Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham V Reading - Planet Spurs Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham V Reading FT 6 - 4

#1 Guest_Matt_THFC_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 December 2007 - 20:02

Time for some talk on this game, after the 5-1 stuffing of Fulham...hopefully we can get another big win against Reading.

Reading are a side we can score against and assuming we aren't terrible we shouldn't receive a lot of problems from them also.

Views?

crest.gif

#2 Guest_Balesleftpeg_*

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:23

Mmmm not quite so sure that they wont give us any problems they are a decent side with a very good manager, however we should win 2-1 Defoe first goal.

#3 Guest_arb_2503_*

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:26

I think Spurs can win this game but not by a lot of goals Reading are not consistant away from home but will put up a fight unlike Fulham.

However it will be a tough one I will go for 2-1 Spurs but would not be suprised to see a 1-1!

#4 Guest_meistah80_*

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:58

I think a 2-0 win for the Yids.
Berba (2)

THFCTILLIDIE

#5 Guest_ginola1999_*

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:00

i think we will win 3-1 keane, lennon, steed

#6 Guest_Tozyola_*

Posted 28 December 2007 - 15:40

Could be tough but we'll get through it with a 4-0 win. Berbatov hat-trick and a Bent 30-yarder in the closing stages.

#7 Guest_The Iron Sloth_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:53

I'm pretty confident about this one, they are on and off but even on one of their good days I think we can turn them over if we play well and get in the lead.

Berba is on fire at the moment, and with hime and Keane up front reading will have a tough task on their hands keeping us out. With Ledley back we look good at the back, although we were getting there prior to his return, I'll say Spurs 3 - 0.

Rocha and Jenas as back according to the official site, Rocha maybe on the bench and possibly Jenas in for The Hudd or O'Hara.

#8 Guest_bobbob_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:29

I'd settle for any type of win with a good display both attacking and defensive football. Ramos has got us playing with more belief and his systems work. Steady progress up the league will do me fine.

crest.gif

#9 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:11

I think we will win but as stated in my preview, I will happily settle for a 1-0, but on their day like any team I guess, they could cause anyone problems, and they played well last week against the Hammers.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#10 Guest_Matt_THFC_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:26

It looks like Ledley King will be in the starting eleven which is once again a big boost. Rocha also is fit enough to turn up on the bench. I still think he is a useful player.

#11 Guest_Matt_THFC_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 15:09

Berba scores to make it 1-0 grinny.gif .

#12 Guest_Spur-of-the-moment_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 16:02

HT 1-1: listening to commentary (on and off) sounds like maybe Spurs are suffering a backwash from their drubbing of Fulham on Boxing Day. Maybe they think it's only Reading, they'll be another Fulham, but that certainly isn't the case. Reading sound so much more up for it - closing us down with resolution and, since their equaliser, breaking forward and possibly looking the more likely to score.

So maybe Ramos needs to give our players a wake-up call at HT, maybe shake a few of them up. We need to get at 'em, be much sharper and more determined if we are gonna getting anything out of this game, otherwise I can see another Birmingham on the cards.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

#13 Guest_Spur-of-the-moment_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 16:16

Sh*t ... 1-2!
Poor defensive play with Robinson yet again fluffing a cross. As I have said before, he's a great shot-stopper but he just cannot catch a ball to save his life. Time to replace him with a top-quality goalie.

As I type he's just made a good stop from Kitson but Spurs are under all sorts of pressure.

#14 Guest_Spur-of-the-moment_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 16:19

Defoe poised to come on with Spurs possibly going 3-4-3. So presumably it'll be Lee coming off?

#15 Guest_Spur-of-the-moment_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 16:20

King off for Defoe!!! Blimey, ,Ramos certainly believes in taking chances at the back.

#16 Guest_Spur-of-the-moment_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 16:21

YEESSSSS !!! Berba 2-2!!!

#17 Guest_Spur-of-the-moment_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 16:23

Congrats to Ramos for his brave substitution cos Defoe had a big hand in it.. Now, can we go on and win?

Sounds like K-P Boateng coming on soon ...
COME ON YOU SPURS

#18 Guest_Spur-of-the-moment_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 16:26

I'd take off Lee for Boateng but I guess Ramos will take off THudd or maybe Malbranque.

#19 Guest_Spur-of-the-moment_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 16:27

No, it's Lennon "which is a starnge one" says the commentator.

Interesting.

#20 Guest_Spur-of-the-moment_*

Posted 29 December 2007 - 16:30

2-3 Kitson (had to be!)

"Robinson nowhere near it & Kaboul let him (Kitson) go." Poor defending again.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users