• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

People Smugglers Rwanda

#1 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 15 April 2022 - 06:37

What do posters on here think of the governments latest plans to send illegal / economic immigrants out to rwanda ?

It would be interesting to hear the views of ordinary people as once again this government is getting bashed over its plans = politically ? but what do the british people think of this ?

BTW - this obviously is not about genuine refugees from war torn countries like ukraine - its about them coming over from a safe country like france.

My thoughts = it looks like a go at putting the people smugglers out of business because who would want to pay out thousands to risk crossing the channel in a small boat and then get carted off to rwanda ?

I would think that it will still go on but the small boats will try to avoid border force controls / royal navy etc .

#2 User is offline   SteveB 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2022 - 11:51

my only point is why should it be Frances problem either. These people have made their way thru Italy, Germany Belgin, Greece, Turkey, Spain etc. What should happen is that each country should be a quota, based on population, GDP etc.

#3 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain

Posted 30 April 2022 - 12:05

SteveB, on 30 April 2022 - 11:51, said:

my only point is why should it be Frances problem either. These people have made their way thru Italy, Germany Belgin, Greece, Turkey, Spain etc. What should happen is that each country should be a quota, based on population, GDP etc.

Maybe my wife should answer you steve - this is more her subject than mine.

From a personal point of view we actually pay the french millions to keep them over there - but of course the french police dont do much to prevent them leaving on small boats because basically they dont want them in france.

The eu are shirking the issue because they know the british system can be exploited by economic migrants and will move on from eu respective countries.

To stop them targeting the uk you have to change the social security system and say there is nothing for you here - you will be out on the streets begging because we will give you nothing - just as the french do.

But of course some knob in parliament will stand up and say " you cant do that " - " these people have rights " - but i dont think they have rights when they have illegally entered a sovereign country.

#4 User is offline   SteveB 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 April 2022 - 14:09

you still havent answered my point Ossie. My understanding is that these people should seek asylum in the first safe country where they arrive. So that means theybshould all settle in Italy or Greece, but everbody seems to blame the French

#5 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain

Posted 30 April 2022 - 14:27

SteveB, on 30 April 2022 - 14:09, said:

you still havent answered my point Ossie. My understanding is that these people should seek asylum in the first safe country where they arrive. So that means theybshould all settle in Italy or Greece, but everbody seems to blame the French

Thats correct steve - they should apply to settle in the first safe country they arrive in - but the social security system in the uk is an attractive pull for them.

They get put in a hotel, a mobile phone and money to spend - while they are processed.

If they are rejected the legal system then kicks in and they appeal - which can take 5 years all at the tax payers expense.
Legal firms use loop holes & take millions from the uk tax payer to prevent them being deported.

Your question = why are the french blamed ? i dont see that they are but they are very crafty - french police make it very uncomfortable for them by tearing down their makeshift tents and literally being obnoxious to them.
Then of course our stupid government pay the french x amount of millions to police their borders but we see the police looking on while boats are launched in the channel heading for the uk.

We hear reports = ( for eg ) say 2500 migrants crossed the channel while french police prevented 75 others crossing.
It makes you laugh because you know that 75 will be over with the next batch.

When we put it to the french that we would help police their borders they said it would go against their sovereignty.

They always have an answer.

But they are right when they say the uk social security system is too attractive for them to ignore and i guess we have to take a lion share of the blame.

Just to make things clear - this is about economic migrants who dont settle in the first safe country they arrive in - and not genuine refugees from war torn countries like the ukraine or afghanistan.

#6 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 05 May 2022 - 06:23

before retirement my last employment was an an Enforcement officer with immigration, and all as you say is correct re applying for ayslum, and why do the french get the blame? simple, I live in Dover and recently retired from a voluntary roll as port chaplain, I can see france most days. I know and have seen with my own eyes illegals carrying dingies across the beach to the water with french police sat on the beach in landrovers watching and doing nothing to stop them, ive seen french officers walking on the beach and turning their backs on them.

We are now paying them millions to be extra alert and more patrols, but still they do very little. My friend is Dover Life Boat Cox, and all tghe crew local lads, all volunteers, their job is designed to save lives at sea yet they still had to go and collect these illegals some had various dieses, and lately have arrived with covid, that is not fair on those guys.

But for me ultimately its our own government faults they do not want france, germany spain etc, as here they get more benefit accomodation and in a lot of cases quicker medical treatment then some of our own and thats a fact.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#7 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain

Posted 05 May 2022 - 10:58

journeyman, on 05 May 2022 - 06:23, said:

before retirement my last employment was an an Enforcement officer with immigration, and all as you say is correct re applying for ayslum, and why do the french get the blame? simple, I live in Dover and recently retired from a voluntary roll as port chaplain, I can see france most days. I know and have seen with my own eyes illegals carrying dingies across the beach to the water with french police sat on the beach in landrovers watching and doing nothing to stop them, ive seen french officers walking on the beach and turning their backs on them.

