COME ON TOTTENHAM!!!!!!!!

#22 Guest_jonny10_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 October 2007 - 15:51

i dnt believe it 2-2 last minute muppets

#23 Guest_Dan_JM_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 15:55

Offer me a 2-2 draw at Anfield this morning I would most definatly take it. But being 2-1 up to the last minute - im gutted!!!!!

#24 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 15:59

you all knew it would happen ;) good game of football, i felt liverpool were probably the better side due to their home advantage (although i could only hear tottenham supporters on tv) but we still deserved the draw.

#25 Guest_bobbob_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 16:02

Mixed feelings. Gutted but relieved. If we can go to anfield put Liverpoo under pressure we can match the best. If anyone had offered me a point this morning then I would have taken it. If we can get a point at anfield we can go on to turn the seaon around.

Didn't actually get to see the game live but will watch with great anticipation tonight. If it looks as good as it sounds maybe this is the turning point we have been waiting for..

I know how the villa supporters felt the other night now:(

Keep the faith

crest.gif

#26 Guest_Dan_JM_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 16:13

how many of those 6 have we won though? not enough. we are still in the bottom 3 unless pompey beat fulham.

#27 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 16:22

Thought we played really well. The fans made it sound like it was played at the Lane. Our defense was pretty organized and our midfield always seemed to get the loose balls. Robinson once again muffed the shot a bit - although it was deflected - he saved it right to a Liverpool player for the first goal.

I knew it was too good to be true...and in the last 10 minutes of the match you saw the equalizer coming. The match was very well played on both sides, imo. It was a great one to watch. Like was said, I'm disappointed at first considering we could have nicked 3 points (to even out the hubcaps that were probably nicked from the squad bus)...but in the end a 2-2 draw is a good result.

This was the first time in awhile that I thought all the field players played well.

#28 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 16:27

...and with Portsmouth leading Fulham 2-0 this should get us out of the relegation zone. nice1.gif wink1.gif

#29 Guest_bobbob_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 17:01

We are on the up at last. However, the reports that I have seen so far say that Robbo made another error. Will wait to see the game 2nite to make my decision.
Good result though. I think we can win against Newcastle and make the move up the table.

Keep the faith

crest.gif

#30 Guest_bobbob_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 17:14

Good to see that we are out of the bottom three.

crest.gif

#31 Guest_Supersub_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 18:32

Gutted, but not the worst result...
Robbo my friend... ive said we sud stick by you but at the moment hes costing us too much... sorry but he needs to be swaped...

Nice to see keano on 90goals for spurs now. Recon he will get 10 more this season...

We've proven we can score goals.. but again, robbo is becoming abit of a burden and costing us hard forght proformances... i like him, great bloke and a good goalie but....way to many errors

#32 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 07 October 2007 - 20:50

Very disappointed to be honest.I'm probably one of the oldest on this site, have been supporting spurs for 55 years, and I feel for me Ive seen it, heard it all before, Keep the faith, give them another chance, decent result, My nerves are shot to bits, but i understand for a lot of younger fans its fine to say maybe next game, or when hes got his confidence back, but from my view i heard it for years.
One thing I will say is that and this is fact, we never used to be like this ie known as the 90 minute team, how many games do we attend or look at the result on text and see a score under the time scale 90th minute. Very sorry ut its also fact this never used to keep happening pre Jol, and Robinson days, I know a lot of people maybe wont like that comment but look at the history books.
Something must now give surly, cant keep saying just a little more time another chance, time to call it a day in certain quarters, ACT NOW before its to late and the season slips by us and we are not playing for top 4/5, but trying to stave of relegation.
Scored 11 goals in last four prem games, only 3 points from a poss 12, BMJ in his reign has had nearly 70 million to spend in his reign .
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#33 Guest_screwball1987_*

Posted 07 October 2007 - 21:03

I think Robbo just has a goal in him a game. He has to take a seat now. On the plus Keane has now got 6 goals in 6 and we are unbeaten in all comps for 6 games. I think we showed we can compete today and now we have most of the big teams out of the way we must start picking up wins.
I feel gutted we didnt win and if im honest i didnt think i would be saying that today.

A tough match next in Newcastle so lets focus on that and hope we can take another step forward in the right direction.

