• This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool Sunday 24 November, KO: 16:00, White Hart Lane

#1 Guest_Gladiator_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 November 2010 - 19:03

Tottenham Hotspur Vs. Liverpool

Last Time Out:
Liverpool 2 - 0 Spurs
We crash at Anfield as Benitez's men beat us at Anfield.
2 Dirk Kuyt goals seal their win.

A few seasons back, Liverpool were title contenders.
Now they aren't doing as well and Spurs could carry on climbing the table to try and reach that Champions League spot like last year again if we get a valuable 3 points at the lane.

crest.gif

#2 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 17:07

Liverpool have their main man missing (Steven Gerrard) plus the team are
not playing that well.They have had wins but by poor oposition and now they
are coming to the LANE which is becoming a fortress for us and we are playing
in good form and I don't care if Joe Cole is fit as he will not stop us winning
this game I really fancy us to win this game and I forecast a 3--0 win to the
Mighty SPURS and we will carry on climbing the table and we will get very
near the top or even N0.1 who knows.1940Spursman8...coys/////////////////// yahoo.gif

#3 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 25 November 2010 - 17:16

QUOTE (1940Spursman8 @ Nov 25 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liverpool have their main man missing (Steven Gerrard) plus the team are
not playing that well.They have had wins but by poor oposition and now they
are coming to the LANE which is becoming a fortress for us and we are playing
in good form and I don't care if Joe Cole is fit as he will not stop us winning
this game I really fancy us to win this game and I forecast a 3--0 win to the
Mighty SPURS and we will carry on climbing the table and we will get very
near the top or even N0.1 who knows.1940Spursman8...coys/////////////////// yahoo.gif

Love it.

I'm going to go against my own grain, get swept up by Spursman1940's tidal wave of optimism, and predict 3-0 to Spurs as well. Gallas will score his first goal for us, Defoe will bag one off the bench and Bale will score a fee kick.

#4 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 25 November 2010 - 17:49

QUOTE (EuanW @ Nov 25 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love it.

I'm going to go against my own grain, get swept up by Spursman1940's tidal wave of optimism, and predict 3-0 to Spurs as well. Gallas will score his first goal for us, Defoe will bag one off the bench and Bale will score a fee kick.

Don't get optimistic Euan, that's been proven not to work... It's my job! 2-0 Spurs I reckon.
For all the negative press on Liverpool this season, they haven't in reality been that much worse than us - if they were to win by 2 clear goals they would actually leapfrog us in the table.
Just to put things into perspective.

#5 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 25 November 2010 - 18:27

We've had too many good results as of late. I'm going to dampen the spirits by predicting a dull 0-0 affair. At least we keep a clean sheet aye...

We should take advantage of the absence of Gerrard and struggling Torres though....

#6 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 25 November 2010 - 18:32

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Nov 25 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't get optimistic Euan, that's been proven not to work... It's my job! 2-0 Spurs I reckon.
For all the negative press on Liverpool this season, they haven't in reality been that much worse than us - if they were to win by 2 clear goals they would actually leapfrog us in the table.

Not always ! I've optimistically predicted quite a few wins this year, Fulham away as an example.

At home, I expect us to beat them, a lot of their results have been one nil against poorer opposition.

#7 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 25 November 2010 - 19:37

What on earth is a one nil wink1.gif

#8 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 25 November 2010 - 20:40

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Nov 25 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What on earth is a one nil wink1.gif

It's not the Spurs way, that's for sure... grinny.gif

#9 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 25 November 2010 - 22:51

hmm liverpool are in shambles. no self belief, injury problems, no in form strikers, no depth, an unsettled, defensively prone glen johnson (assuming against bale...wow, can't wait to see it)... i can't see them beating us, much less scoring against us. 2-0 victory for us with possibility of a huge rout, im gonna take a guess, lucas or agger red card as well.

also, f*** joe cole. i hope we embarrass his sorry ass.

edit: "footballing reasons".

#10 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 25 November 2010 - 23:28

Think Agger's still injured, which is good for us.

#11 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:36

I really think we are going to win this match. Liverpool I believe are without Gerrard and Torres but they are still a decent team. Think we will win this 2-1 or 3-1.

#12 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:06

Ok looks like Torres will be playing but it doesnt matter!

