• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wilson Palacios MERGED Rate Topic: -----

#241 Guest_Hotspur_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:31

Now i can WAHEY !!!!!!! dancing.gif As it's a DONE DEAL ! So well done Harry and Daniel. Clapping.gif I think what clinched it was Harry's threat to take Wilson to Epping Forest ! So Welcome Wilson Palacios. welcome.gif He is just the midfield player we have been crying out for, for many years. I wish him a long, happy and successfull Spurs career and i just hope he plays his best football whilst with us. We sure need him too.... Banana.gif Banana.gif Banana.gif

#242 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:55

This is the most relieved I've felt after a transfer has gone through for a long while.

#243 Guest_linekerslad_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 15:51

Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaa!! welcome.gif Wilson

best thing ive heard since the missus sprang the other good news last week!!

If its a boy ill be doing a poll on famous spurs names to consider!

nice one Arry, you been busy you dark horse with ghaly gone, sanchez and whoever else out of the lane getyacoat.gif . wave.gif

now lets start making things happen....any news on when he is able to play?
Clapping.gif Clapping.gif yahoo.gif

#244 Guest_mack3rs_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 17:36

was on bbc site in the 606 debate on palacious and there is some serious bad mouthing goin on about him being another over rated over priced spurs flop. check it out

#245 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 17:51

QUOTE (mack3rs @ Jan 21 2009, 05:36 PM)
was on bbc site in the 606 debate on palacious and there is some serious bad mouthing goin on about him being another over rated over priced spurs flop. check it out

Pressumably from Wigan fans?

606 is a p!ss take anyway, the exact reason I left that place, it's full of kids and arm chair supporters who look up the scores on the net at the end of every match and never actually watch a game of footie.

#246 Guest_Woody's Barber_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 17:53

QUOTE (mack3rs @ Jan 21 2009, 05:36 PM)
was on bbc site in the 606 debate on palacious and there is some serious bad mouthing goin on about him being another over rated over priced spurs flop.  check it out

Yeah I saw that. It's always the same with Spurs fans. Some of our kind are NEVER satisfied. All the Wigan fans I have seen commenting on this subject around the Internet are gutted that he's gone.

We will have to wait and see, but I am confident that Wilson is not going to be a flop at all. We need someone to throw themselves into tackles and win balls so that Modric can sit higher up and do his thing. Palacios is that kind of player. I feel he will prove the nay sayers wrong.

#247 Guest_OldBoy_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 19:01

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but why is this subject to a work permit? It's obviously a formality, but we signed him from a Premiership team, where presumably he had a work permit... Do you need one for each separate club? Or did his dog eat it / left it in the wash / er, er I've got it here somewhere....

#248 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 19:43

QUOTE (OldBoy @ Jan 21 2009, 07:01 PM)
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but why is this subject to a work permit? It's obviously a formality, but we signed him from a Premiership team, where presumably he had a work permit... Do you need one for each separate club? Or did his dog eat it / left it in the wash / er, er I've got it here somewhere....

If you move clubs and havn't been in the EU long enough, you have to apply every time for a work permit, I think that's how it works.

He'll be granted one and it's nothing more than a technicality.

#249 Guest_Diamond Lights_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 20:10

QUOTE (UpTheSpurs @ Jan 21 2009, 07:43 PM)
If you move clubs and havn't been in the EU long enough, you have to apply every time for a work permit, I think that's how it works.

He'll be granted one and it's nothing more than a technicality.

Quite correct UTS, if you switch employer which is what he is effectively doing, then you need a new permit but this should be a formality.

#250 Guest_KiwiSpur_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 22:41

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Jan 21 2009, 11:31 AM)
Now i can WAHEY !!!!!!! dancing.gif As it's a DONE DEAL ! So well done Harry and Daniel. Clapping.gif I think what clinched it was Harry's threat to take Wilson to Epping Forest ! So Welcome Wilson Palacios. welcome.gif He is just the midfield player we have been crying out for, for many years. I wish him a long, happy and successfull Spurs career and i just hope he plays his best football whilst with us. We sure need him too.... Banana.gif Banana.gif Banana.gif

Hmmmm never quoted a post before, so forgive me if I screw this up...

But can you explain the bit about Epping Forest (yes I know this maybe off topic)

My family comes from there, there and Chingford, so just interested to know what its all about.

As for Palacios....one bad thing about being unable to watch the games anymore, I don't think I have seen the guy play, though for all the talk, sounds like a good buy?

I presume this will be the final straw for Jenas though. Which is a shame because last time I was able to watch games, he was one of our better players.

#251 Guest_OldBoy_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 22:48

grinny.gif

Don't worry mate. It was just a gag (several pages back) when, due to the length of time this was going on, Hotspur said that Harry had locked him in the car and driven him out to Epping until he signed.

This guy could be the difference - Have a look back through this thread and there is a You Tube link of Wigan (him) vs. Man Utd. this season. That's what we are buying (we hope).

The reason we are so excited is that pretty much everyone here has been praying for a player like this for the last 10+ years.

No pressure then.... grinny.gif

#252 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 22:52

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Jan 20 2009, 10:54 PM)
LATEST LATEST LATEST UPDATE: Harry Redknapp has picked up Wilson Palacios in his Mercedes and has locked the doors so that he cant get out. He is driving him arould London with Daniel Levy also in the back. They wont let him out until he has signed the contract. Harry has threatened to take him to Epping Forest if he doesnt sign the contract. In case anyone doesnt know Epping Forest is where 'offers that you cant refuse' are made. IF you do you are given a shovel to dig your own grave. .

Hope this explains everything Kiwi ?

#253 Guest_KiwiSpur_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 22:53

Oh right, yeah I can see how long this whole thing has taken, just by the 17 pages these threads have taken up!

I might do that, thanks, might be easier just to do a search on youtube though, given the amount of pages to look through.

#254 Guest_OldBoy_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 23:01

Hehe. Apparently the number of pages is even close to being 'busy'

#255 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 23:13

This is busy: http://www.planetspurs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4499 grinny.gif

#256 Guest_markcarter_*

Posted 25 January 2009 - 14:35

I'm a bit confused by this Palacios thing... The article below says he has pledged his future to the club...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4847492,00.html

I didn't even know he had signed yet? Can someone clear this up please.

#257 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 25 January 2009 - 14:45

Signed subject to a work permit which will come through next week. How did you manage to miss this signing ? Have you been living in a cave ? biggrin.gif

#258 Guest_markcarter_*

Posted 25 January 2009 - 15:19

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Jan 25 2009, 02:45 PM)
Signed subject to a work permit which will come through next week. How did you manage to miss this signing ? Have you been living in a cave ? biggrin.gif

I'v been away for over a week with no internet so have not had much contact with the football world.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users