Planet Spurs Forums: Planet Spurs Needs Your Help! - Planet Spurs Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Planet Spurs Needs Your Help!

#1 Guest_Keane_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 20:58

We here at Planet Spurs really do need your help at this present moment in time. Me and Craig dont like doing this, but its got to the point where we really have no choice and we are now looking for Donations to the site off members.

The site is growing rapidly day by day and this means the server costs are rising rapidly too. We just about managed to get away with it last month using 99% of our bandwidth (close call it was on the last day). Already this month, 4 days in, we've used a good amount of bandwidth which means i have no choice but to take up the hosts offer of going up a package, and therefore going up in price (which comes out of my pocket-being a non-profit website an all).

We are also looking at raising some funds to expand the features we have on the site, and getting different licenses that are out there to display different information to you all.

Under no circumstances will i stand behind anyone and crack a whip and force you to have over your hard earned money with the country in the state that it is in. However if you do use the website often (and in work time, earning money!) we would be very grateful if you could help fund the current and future state.

All those that donate will be awknowleged if they wish, and will get some priority in times of high traffic.

CLICK HERETO HELP PLANET SPURS. WE NEED YOU!

Thank you all.

#2 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:35

I'm more than happy to sponsor you lot for a fiver. Will sort it out this weekend. nice1.gif

Maybe it's a good idea to get some more affiliate sponsors involved. I see Kitbag still has that ad but what about some rotating ads on the frontpage. As long as it are not annoying pop ups or moving banners in threads I'm not bothered with some extra ads.

#3 Guest_xX_JIMI_Xx_*

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:10

If we click on the ads, do you get more money?

#4 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:12

We get comission per-purchase made via the link on our page

#5 User is offline   Craig 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Location:Uaushfyddgididryaisetrdirepdrrudoeuydifuspspsosiprgudosusdosp

Posted 05 February 2009 - 13:43

QUOTE (UpTheSpurs @ Feb 5 2009, 12:12 PM)
We get comission per-purchase made via the link on our page

* But I just have to add it is against rules for us to encourage people to click the adds rolleyes.gif

#6 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 05 February 2009 - 13:53

QUOTE (Craig @ Feb 5 2009, 01:43 PM)
* But I just have to add it is against rules for us to encourage people to click the adds rolleyes.gif

Really?

In which case then please don't click on them guys grinny.gif kiss.gif

#7 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:56

I will obviously donate. Is there a minimum figure? i personally think this should be at least a 5.00, because by the time any fees are charged etc pending on how a person does it I think anything less is not worth it. Just my view thats all.
Or what about if its not Private state what the annual figure required is, then just keep members informed from time to time of how much is still required, then if you end up with more than you need, then that can go towards the next years?
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#8 Guest_Keane_*

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:34

There is no limit. Were not forcing anyone to donate. If they want to donste 50p, or 50 its totally up to them. Every penny is appreciated.

To do what i want to do, to expand the site. We need roughly 500. At the current moment in time though, we are only looking at roughly 100. So 100 is the figure we NEED but 500 is the figure we are AIMING for.

#9 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:51

Thats excellent mate, thanks. So realistically 500.00 would be our ideal target thats what to aim for. rolleyes.gif

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#10 Guest_Keane_*

Posted 06 February 2009 - 13:32

Yes, however that is very optimistic. Plus we have some small income from adverts. So whatever we can get at the moment is a massive bonus.

#11 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 06 February 2009 - 16:12

How about a wife swapping party to raise funds. nice1.gif
OK so where do we send a cheque to or how do we pay donations?

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#12 Guest_Keane_*

Posted 06 February 2009 - 17:08

All major credit cards accepted. At Paypal got to http://www.planetspurs.com/donate.php to donate.

#13 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 06 February 2009 - 18:26

Have made my donation. nice1.gif

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#14 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 06 February 2009 - 18:34

Any chance we could hook this up directly to my Paypal account? laugh.gif

#15 Guest_KiwiSpur_*

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:16

I will be happy to donate too, just as soon as I start working again (in a few weeks time)

#16 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 07 February 2009 - 20:18

How about organising a Planet Spurs raffle or lottery ? You could charge say 5 per ticket and put up a prize for the winner. You may even be able to get a prize donated by one of your advertisers ? I'm sure this would enable you to raise the money required. It is always easier to get people to donate money if there is the chance of winning a prize. . .

#17 Guest_Keane_*

Posted 08 February 2009 - 13:02

We are holding competitions every now and then through advertisors however these always have to be free to enter as we aren't paying for the prizes. Plus not many would want to enter competitions when they are pay-per-entry.

I would hope that people would like to donate money out of how much they use the site. Baring in mind, we would probably have to pay for prizes for the Prediction League etc.

#18 Guest_Spurs Will_*

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:07

I know this sounds harsh and maybe not possible but how about limiting the amount of guest users? I don't post a lot but at least im a member and not being a waste of space as it were

EDIT: oh and i will donate a small amount even though i have 3 young kids to feed

#19 Guest_Spurs Will_*

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:13

Donation made crest.gif

#20 Guest_Spurs Will_*

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:35

Our members have made a total of 83928 posts
We have 6895 registered members

Lots of members!!!

How many are active???

This figure is always good to work with