#34 Guest_Ronnie Rosenthal_*

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:26

The late goal was a killer but as many have said, it's a result we would have taken.

It was nice to end the week with some dignity after embarassment was just barely staved off against Villa & Famagusta.

Clearly the team is improving and the confidence is slowly but surely coming back and whilst 6 unbeaten, with 4 draws and 2 wins is not over-inspiring it draws a line under the shocking start and if we can nick a point in Geordieland there's a good run of games that should see us at least 10th, qualified from the UEFA Cup Group Stage and still going in the Carling Cup by Christmas. Which makes it vital the board and any dissenting fans leave Jol to do his job for the next few months as I think for the first time this season there's now genuine hope on the horizon.

It sounded like we retreated too deep again yesterday and Robinson is a huge concern so there's plenty for Jol still to do but I think we can relax a little over the international break and look forward to the season really starting for us late October/Early November.

#35 Guest_The Iron Sloth_*

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:35

Robbo nearly cost us the game. Shame we couldn't hold out. Not many teams come away from Anfield with anything though.

Thought Zokora was really good. Mixed it up all round.
Highly mobile (unlike the Hudd in recent times)

Berbatov was much better then in recent games, 2 assists and some lovely hold up play.

Jenas couldn't handle Gerrard, but who can?

Keane with some neat finishing.

Bale ran his socks off, a real threat too.

Robbo, not so good. Starting to turn his supporters into doubters.

Chimbo. Same as ever. Decent going both ways.

crest.gif

#36 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:03

In a previous thread the majority of us said that we expected 7/8 points from the Villa,liverpoool, newc and blackburn games!!! For this to happen we now really need to win both games... like Robbie Keane, (lol) i am fed up with the whole Jol under pressure stories that wont go away, but you can see why.... As the majority of us expected 7/8 points over this period Jol must get at least 4 points from the next two fixtures for us to be content, right?????

#37 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:27

Yep minimum.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#38 Guest_jonny10_*

Posted 08 October 2007 - 16:23

disapointed not 2 get 3points but we r definately playing better looked more solid wiv zokora playing

keano 2 great goals he and bale worked their socks off

berba 2 great assists and hold up play seems 2be getting bk 2 last seasons form after a slow start

robbo if he makes a mistake 4 england we shud def drop him wudnt mind getting alnwick bk off loan

crest.gif

#39 Guest_screwball1987_*

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:45

I think it is important that we get a win now against Newcastle. It is for me a must win which would put our confidance through the roof and get us moving up the table. If we cant beat Newcastle then who are challenging for where we want to be then i will be very disapointed.

Chimbonda for me is not deffencively good. Hes good at getting forward but when it comes to getting back and making those all important tackles hes not that good.

The team i would like to see play against Newcastle would be.

------------------------------Robbo-----------------------------------

----Chimbo---------Dawson-------Kaboul------------Bale----------

-------------------------------Zokora---------------------------------

--------------------------------Jenas-----------------------------------

Lennon-----------------------------------------------------------Taarabt

--------------------------------Keane------------------------------------

--------------------------------Bent--------------------------------------

Its kind of a 4-1-3-1-1

Zokora or Hudds just infront of the deffence then our three attacking minded midfielders with Jenas having to come back and help out where needed. And Keane linking up with the midfield and Bent. Keane can get those all important balls into the box and Bent can get in behind deffenders.

#40 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 09 October 2007 - 21:26

QUOTE (special yid @ Oct 8 2007, 05:03 AM)
In a previous thread the majority of us said that we expected 7/8 points from the Villa,liverpoool, newc and blackburn games!!! For this to happen we now really need to win both games... like Robbie Keane, (lol) i am fed up with the whole Jol under pressure stories that wont go away, but you can see why.... As the majority of us expected 7/8 points over this period Jol must get at least 4 points from the next two fixtures for us to be content, right?????

I was just thinking about that thread myself. I started off with saying we'd get 3-4 points but then changed it to 5-6. If the next two matches against Newcastle and Blackburn end up in draws, we'd be at 4. A win and a loss would be 5...or a win and a draw would be 6. Here's hoping you all are right and we end up with 8!

But, as was said, the schedule really looks up for us after that time. So, come Christmas we really should be in the top 10 (minimum) imo.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users