and going past buildings with bullet holes, shell damage etc it was so emotional oh yes forgot to say this was on the River Neretva.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users