Planet Spurs Forums: England Without Owen - Planet Spurs Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

England Without Owen

#1 Guest_JermaineMan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:25

what should we do now owen is out for the rest of the tournament. our striking options are really poor. Rooney who isnt fit, an untried 17 year old and crouch. it has to be a lone striker even though it doesnt suit rooney who would be the lone striker. would have to be a 4-1-4-1 formation:

-------------------Robinson------------------------

Neville-------Ferdinand----- --Terry-------A Cole

------------Hargreaves/Carrick------------------

Beckham-----------Lampard------------ --J Cole

--------------------Gerrard------------------------

---------------------Rooney------- -----------------

if it was up to me i would play:

Beckham-------Ferdinand-------Terry- ------A Cole

------------Hargreaves/Carrick------------------

Lennon-----------Lampard------------- -J Cole

---------------------Rooney------- -----------------

but i know that wont happen. knowing sven he will play crouch up front with rooney dropping off him and playing in his favourite position. i hope thats not the case.

#2 Guest_Murengae_*

Posted 21 June 2006 - 19:16

I'd like to give this a try, but it's too late to start experimenting now

-------------------Robinson---------------------

----------Terry--Carragher--Ferdinand- ------

--Beckham----------------------------A.Cole--

---------Lennon----Carrick------J.Cole- -------

---------------- Gerrard-------------------------

------------------------Rooney------------------

#3 Guest_fredfromchina_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:11

QUOTE (Murengae @ Jun 21 2006, 08:16 PM)
I'd like to give this a try, but it's too late to start experimenting now

-------------------Robinson---------------------

----------Terry--Carragher--Ferdinand- ------

--Beckham----------------------------A.Cole--

---------Lennon----Carrick------J.Cole- -------

---------------- Gerrard-------------------------

------------------------Rooney------------------

thats impossible!!
the coach wont try 3-5-2 at all wink.gif
i think maybe like this:

Neville-------Ferdinand-------Terry- ------A Cole

Beckham-----------Lampard--------- -----J Cole

----------------------Crouch------------------------

---------------------Rooney------ ------------------

#4 Guest_JermaineMan_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:13

QUOTE (fredfromchina @ Jun 22 2006, 10:11 AM)
thats impossible!!
the coach wont try 3-5-2 at all wink.gif
i think maybe like this:

Neville-------Ferdinand-------Terry- ------A Cole

Beckham-----------Lampard--------- -----J Cole

----------------------Crouch------------------------

---------------------Rooney------ ------------------

cant have gerrard in a holding role. he has to be allowed to go forward and get us goals. he is our top scorer at the moment. and crouch and rooney would be the other way round.

#5 Guest_tokers_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:11

fred your spoy-on son apart from you need to swap gerrard and lamps around and rooney and crouch ! jm there is no way he will play beckham at right back !

#6 Guest_Thfc4Life_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:12

With Owen out, I would now go with this:

Robinson
Neville (if fit)
Terry
Ferdinand
Bridge
Lennon
Beckham
Hargreaves
Gerrard
Joe Cole
Rooney

in a 4-5-1. Lampard is wasting too much possession and having no influence at all, Gerrard will be able to attack at every opportunity with Hargreaves in the holding role he did so well in against Sweden. Ashley Cole is dropped because he is not good enough and Bridge is better. Lennon will give pace and width and allow Beckham to have the free role that he loves. This won't happen because Sven is a bitch, but this is the team I'd put out against Ecuador.

#7 Guest_tokers_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:17

i agree he wont play lenny ! i wouldnt drop lamps because when he turns it on he will win us a game and he is world class ! cole is better than bridge and wont be dropped !

#8 Guest_Thfc4Life_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:24

Mate, Ashely Cole is the most overrated left-back in World football. He is nowhere near international class, can't cross for sh*t, and against Sweden was exposed as the weak link, Carragher is playing better and he isn't even a full back. Bridge is a far better player than Ashley Cole and he wouldn't even be in my squad if I was manager. And when is Lampard going to turn it on? He just looks good for Chelsea coz he's got players around him who enable him to take pot-shots from anywhere on the pitch. He's wasted too many chances and is not linking up with the forwards, his form is awful and Gerrard makes him look average. Play Hargreaves as the holding in a 4-4-2 if it has to be....

#9 Guest_tokers_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:27

he is a gooner mug but you cant say that ! he has missed most of the season ! and is better than bridge

#10 Guest_Thfc4Life_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:37

Granted, he's been out a while, but why do you think he's better than Bridge? Cole is a terrible player. He should have cleared the second goal on Tuesday against Sweden...as should have Terry and Campbell before him. Three "world class" defenders and neither could clear a throw in. Pathetic. Where's Ledley when you need him....oh, wait, Sven picked a shite squad.

#11 Guest_tokers_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:40

ledley is injured mate and in a way im glad he left him at home ! time to recover from the injury and rest up for a hectic season ahead ! jol will be pleased aswell !

cole isnt shit m8 ! not every player can play to 100% every game . just look at robbo , i think he has been out of sorts at the tournament apart from that great reflex save on tueday !

#12 Guest_Thfc4Life_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:46

I know Ledley was injured when squad picked, although not anymore...but he was as injured as Owen and Rooney and Sven still took them...isn't Ledley as important as them? He'd be my first choice Centre half alongside Terry. He should have gone anyway, being as Rooney and Owen did...hell, even Cole, who hasn't hardly played this year.

I hope Sven is gutted he left Defoe out.

#13 Guest_tokers_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:49

and solzeer jermiah ! laugh.gif

im glad he left ledley here ! as i said its an oppertune rest !

as for ledders being in front of rio i think your dreaming or being a little biased ! as we all are most of the time especially when it comes to lenny starting ! trust me ledders would of gone if he was fully fit ! whats the point in taking him if he isnt fully fit and might not even get on the pitch at the world cup !

rooney and owen would get a game anyway !

#14 Guest_Thfc4Life_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:03

Mate, Ledley King is the best centre half in the country alongside Terry. No doubts. If you doubt that, then YOU are a fool. Ferdinand has only just remembered how to defend properly...he's been off form for ages. King with Terry was THE outstanding centre half last season. no bias comes into it.

#15 Guest_Thfc4Life_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:04

QUOTE (tokers @ Jun 22 2006, 12:40 PM)
ledley is injured mate and in a way im glad he left him at home ! time to recover from the injury and rest up for a hectic season ahead ! jol will be pleased aswell !

cole isnt shit m8 ! not every player can play to 100% every game . just look at robbo , i think he has been out of sorts at the tournament apart from that great reflex save on tueday !

Robinson has had nothing to do so far, only in the Sweden game! So how can u say out-of-sorts?!?!??

#16 Guest_tokers_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:10

indicisive at corners and crosses etc. ! i would know because im a keeper and he is lacking confidence coming for the ball !

and who do you think you are calling a fool !!

#17 Guest_Thfc4Life_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:13

He does look uncomfortable at times, definately not the same keeper we see at WHL... But I don't think he's been tested really apart from those two set-pieces, and we all know what happened there.

#18 Guest_tokers_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:15

ok then lets agree that robbo looks uncomftable at set peices! which is not in his character at spurs !

#19 Guest_Thfc4Life_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:20

That's coz we got Kingy and Daws in front of him, the best defensive partnership in the land!!!!!

#20 Guest_JermaineMan_*

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:23

yea he doesnt look confident and thats with 2 of the best centre backs in the world. its very worrying to be honest. his confidence needs to be improved and fast.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users