Planet Spurs Forums: Leave us alone - Domenech - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Leave us alone - Domenech

#1 Guest_super_sub_x_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 00:36

Raymond Domenech has urged the French media to cut out their negativity ahead of the World Cup.

The coach is fed up with being portrayed in a bad light personally, and is even more annoyed by headlines criticising his team.

"I'm tired of reading about what's going wrong," he said.

"There is a great atmosphere in the team. People keep stopping us to wish us well - that's what you should talk about but that does not make headlines."

France's preparations have not been smooth, with the Stade de France crowd booing their own team last week and the fans and press uniting to condemn some of Domenech's selections.

He was also harangued for thanking one of the team's sponsors, a mobile phone operator, after announcing his squad rather than talking about football.

Domenech has even been ridiculed for some of his quirky mannerisms, such as continually touching his right ear.

"Maybe it's a psychological problem, because I'm tired of hearing things I don't want to hear," he joked.

France coaches have had a notoriously rough time with the media in recent times, with even 1998's World Cup winning coach Aime Jacquet roundly criticised for some of his tactics.

Media will never change...always looking for a story and at the end of the day.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users