Planet Spurs Forums: Planet Spurs Needs Your Help! - Planet Spurs Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Planet Spurs Needs Your Help!

#21 Guest_Keane_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:54

We've obviously had a lot of problems with spam as most of you know. so we've got a lot of members who are not really people. This has been stopped, but on that note, with the number of people who joined so they could read news (when news was members only) we've only had 1,500 members actually post on the forums.

An email shall be going out soon, very polite 1 i must say.

Thank you for your donation.. it is much appreciated smile.gif

#22 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 12 February 2009 - 19:29

Sorry, but could you be a little more clear on what you need to help keep the site running...say on a monthly or yearly basis?

For example, if 5 people a month give 5, you'll cover your increased costs, etc.

I think that would actually increase the amount of donations versus saying you need about 100 or 500 to make enhancements to the site, etc. Cheers Keane.

#23 Guest_Keane_*

Posted 12 February 2009 - 21:58

Right thats no worries.

We are currently with a host that is costing us 54.99 every year. This is going to go up this month to 69.99 per year. That leaves 30 which will cover the cost of us owning the domain "planetspurs.com". That is the first 100 that we need to be able to run. Baring in mind this doesn't include any rise in traffic to the site or anything like that. Working as we are now thats what it'll cost us. Thats the first 100 we need yearly, over 12 months thats about 8.40 a month.

The other 400 will cover a license for displaying all of Tottenham Hotspurs' fixtures for a season. This will make content on the site a lot better, and features a lot easier to design and use, plus more of them. This should come to about 350-360 per season. The other 40-50 will be used to help us get the site out there a bit more, and also attract visitors and users to use things like the prediction league as we will be able to offer them a small something for winning.

The 500 all together we are looking at about 41.67 a month. I personally believe the current income we have from the google adsense is coming to about 20 a month, so half the total required.

Obviously we don't have 12 months to raise this cash as we need things like hosting now, and fixtures licensing for the start of the new season. But i believe we can still get a good amount from the google adsense and your donations between now and then to help cover the fixtures, if i continue to cover the hosting for the time being.

I will also be looking for direct advertisors and sponsors for the site next season, which again could cover some costs.

#24 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 16 February 2009 - 22:01

OK I was having a philanthropic mood today and tripled my first donation bid and so cleared out my whole PayPal funds of 14,90 as donation to Planet Spurs. I hope my confidence in you guys will prove a good investment! nice1.gif

#25 Guest_Keane_*

Posted 17 February 2009 - 21:20

So do i. Thank you very much indeed! smile.gif

#26 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:03

QUOTE (Stephan @ Feb 16 2009, 10:01 PM)
OK I was having a philanthropic mood today and tripled my first donation bid and so cleared out my whole PayPal funds of 14,90 as donation to Planet Spurs. I hope my confidence in you guys will prove a good investment! nice1.gif

Excellent mate well done good on yer. Clapping.gif
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#27 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 02 March 2009 - 21:13

Got my donation in... Paypal was so fancy it converted it to U.S. dollars on the spot. grinny.gif

Thanks to everyone involved. You've caused me to waste countless hours of my life! angry2.gif tongue.gif

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users