We are now paying them millions to be extra alert and more patrols, but still they do very little. My friend is Dover Life Boat Cox, and all tghe crew local lads, all volunteers, their job is designed to save lives at sea yet they still had to go and collect these illegals some had various dieses, and lately have arrived with covid, that is not fair on those guys.

But for me ultimately its our own government faults they do not want france, germany spain etc, as here they get more benefit accomodation and in a lot of cases quicker medical treatment then some of our own and thats a fact.

Dont know if you are aware that priti patel has put rwanda plans on hold because of legal challenges - thats how weak this government is.

Australia have told johnson that what they plan to do isnt illegal and should plough on with exporting economic migrants .....they - the aussies do the same and fck everyone else - they arent getting into australia illegally full stop.

This is getting silly now its like we have to take them or else we will get taken to court.

This government is a shambles and will lose the next election because they got the red wall vote to deal with all this cr@p.

People dont forget when you let them down.

Johnson and his crew are not following through on illegal migrants promises- or other matters that they promised.

Dick heads because it will cost them the next election when we will have pizza eater keir in power.

Christ - what a fcking mess.

#8 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 05 May 2022 - 14:10

I see so much of what comes into our country, mostly young males, no way are they or their families suffering from persicution, the are 90% economic migrants, and just for the record they are ILLEGAL.
If they are as they claim genuine, why dont they come into the country legally IE by plane? a single ticket id far cheaper than what they are paying to people smugglers.
We are an Island nation, expected to take these people from all over the world feed them give them money, house them, then they have the bloody nerve to complain, if they dont think their accomodation is good enough.

We are a soft touch only trouble is no one has the balls to admit it, especially this government, but how do we stop it? the torys are bloody useless, the labour lot opened the floodgates in the first place, and welcome them in the lib dems are a prostitute party, go with anyone that will give them a bit of power as was proven with clegg. the party that might very well do something The Reform Party would no waay get enough votes to be elected so we are stuffed.

And when I see on my own door step and all over Dover people with placards "Migrants welcome here" most of the bastards dont live here, and when they,ve been arrested for demonstrating etc most have bloody london addresses. I say to all those people KEEP OUT OF DOVER.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#9 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain

Posted 05 May 2022 - 14:17

journeyman, on 05 May 2022 - 14:10, said:

I see so much of what comes into our country, mostly young males, no way are they or their families suffering from persicution, the are 90% economic migrants, and just for the record they are ILLEGAL.
If they are as they claim genuine, why dont they come into the country legally IE by plane? a single ticket id far cheaper than what they are paying to people smugglers.
We are an Island nation, expected to take these people from all over the world feed them give them money, house them, then they have the bloody nerve to complain, if they dont think their accomodation is good enough.

We are a soft touch only trouble is no one has the balls to admit it, especially this government, but how do we stop it? the torys are bloody useless, the labour lot opened the floodgates in the first place, and welcome them in the lib dems are a prostitute party, go with anyone that will give them a bit of power as was proven with clegg. the party that might very well do something The Reform Party would no waay get enough votes to be elected so we are stuffed.

And when I see on my own door step and all over Dover people with placards "Migrants welcome here" most of the bastards dont live here, and when they,ve been arrested for demonstrating etc most have bloody london addresses. I say to all those people KEEP OUT OF DOVER.

We feel sorry for the people of kent having to put up with all this - seeing x amount of foreigners invade their space.

It isnt right and it isnt fair - we have to be brave and vote for someone who believes in britain.

#10 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2022 - 16:00

The west has created this situation by destabilising Africa and the Middle East through political meddling to protect capitalist interests. Topple a dictator, walk away and wonder why the vacuum is filled by warring factions - this then creates refugees, and who can blame them (Ukraine is different altogether).

Not every asylum seeker is a sponger. Most find employment and pay taxes. Many are professionals. Many do the sort of jobs that most Brits won’t do.

And, if we look at our own roots, most of us arrived here from somewhere else - if your’e white and think your English, chances are you are originally from the Low Countries or Germany.

We can have opinions and discuss them as we are doing now, but until we have lived the sort of life that these refugees have, it is difficult to cast them as anything other than grossly unfortunate and in need of help. That is where the politicians of the west should come in and do what they are paid to do, rationally and fairly.

#11 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 05 May 2022 - 16:52

Ossie B, on 05 May 2022 - 14:17, said:

We feel sorry for the people of kent having to put up with all this - seeing x amount of foreigners invade their space.

It isnt right and it isnt fair - we have to be brave and vote for someone who believes in britain.