#13 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:30

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Nov 25 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll go with 4-2 spurs - still don't trust us to keep anywhere near a clean sheet but 'pool have looked very shaky at the back as well and we have a much much better midfield/attack in my view.

Torres coming back into form worries me but with Gerrard out (is he still out?) even he will be less of a threat I hope.

P'n'R might fall of his seat to hear me ask this buit is JJ ok to play? Fot the 18 minutes he was on the pitch I thought he was really good against Werder. lots of energy and seemed to play with a bit of thought as well.

My thoughts on him are well documented but with Hudd out we need him to step up and perform, and I thought he looked promising on Wednesday and deserves a shot in this one if fit.

With Modric and Lennon really looking sharp as well (and VdV back?) we should have enough to send them back up north with zero points. driver.gif

#14 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:39

Good to see the wave of optimism taking over this site nowadays!! I think we have to be confident at home to an average Liverpool (this year so far) Be nice to have V.D.V back in the ranks??

I'm gonna say 3-1

This is my line up:

Gomes

Hutton Gallas Kaboul BAE

Lennon Modric Palacios Bale
V.D.V

Defoe

On the Bench, Cud, Bassong, Corluka, Sandro, Kranjcar, Pav, Crouch!!!

#15 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:54

This is a big game for sure. Despite everything, Liverpool's best eleven are still a very tough outfit...their weakness is that they no longer have strength in depth. The absence of Gerrard should help to isolate Torres which ought to be our initial objective. If he gets little service he will start to lose interest and the job will already be half done. Rest assured, they will come and play 4-5-1, make it difficult for us to break them down and then try to hit us on the counter. We tend to struggle in such circumstances so an early goal would be ideal. This is the first time for many years that we will start as favourites for this game. The players need to keep their concentration and avoid over-confidence. I would certainly start with WP as defensive midfield cover regardless of JJ's fitness, but give him instructions to stay deep at all times, win the ball legitimately and then give a simple, early ball to a team mate.
I think we might just win this but it will be close. First goal is crucial.

#16 Guest_NY SPURS FAN_*

Posted 26 November 2010 - 14:45

liverpool are self destructing...and spurs have serious momentum and drive, i cant see liverpool winning this game

#17 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 November 2010 - 16:41

Dont wanna see 4-4-1-1 even if VDV is back. We are a much better team with 4-4-2. Would like to see the following if VDV is fit.

Gomes
Hutton Gallas Kaboul BAE
Lennon VDV Modric Bale
Crouch Defoe

Very attacking team but Modric has progressed a lot recently I believe and is capable of playing a role slightly behind VDV. Without Gerrard we have the chance to boss the midfield. COYS!

#18 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 26 November 2010 - 19:17

QUOTE (ChrisBentley @ Nov 26 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont wanna see 4-4-1-1 even if VDV is back. We are a much better team with 4-4-2. Would like to see the following if VDV is fit.

Gomes
Hutton Gallas Kaboul BAE
Lennon VDV Modric Bale
Crouch Defoe

Very attacking team but Modric has progressed a lot recently I believe and is capable of playing a role slightly behind VDV. Without Gerrard we have the chance to boss the midfield. COYS!

Not for me Chris, i feel that this line-up would be under-estimating Liverpool, and that would be dangerous.
We don't need to take this risk as i feel we would have enough even if we played with a proper DM as security

#19 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 26 November 2010 - 19:44

QUOTE (FergoSpurs @ Nov 26 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P'n'R might fall of his seat to hear me ask this buit is JJ ok to play? Fot the 18 minutes he was on the pitch I thought he was really good against Werder. lots of energy and seemed to play with a bit of thought as well.

My thoughts on him are well documented but with Hudd out we need him to step up and perform, and I thought he looked promising on Wednesday and deserves a shot in this one if fit.

shock.gif Is this genuine concern for JJ's wellbeing Fergo, or are you just worried that a long term injury will hamper any chance of selling him in January nice1.gif

#20 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 November 2010 - 19:49

Team pretty much picks itself just now....

Gomes
Hutton
Kaboul
Gallas
Ekotto
Lennon
Palacios
Modric
Bale
Crouch
Pav/Defoe

Going on the assumption Jenas and VDV don't make it. VDV in CM, not for me either, for this particular game. I'm not adverse to a VDV/Modric CM pairing against poor, defensive, teams but Liverpool are much more than that.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users