Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hobbies

#1 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 06 August 2022 - 18:36

Just thought this might be interesting topic. One or two might have something in common, so could pass on tips, pitfalls etc!!
I will start the ball rolling:
I have my faith, and I am just going back to my church after being away for two years (pandemmic) as my wife has to be so so very careful because of medical condition.
I will or am about to go back to the gym, once a week "Full Body Routine" ( when I retired I worked as a fitness instructor in a gym) I have since 2019 taken up road running again I do 2x10k runs a week, not bad for an old git.
But have also taken up Digital Photography, I used to have an SLR camera back in the 80,s (35 mill film) but now its digital far far better, so got another camera Nikon D7100. Must be doing something right as Ive had a lot of work accepted by "Getty Images" on line.
So out in all weathers all hours and really enjoying it.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#2 User is offline   Ossie B 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 06 August 2022 - 21:04

View Postjourneyman, on 06 August 2022 - 18:36, said:

Just thought this might be interesting topic. One or two might have something in common, so could pass on tips, pitfalls etc!!
I will start the ball rolling:
I have my faith, and I am just going back to my church after being away for two years (pandemmic) as my wife has to be so so very careful because of medical condition.
I will or am about to go back to the gym, once a week "Full Body Routine" ( when I retired I worked as a fitness instructor in a gym) I have since 2019 taken up road running again I do 2x10k runs a week, not bad for an old git.
But have also taken up Digital Photography, I used to have an SLR camera back in the 80,s (35 mill film) but now its digital far far better, so got another camera Nikon D7100. Must be doing something right as Ive had a lot of work accepted by "Getty Images" on line.
So out in all weathers all hours and really enjoying it.

Interesting journey.

I used to do art type photography back in the 1980s - i had an olympus om 1n slr in those days.

One of the best shots i took was - grey horses in a mist - looked really ghostly - still have the enlarged photo somewhere.

My only hobbies these days is reading up on architecture - or watching old alec clifton taylor dvd's - old english towns tv series from the 1980s ( bet that would bore most on here to tears ) but i find the old building methods and materials used fascinating.

I have some faith but it comes and goes.

Been getting into near death experience stories lately and find it interesting reading - by people who claim to have died for a short while and came back to tell of what they found on the other side.

Its a little bit corny when after relating their nde the standard claim is mainly the same thing , " they were told it wasnt their time yet " and that they have to go back.

Being bit of a sceptic i tend to keep an open mind on subjects like that - you want it to be true so it can give you a bit of hope that you may possibly see your departed loved ones again ?

Apart from that we live a bit of a quiet life.

Good to see spurs signing players to increase the strength in depth of the squad - something pochettino either didnt get from levy or didnt personally address = good alternatives off the bench.

Love conte because i think he is such an intelligent coach - he has sorted out perfectly the present crop of players.

Who he wants to keep and who he wants to move on - cant say enough how he has worked it all out with such precision.
You can actually see without being told directly by anyone why he cant use such and such a player and its best if they move on especially in a world cup year when they need to be playing on a regular basis.

I think thats a very diplomatic way of putting it without upsetting unwanted players. :lol:

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:31

I find old buildings intersting also, when you walk through a town centre or any shopping street I look up at the tops of buildings, and sometimes its pretty amazing to see some of the stone work.
I have also obviously dealt with people who have had "The near Death Experience" its a very open subject and is something no one can prove or disprove.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users