Totally agree, but to get something like the reform party (formaly the brexit party)in power would never happen people just stick for who they have always voted for regardless of their polotics.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#12 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 05 May 2022 - 16:58

ArmchairSpurs, on 05 May 2022 - 16:00, said:

The west has created this situation by destabilising Africa and the Middle East through political meddling to protect capitalist interests. Topple a dictator, walk away and wonder why the vacuum is filled by warring factions - this then creates refugees, and who can blame them (Ukraine is different altogether).

Not every asylum seeker is a sponger. Most find employment and pay taxes. Many are professionals. Many do the sort of jobs that most Brits won’t do.

And, if we look at our own roots, most of us arrived here from somewhere else - if your’e white and think your English, chances are you are originally from the Low Countries or Germany.

We can have opinions and discuss them as we are doing now, but until we have lived the sort of life that these refugees have, it is difficult to cast them as anything other than grossly unfortunate and in need of help. That is where the politicians of the west should come in and do what they are paid to do, rationally and fairly.

Im not against genuine claimants, but most are economic migrants and young males who go on the run as soon as they get here.
It was not many weeks ago two immigrants ran across a duel carriage way causing me to brake hard, and they disappeared into woodlands, most want to get to london as they have mates/family there, and work in the black ecconomy. Like I said the number of arrests I made when I was based inb london, all in car washes, or out in the country fruit picking etc, if they are genuine why pay people smugglers double what an air fare would cost.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#13 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain

Posted 05 May 2022 - 21:04

ArmchairSpurs, on 05 May 2022 - 16:00, said:

We are all entitled to our opinion armchair and the view you have put forward here i have seen many times on other (non football) forums , but at the end of the day people smuggling is illegal and these criminals are earning big money at the british tax payers expense.

It is when you really interpret it = actually stealing from this country - they get paid to get them over here - we then have to house & feed them - & give them money.

Also - if you research more into it you will see that journeyman is correct in saying that these are mainly young men (economic migrants) that are gate crashing into the uk.

For sure our ancestors invaded britain - the original britons fled into the welsh hills - but that was back when humans did all sorts of nasty things to each other - we hope we have come a long way since then - unless you are hitler or putin of course.

I would say if we make excuses for these people then we are actually ok with the people smugglers who care nothing for human life and are only in it for the money.

What i find strange and ironic is that every time we try to do something to stop this we get accused of being unfair / inhumane / and the latest flying them out to rwanda = illegal - and of course up come the legal challenges to stop the uk actively fighting back.

The real point here is that people smuggling is illegal - not what we do to retaliate against it.

But patel has now announced flying them out to rwanda is on hold until the legal side of the plan is sorted.

The problem is that this government is mega weak and backs off when challenged over anything.

None of them - our( political parties ) are any good - or have any backbone to really do anything to stop it even though they talk a good fight to win votes - all they can do is try to besmirch each other ( party gate - beer / pizza gate ) to make each other look stupid but ignore the bigger issues.

In the meanwhile another 300 migrants come over and the uk tax payer picks up the tab - but thats ok because we were all migrants 2000 years ago.

I,m ok with people wanting to come into this country but go about it in the correct way - dont enter the country illegally especially if you may be carrying diseases that you can pass onto other people.

Australia dealt with it very harshly and guess what ? they dont have migrant problems any more.

We are the laughing stock of the world - the softest and the most gullible - the french milk us for £54 mill every year to stop the boats leaving france but dont carry out what they are paid to do.

I would end that immediately.

Just to finish - i wonder how the people of kent feel when they see x amount of boats landing on their shores ?

#14 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 06 May 2022 - 06:22

Excellent post what a brilliant reply and very well explained. I can tell you how the people of Kent especially Dover feel, but all the words would be blocked out on here.
I can give personal circumstances as regards health treatment, How my wife is suffering etc etc, and can not get the appointment she so badly needs, and friends within the NHS have admitted more than once that every time new illegals land on our shores they have to be medically checked, if ill treated, that then has a knock on effect obviously, but there are hundreds with stories like mine in kent, and I know by having family/friends in Yorkshire,a good friend in Lincolnshire, they are over run with them it has to stop.

Look at this Island of ours as a big sheet of paper, open it out and there are only so many people you can put into any given area, but we are just taking more and more more. I see all the big business men (mostly londoners) buying up big old georgian/victorian houses, turning them into squalid bedsits and filling them full of illegals, its happened sadly in my road so i know first hand. IT has to stop no if no buts.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#15 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain

Posted 11 May 2022 - 04:13

journeyman, on 06 May 2022 - 06:22, said:

Excellent post what a brilliant reply and very well explained. I can tell you how the people of Kent especially Dover feel, but all the words would be blocked out on here.
I can give personal circumstances as regards health treatment, How my wife is suffering etc etc, and can not get the appointment she so badly needs, and friends within the NHS have admitted more than once that every time new illegals land on our shores they have to be medically checked, if ill treated, that then has a knock on effect obviously, but there are hundreds with stories like mine in kent, and I know by having family/friends in Yorkshire,a good friend in Lincolnshire, they are over run with them it has to stop.

