Planet Spurs Forums: Toon say no to Sol - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Toon say no to Sol

#1 Guest_super_sub_x_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 00:51

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has ruled out the possibility of signing Arsenal defender Sol Campbell this summer.

Campbell's future in North London is the subject of much debate, as widespread reports have suggested he will be made available for transfer by Arsene Wenger.

Turkish side Fenerbahce are reported to be sniffing around, while reports over the weekend forwarded Newcastle as a possible destination for the powerful centre half.

Although Newcastle improved defensively in the second half of the season, Roeder is likely to make moves to strengthen his back-line this summer.

Campbell would be a classy recruit to any defence, but he does not appear to feature on Newcastle's list of targets.

"I have worked with Sol Campbell before at England level. I enjoyed working with him at France 98," Roeder told the club's website.

"He is a very talented central defender, and I'm very aware of his ability. But I have to say Sol is not a player I am interested in signing.

"The crux of the matter is that if we are to sign another central defender, I would be looking to sign a younger player, although someone still with experience at this level.

"I am very conscious of the average age of the squad at the moment, and I want to slightly reduce that if I can.

"I do have two or three targets in that position, and if they were to become available then I would be interested.

"I've heard about the speculation linking us to Sol and I wanted to nip it in the bud. He's a good player and I wish him and England all the best at the World Cup."

Hes not getting alot of good proformances in and shouldnt be in the England squad....If he can get back to his old soild form then he will have a few more years in him...

#2 Guest_JermaineMan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:20

haha thats funny

judas got rejected by the toons haha

no way should he be going to germany and ledley king staying at home - ridiculous

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users