Planet Spurs Forums: Alan Hutton beat up his Dad - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alan Hutton beat up his Dad they brawl outside pub. .. Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Hotspur_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

the News of the World today reports that Alan Hutton gave is own dad, Alan senior 51, two black eyes and even broke his specs after beating him up in the street. The astonishing bust up happened outside the Hadley Oak pub in High Barnet, Herts, where the pair had been drinking with family. One witness to the punch-up, a week yesterday, said, "They were going at it hammer and tongs. Hutton hit his dad so hard in the face he broke his glasses and there was blood everywhere." A source added Alan is a regular in the bar and was with a big group and things got out of hand. The bouncers ejected Hutton and his dad and a fight happened outside on the pavement.

#2 Guest_SuperTottenham_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

That's awful.

#3 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

Not nice is it.... And not the sort of thing you want to be reading about one of our players. Hutton obviously has temper and violence issues if he can resort to beating up his own dad in public view.

#4 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

Hold up, hold up...I thought it was Fighting Irish, not Fighting Scottish..
laugh.gif

Very bad press for Hutton and makes our Club's players look bad as well. I hope he'll get fined for this. Very unprofessional behaviour. What the h*ll are you thinking when you're beating your own dad, aged 51, in the face and break his glasses. Unbelievable

#5 Guest_markcarter_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

This is worse than Joey Barton, how could you punch your dad in the face!

#6 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

Alan Hutton said yesterday in a statement : " I sincerely regret a family disagreement reached the stage it did. I enjoy a good relationship with my dad and we are on good terms." . . . So beating up your dad outside a pub on a Saturday night is enjoying a good relationship with your dad in Hutton's world ! Just aswell he doesnt enjoy a bad relationship with his dad. I would hate to think what might happen then . . .

#7 Guest_taarabt19_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

harry said that the players werent allowed booze so how come huttons drunk

#8 Guest_TheSpurs_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

Scottish are immune to drink

#9 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (TheSpurs @ Mar 22 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scottish are immune to drink

That is far from true with some of the Scots I have met in the past who get violent when they have a drink. I dont know if booze was a factor in Hutton beating up his own dad, or if he was indeed drunk. But I dont think it would of helped the situation. . .

#10 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

All they drink up in Scotland is good ol' 'Wife Beater' (AKA Stella).

Or, in this case, Dad Beater.

But it's terrible really, drunk or not. I couldn't imagine ever laying a finger on my old man whatsoever

#11 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

I maybe over reacting but I cant help thinking, if Hutton cannot control his temper and violent urges against his own dad. What chance is there that he could act the same way towards a women ? Or towards a team mate whilst training or towards an opponent on the pitch during a match ? Especially if he was being wound up. It would seem after this nasty incident that he has a temper problem that can quicky turn to violence ? I mean if he can beat up his own dad, he could just as easily beat up another player ? This is a real worry for me now Ive got to be honest.

#12 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Mar 22 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I maybe over reacting but I cant help thinking, if Hutton cannot control his temper and violent urges against his own dad. What chance is there that he could act the same way towards a women ? Or towards a team mate whilst training or towards an opponent on the pitch during a match ? Especially if he was being wound up. It would seem after this nasty incident that he has a temper problem that can quicky turn to violence ? I mean if he can beat up his own dad, he could just as easily beat up another player ? This is a real worry for me now Ive got to be honest.

The story sounds bad but there's a lot we don't know. To my knowledge he hasn't shown himself to be violent on the pitch in his career and I'm sure he's been wound up before. I don't want to get into a moral debate about it but for all we know his dad could be a piece of work who deserved it. We don't know.

What worries me more is him being drunk during the middle of the season. Every game counts for Spurs since early on in this season, and he should be focusing on getting fit and competing for a place in the squad. Getting in drunken fights with anyone. Very unprofessional and embarrassing for the club. I hope he gets a fine and a telling off for his stupidity.

#13 Guest_Why So Serious?_*

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

I've had one or two punch ups with the old man. Love him to death but we've had our blows. I don't think it makes Hutton look as bad as people are making him out to be. There is so much we don't know about the story. Not condoning violence here but it's not that big a deal.