Look at this Island of ours as a big sheet of paper, open it out and there are only so many people you can put into any given area, but we are just taking more and more more. I see all the big business men (mostly londoners) buying up big old georgian/victorian houses, turning them into squalid bedsits and filling them full of illegals, its happened sadly in my road so i know first hand. IT has to stop no if no buts.

They are costing £5 million per day to keep in hotels and more and more are coming over.

If anyone says anything they are labelled as racist.

2 major law firms who make a fortune from the country defending the rights of these people are mounting legal challenges against the rwanda plan.

I wonder why ?

#16 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:08

Mate Im just bloody sick of them. Genuine people fleeing persicution, then fine, I would help anyone but when you first hand what I see some might think different.If genuine why are they paying people smugglers up to 5K for a seat in a dodgy dinghy? when an air fare would be less than half that?
most are young males aged between about 16 and 30 economic migrants bleeding this country dry.
Tory government have done nothing about it for years, nor will labour, so we are shafted. Im glad Im an old git as i would not want to be a youngster intodays world. We are slowly loosing our country but no one cares. Poor old Enoch must be turning in his grave.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#17 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain

Posted 10 June 2022 - 06:11

journeyman, on 11 May 2022 - 06:08, said:

Mate Im just bloody sick of them. Genuine people fleeing persicution, then fine, I would help anyone but when you first hand what I see some might think different.If genuine why are they paying people smugglers up to 5K for a seat in a dodgy dinghy? when an air fare would be less than half that?
most are young males aged between about 16 and 30 economic migrants bleeding this country dry.
Tory government have done nothing about it for years, nor will labour, so we are shafted. Im glad Im an old git as i would not want to be a youngster intodays world. We are slowly loosing our country but no one cares. Poor old Enoch must be turning in his grave.

Well its all taking off (literally journey ) lots of legal challenges being put in around the first airplane load of refugees being flown out to rwanda next week - looks like it will be delayed.

Along with charities supporting illegal immigrants you have Duncan Lewis Solicitors leading the charge - not racist at all but google who the 5 main directors of that legal firm are ?
Found out in 2019 £57 mill of british taxpayers money was paid to lawyers who successfully defended an illegal immigrants right to remain in the uk - nice little earner for them.

Amazing how this country is fleeced rotten and how it has no right to defend its borders - in the eyes of certain people.

#18 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 13 June 2022 - 06:06

I totally agree with you. Now in my elderly years I feel very sad, angry, the way, and what this country has become. Like others I have been in conflicts for my country and for what? Sadly im to old now to do anything about it, but this country is rottern to the core, especially with this government. I do not wish to get into politics, but one thing alone this government has created a two tier pension scheme, IE those that retired in the era when I did get the lower rate of pension but thos that retired after 5th April 2016 I think get the new higher rate WHY? to me there is a difference of £80 a month, surly the state pension should be the state pension the same for everyone, after all I have to buy the same tin of beans, the same loaf of bread as those on the higher rate, it stinks.

we are over run with illegals, people moan about them but when this government does try something there are all these legal challenges. People seem to forget we are but a small poxy island nation we do not have the space to house people from all over the world, all our green spaces now getting built on, flats going up everywhere rather than a house with a garden.

I bet if every one in this country that is not legally entitled to be here there would be loads of space and housing. Now this lot in No 1o are going to re do the right to buy so thereby removing more social housing totally clueless. I could go on but its a waste of time. I would still move even at my age but sadly my wife will not move now.
Maybe if I won the lottery and could pay people to do everything. :grinny:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#19 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain

Posted 13 June 2022 - 06:16

What i get fed up with is the amount of people who come out with " you cant do that " or prince charlie = its appalling.

Why dont they come up with some better suggestion than what the government are trying to do.

I believe people voted the tories in because of its promises to protect our borders but its mainly the minority who are kicking up the fuss and are the loudest voice.
This is ridiculous to have to go to court for some judge or judges to decide if we can kick these people out.

Why dont they apply to come into this country the correct way ? why do they throw away or tear up personal data / details? theres a reason why they do that - its called lying about your age etc.

Its a mad world we live in .

#20 User is offline   electricpace 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 13 June 2022 - 13:56

legal challenges are made by politicians that have a vested interest in law firms both side of the legal fence. They all work together to rinse every penny possible out the system & don't give two fecks about illegal immigration.

After the Blair/Bush war in Iraq and the government took war criminals and terrorists to court , it was Sherrie Blairs law firm that defended them.

Couldn't make it up .

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users