Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham V Slavia Prague - Planet Spurs Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham V Slavia Prague FT 1- 1 (3 - 2 Agg)

#41 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:48

Under Senor Ramos Hudds has really been having a go with his 20 yard + shots and there is a bit of power behind most of them as well, great to see, especially when they go in the back of the net.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#42 Guest_The Iron Sloth_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:52

We'll just keep this matchday thread going for the home leg of this tie, as it's all one and the same match technically!

YID ARMY!

#43 Guest_hotspur147_*

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:27

its a pity we did'nt kill the tie off last week what with the final coming on sunday.ramos won't want any injuries so berba might be rested.is gilberto fit?hope so would like to see him in action.
slavia aren't great.we know it,they know it so depending on the players attitude this should be an easy enough run out for the lads. 2-0.bent and jenas to get the goals

#44 Guest_Tozyola_*

Posted 18 February 2008 - 13:43

Wouldn't mind a 0-0 draw really. Although it won't be much fun,just play a defencive side. Rest a couple of players for the CC final. This is my team to play Slavia:

Cerny

Chimbonda
Hudd
Woodgate
Lee
Tainio

Steed
O'Hara
Taarabt
Lennon

Bent

Looks like a OK side. That will be for the first half. Maybe bring on Lennon,Jenas or another striker if things arn't going so well.

#45 Guest_Dan_JM_*

Posted 18 February 2008 - 14:45

im going - last minute plan woopee

so nice load of goals clean sheet please grinny.gif

na ill be happy with a 2-0 win - rest key players once we get to 2-0 for the final!

#46 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:03

Yeah, I hope we come out strong. I just hope we're not looking past this to Sunday's match. Ramos should just have them kick the ball back and forth between Cerny and Woodgate..I wouldn't mind so much! tongue.gif

#47 Guest_paulie9214_*

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:39

Pekhart should be able to get a run with Bent maybe.

#48 Guest_Supersub_*

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:31

Carling cup final sunday ...so have the tough task of feilding a strong team but also trying to rest some players...

I dont expect Berbatov to play, and i think Bent will be given a shout.
Zokora(is he back?) will proberly get a game..as will young o'hara,huddlestone and Boetang most likley...

We need to finish the game of early .. and not give them a chance to get back..

#49 Guest_paulie9214_*

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:49

Carling cup final sunday ...so have the tough task of feilding a strong team but also trying to rest some players...

I dont expect Berbatov to play, and i think Bent will be given a shout.
Zokora(is he back?) will proberly get a game..as will young o'hara,huddlestone and Boetang most likley...

We need to finish the game of early .. and not give them a chance to get back..

Yeah ZOkora is back he played in the first leg.

#50 Guest_Ronnie Rosenthal_*

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:53

Think we blew our chance to rest anybody, 1 goal lead isn't enough to be complacement with.

Full team, hope for no injuries and get 3 of the big players off (Berby, Keane, Woodgate, Jenas, Lennon) if and when we can afford to.

We need to do the job Thursday, we can't be looking to Sunday until after the game in completely won, not after blowing the chance to open up a lead in the 1st leg.

Pekhart's in the reserve squad tonight so it may be he won't feature.

#51 Guest_screwball1987_*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:55

I agree Robbo we need to get the job done Thursday, we should look at one game at a time. I would like to see a solid performance from the back line and i would also like to see players like Jenas and Huddlestone step it up a gear to get ready for Chelsea.

#52 Guest_smoggyspur_*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:42

looks like robbo will be getting the nod over cerny

#53 Guest_billytheyidd_*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 13:03

I'll be in block 43, Park Lane.

I can't see Tozyola's side being played but I'm sure the likes of Berbatov will be rested for the CC final.

#54 Guest_Ronnie Rosenthal_*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 16:17

Team News for tomorrow night from the Official Site :

Michael Dawson remains out for the UEFA Cup Round of 32, second leg against Slavia Prague on Thursday night.

The defender picked up a hamstring injury at Derby County on February 9 and remains on the sidelined with fellow hamstring victim Kevin-Prince Boateng. However, reports from the medical team say both players are responding well to treatment and Juande Ramos insisted on Wednesday that 'Daws' was still a possibility for Sunday's Carling Cup Final.

Gilberto looks out of the Wembley showpiece, however, as he's not expected to return to training after a calf injury until next week. Ledley King has trained with the rest of the squad.

Alan Hutton is ineligible as his former club Rangers have dropped into the UEFA Cup as a third-placed finisher in the Champions League.

Elsewhere, long-term injuries Gareth Bale (foot) and Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee) are both continuing their rehabilitation.

#55 Guest_Dan_JM_*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 16:35

king will NOT be risked - him and woody will play CD on sunday

tomorrow we will see:

Robbo
Tainio
Woodgate
Zokora
Chimbonda
Lennon
Huddlestone/O'Hara
Jenas
Malbranque
Berbatov
Keane

Not sure on full backs but we shall see!

#56 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:03

Hmm...that's interesting if Robbo plays. We have a big advantage - if we can keep it tight in the back we should advance. They only way they can beat us is if they score 2 or more goals. I'd put a priority on defense and even think about playing a 4-5-1...because like I said we don't need to score in this one we just need to not get scored on. However, sometimes the best way to do that is to play your normal, attacking style so they can't build anything.

#57 Guest_smoggyspur_*

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:24

good point ^^^^^^^^^^^

#58 Guest_Dan_JM_*

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:33

a win (as im there) east stand upper near park lane! thats all i know atm. i had a bit of luck with the ticket. friends i know from school, the whole family support spurs. they got tickets for the four of them - but 1 of thems ill. so i reluctantly accepted the free ticket offer - couldnt believe my luck lol

3-1 win!!!!

#59 Guest_Dan_JM_*

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:33

QUOTE (Dan_JM @ Feb 21 2008, 09:33 AM)
a win (as im there) east stand upper near park lane! thats all i know atm. i had a bit of luck with the ticket. friends i know from school, the whole family support spurs. they got tickets for the four of them - but 1 of thems ill. so i reluctantly accepted the free ticket offer - couldnt believe my luck lol

3-1 win!!!!

well thats all changed - not going now - oh well tv it is for me!

#60 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:45

Not risking King saving him for the CC Final.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users