#14 Guest_crazy_horse_*

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

f***ing jocks

#15 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

In other news regarding Alan Hutton boxing.gif he has declared himself fit for Scotland's World Cup Qualifier away to Holland after playing for our reserves last night.

I would of thought he would of wanted to play some or a 1st team games for Spurs before playing for Scotland, especially as he has been out injured for so long. Obviously Hutton puts Country before Club, or so it would seem ? Huh.gif

I also keep hearing rumours that he will be returning to Glasgow Rangers in the summer... Huh.gif

#16 Guest_Ronnie Rosenthal_*

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Mar 24 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would of thought he would of wanted to play some or a 1st team games for Spurs before playing for Scotland, especially as he has been out injured for so long. Obviously Hutton puts Country before Club, or so it would seem ? Huh.gif

Could it not just be that the reserve game confirmed his fitness and the Scotland match is just the 1st game he is available for? Huh.gif

As for the appalling and shocking news that somebody had a scrap outside a pub; whilst it doesn't reflect well on him as an individual there is nothing, beyond ill-informed and baseless tittle-tattle, to suggest it will have any effect on his ability to do his job whatsoever.

I mean what levels of moral fortitude are we suddenly deciding is mandatory for premiership footballers in this day and age?

Nothing people like more than feeling morally superior and wagging their fingers but I'm afraid it's a bit late to start worrying about modern footballers being nice guys.

I've heard his girlfriend/wife is homesick so this could be something that mitigates a move back to Scotland, if true it's a shame because I rate him.

We're football supporters, we're not on the Jeremy Kyle show; as long as these guys can do their jobs, and nothing has happened to suggest Hutton doesn't remain entirely capable of doing his, I don't see where the need or right exists for us to judge.

Particularly on the News Of The World's say so. wink1.gif

#17 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

Its a forum Ronnie and that is why we feel the need to judge and comment on players actions. Especially if they play for Spurs. .

I agree that they dont have to be nice guys. But beating up and giving your own dad two black eyes and broken specs is a bit 'worrying' at least and of course people on this forum will judge and comment on his actions.

Yes I also agree the NOTW is not always the best basis for 'actual events' but the papers account was quite detailed and there has been no word from Hutton or Spurs to deny this. Infact he was quoted as saying 'he regretted his actions after a disagreement with a family member'

But I do worry and find it strange that 70 odd minutes for our reserves has now made him fit enough for Scotland and a World Cup Qualifier. I do also worry that he could be coming back too soon and thus get injured again playing for his country, when I only really care about when he can play for us.....

#18 Guest_Ronnie Rosenthal_*

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

Fair enough. I just don't feel any outrage I'm afraid because I can't see how on earth it will affect any performances he gives for us in the future.

I didn't mean for all that to read as if I was directing it at you by the way, I quoted the bit about Scotland and replied to that directly and then got on my soapbox. laugh.gif

Going back to him playing for Scotland; I don't see what's so insidious about it I really don't. He's a very very important player for Scotland and they will want him back as soon as he is fit for an important qualifier. Are we really to expect him to say no just in case it might in any way, shape or form adversely affect Tottenham?

Ledley being a supremely one-off case of course.

We've presumably confirmed that he's come through the reserve game fit and Scotland have called him up.

I can't see where there's reason to question Hutton's commitment to Tottenham in there at all or that his wanting to play for Scotland suggests any kind of preference.

It's perfectly normal for us as fans to not be able to see anything beyond Spurs; it's pretty naive though to expect the same of professional players and managers.

#19 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

Well lets just hope playing for Scotland helps get Hutton fit and ready for 1st team action for Spurs. And lets hope he doesnt get injured again playing against the Dutch. praying.gif

And lets also hope he refrains from beating up his own dad ... nice1.gif

#20 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Moderator

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

To be honest it will take a lot for him to get back in the team now anyway... Corluka has been getting better and better!!! Also the last game I saw Hutton play before his injury was in the uefa cup against Modric's old team he was awful and looked off the pace even then!! I'm guessing after how long he has been out its gonna take a while for him to get back to his best!!

Overall I dont think there is much between him and Charlie, Hutton's better goin forward but Corluka is better defensively!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users